Everything, Tell Me Everything

Shining Light

Key grabbed my hand to the living room. He sat down first, then he told me to sit beside him. He made both of us left Jinki, Jonghyun, and Taemin in that room. And I'm a little bit worried too, because Jinki was still unconscious.

Before he talked to me, he let out a sigh. Then he looked at me seriously.

"I wanted to forget you, I wanted to stay away from your sister too, I wanted to not get involved in this problem. But then you came again filled my head with questions. So, what should I do?"

I bit my lips. He looked really frustrated.

"Okay, so tell me," he said. "Tell me what happened to you, your sister, and tell me everything you know."

"I...," I paused.

"I'm listening. Trust me, I will help you as much as I can."

I sighed.

"What happened? I don't really know too. But what I know is... On that day, that guy blamed me for not taking a scholarship. Then he gave me a ticket to get into the new school based on an agreement. That's why Hae Rin became his wife, because of that agreement. That's why Hae Rin left house, because of that agreement. That's why Hae Rin worked in bars, because of that agreement. Basically, she just had a job, in a coffee shop near your house."

"Then, tell me why you didn't take the scholarship."

"It's not a short story. You may be confused, or not believe. Me too, just believed it right after I met Hae Rin..., one night."

"I'm okay, I'll try to believe. But wait. You met her?"

"Yeah. She sneaked out to the window. But she couldn't be there for long because that guy put a record player in her dress. So she just typed what she wanted to say on a text message. And.. Oh, she told me that she told that guy that she left her wallet in home, so that guy let her gone because he was afraid that Hae Rin had his photo inside of her wallet."

"Did she tell you anything else?"

"She told me why she sacrificed herself just for my school fee."

"What? What's the reason?"

"Because she felt sorry. When we were in junior high school, Hae Rin got a scholarship so she went to Seoul International School when we were in High School." I told him my story. "Actually one day, not so long after she said she got a scholarship to Seoul International School, I got one too. But it was just a memory."

"Memory? What? Why?"

"Actually it was not mine. It supposed to be someone else. But one day after school, I went home late because I had to study in the library. When I wanted to go out to the main lobby, I past the teachers' meeting room. Then I saw Hae Rin was there."

"What did she do?"

"It's late night and usually after 3 PM, all of the rooms in my school were locked excluding the library. Someone who saw her could tell that she did something suspicious there."

"Did she cheat or...?"

"I can't say it was cheating, but.. Well..., inside the teachers' meeting room, there were a few envelope. It was a scholarship envelope. Every envelopes had the students' name on it. Just the chosen students who could got the scholarship. I knew I couldn't got it because I was not smart enough in education, and I'm not sad with that. I'm totally okay. Even after knowing that Hae Rin got a scholarship and I didn't, I'm totally okay." I said. "But what made me sad was.... I saw her changed one of the name on the envelope, into mine. She changed it so it looked like I got the scholarship too. I'm sad. I was so sad. She cheated just for me."

"Then, what happened after that?"

"I told her it's wrong, but she kept telling me that she didn't do anything, she kept telling me that I got the scholarship. She lied, I knew it already that I didn't get the scholarship." I told him. "So that's why I didn't take it. Because I knew it was not mine, so I didn't take it. I quit school and searched for a job."

"So the conclusion is... She got the scholarship then went to Seoul International School, and she cheated for you because you didn't get the scholarship and she felt sorry? So that's why she came to Lee Minho guy and...?"

"Yeah. It could be like that. There were many things I want to ask again to her, but on that night, I couldn't saw her for too long. And she told me that she didn't want to marry that guy, but that guy forced her."

"And then..?"

"I didn't know what to do. She said that's why after I quit my school, she quit her school too and help me to find money."

"Did you remember something else?" Key asked me.

"On that night, she kept telling me that she felt sorry to me. Because she took the scholarship, she felt sorry because she left me alone on that school. She said we shouldn't be separated, but she took the scholarship. And because she felt sorry, she wanted to make me feel High School again. She said she tried to make me forgive her."

"Did you realize there's something strange?" He asked me.

"What? Strange?"

"Yeah." He sighed. "I just realized after Jonghyun told me something."

"What?"

"Korean people can't get a scholarship to Seoul International School. And you said earlier, Hae Rin got a scholarship to Seoul International School."

"Wait. Wait. Hey, but I didn't lie!"

"No, no. I'm not telling you lied to me. Because she told me the exact same thing too."

"What did she tell you?

"She told me she got a scholarship too. That's why we went to the same school in high school."

"How did... you meet her?"

He scratched her neck and smiled awkwardly to me.

"It's been a long time... I can't remember it clearly..." He said. "But I can't forget it completely too."

I just nodded my head.

"When I was about 13, I saw a pretty girl was standing in front of my school. I asked her what she was doing at that time, and she told me that she wanted to look around at the library in my school. I took her to the library and I saw her took a few books at that time."

"Oh, yeah. Both of us like to read books. But I like to read novels, and she likes to read comics."

"Yeah. At that time, she looked for One Piece series. She told me she liked that. And I remember I accompanied her to read that series until late night. And I asked her name, I asked her phone number. And since that time, I think we got closer. She said Seoul International School is her dream school. She wanted to become one of the students in Seoul International School just because of the library."

"Why did you love her?"

"Why did you love that guy who was lying down inside that room?"

I feel my cheeks blushed. He didn't even mention a name, but Jinki popped out right into my head.

"He's kind..., cute..., handsome, a really warm-hearted guy..." I imagined him. "But since that day, I don't think I'll be able to love him anymore."

"Oh man, don't lie. I know every time you look at him, there must be a little strange feelings in your heart. Especially when you look right into his eyes, I know you become nervous."

"No...," I murmured to myself. "Back to the topic. So, did you think that she lied to you?"

"Not only me, but you too. I don't know if she really lied, or she was trapped in someone's plan." He looked at me seriously as he put both of his hands in front of his chest, looks like he's thinking many things.