Get The Things Clear

Shining Light

"Nuna, nuna!" Taemin approached us as he called me. "Jinki hyung..."

"What happened?!" I asked him.

"I don't know but I think hyung has woke up!"

Then I rushed to his bedroom.

I left Key alone in the living room, but after a while he followed me too.

I hurriedly sat beside his bed and spontaneously held his hand.

He was sweating. It looked like he was worried on his dream.

"Sshh, I'm here, I'm here." I said to calm him down.

He stopped moving his head. I guess he slowly calmed himself down.

Suddenly I felt his hand moving, and he opened his eyes.

"Sh-Shin Hae Ri?" He called me with a hoarse voice.

"Yeah.."

"Why... Why are you here?" He asked me confusedly.

"Tae...Taemin called me. He said you got a high fever." I said.

"Taemin-ah..., why did you call her?"

"Hyung, you're sick! I called her because all of those nunas were-"

"Taemin-ah...," Jinki called him and made him stop talking.

"Alright...," Taemin said. "I think both of you have to stop all of these hide-and-seek game. I'll give you time to talk." Taemin went outside and followed by Key and Jonghyun.

They left me alone with this guy.

And I felt uncomfortable.

"So..., what's your day?" He asked me like nothing happened.

"Is it even important? Don't you have something to say about your condition, or even to explain something that happened on that night? And how about what Taemin said earlier? All of those nunas? Who? And why did you stop him? Do you like it when my head was full because I wanted to ask you too many questions?!"

Then he just let out a sigh.

"It's been a long time since our first year anniversary... Yet you still don't know me completely." He said. "I'm sorry I ruined that day. I shouldn't do that. But if I didn't do that, you won't know my true personality. You may trapped on this stupid love. You shouldn't love me."

I felt tears falling down from my eyes.

"W-Why?" I asked him with a trembling voice. Between nervous and hesitant. I'm afraid to hear his answer.

"I'm not a good person. I dated so many girls before. I like to go to clubs and drink a lot. I like to flirt with girls and it feels not right when I saw your eyes, your deep eyes. I feel so wrong. I think the biggest mistake I've made was to make you mine."

"Even after you dated me, you didn't stop?" I asked in disbelief

"I can't stop. I can't stop to drink, I can't stop... It's like a habit. Yeah. Flirting with girls, is a habit."

Then I cried.

"Then why did you tell me that you love me?! Do you want to play with my heart?!"

"I'm a playboy. I thought you could make me stop my bad habit, but I realized you couldn't. It will just make you feel burdened. It'll make your life harder. I realized you're not the right person." He sighed again. "But to tell you that I don't love you anymore, it's really hard, I have to admit that. But I'm trying really hard too, to forget everything about you. Let's just be friend. It's the best for both of us. I should find the right person who can make me stop my bad habit. Then when that time comes, I promise you I'll see you as a better guy."

"Can't you give me another chance? Who knows if I could stop your habbit, Jinki-ah?"

"Give you another chance means give you more pain." He said to me.

"If I've to feel that pain so you could love me once again, then I'm okay with it."

He shook his head. "I don't want to know a sweet girl like you feel such that pain. I hate it to know when you cried because of me. So from now on, I want you to life your live happily and find another guy. A better guy than me. So in that way, I could life my live happily too. And I promise you I will find another girl."

"Jinki-ah, you are a really bad guy. A really bad person!" I cried really hard. "I thought you're really innocent."

"I knew it and I'm sorry. I'm not innocent. I have many different sides to show. I thought you were the right person, but I realized you're not. Keeping you beside me means I'm hurting you more and more. I should search another girl, and you too." He said as he hugged me.

Maybe it was our last hug.

"But it seems I'm the one who will be a single for a long time." He said and smiled.

"Ya, what do you mean?"

"The guy who sat beside you on that bus... Is Key, right? I know from Jonghyun, he's a good guy. He's better than me. And it looks like he will tell you his feeling, anytime soon."

"Lee Jinki, are you a fortune-teller?"

"No, but I could feel his affection towards you. It seems like he loves you. And you too." He said to me and gave me a smile. "So, now we're friends?"

He extended his hand to have a handshake with me.

He makes me remember that time, the first time we met.

"Excuse me, what do you want to drink?"

I looked at the guy who stood handsomely in front of me. He must be a new waiter.

"Ah... I want to order something sweet..." I said as I looked deep into his eyes.

His smile.

"Sweet? Do you want to order hot chocolate?"

"Ah.. Yeah... I want to order a hot chocolate..."

"Okay, one hot chocolate. Is there anything else?" He asked me.

"Ah... Um... May I know your name?"

He looked at me strangely.

"Me? I'm Lee Jinki. What's your name, agassi?" He asked me as he extended his hand to have a handshake with me.

"I'm Shin Hae Ri. Nice to meet you, Jinki-ssi." I extended my hand too, and we had our first handshake.

In a coffee shop, where he worked at.


"My name is Lee Jinki. What's your name? Ah, nice to meet you!" He said cheerfully.

I extended my hand to reach out his hand as I said, "I'm Shin Hae Ri. Nice to meet you too, Jinki-ssi." And both of us laughed awkwardly. 

He did the exact same thing like what he did to me at the first time we met.

Actually it took around around 5 months for me to forget our relationship. Let's just call it... He was not the right for me, so I didn't really love him. I just liked him. Yeah, I ever liked him once.

He seemed so innocent, but on that day, when he kissed that anonymous girl, I felt he was so different. And somehow I could felt the true side of him.

But no matter what, now we're friends. And yeah.. Let's just be friends. It's much better now. I don't feel uneasy whenever I saw his face anymore.


A/N: The italic part is their past:)