Where Are You?

Shining Light

"Key-ssi, Lee Min Young-ssi said that she worked on a club around Daegu too." She whispered to me slowly as we walked into the owner of the club's room.

"Okay. If we don't get anything from here, we will visit my hometown then."

"What? Your hometown too?!"

"What? Is it your hometown too?"

"No..., it's Lee Min Young-ssi's hometown."

I just nodded my head.

I knocked the door and opened it. Then I saw an ahjussi sat on a table, alone. He doesn't seem like a nice guy, but not bad guy too.

"Actually it's not the first time I saw an underage couple in here." He said, unexpectedly.

"No, actually we're not a couple. And I don't think I'm underage. Maybe I have a baby face." I said, straighten out this conversation.

"I don't want to talk about your face. And I don't care if you're underage." He paused, then continued, "Well, maybe you weren't a couple yet. Just wait and see, love will grow between both of you. I'm not a fortune teller but sometimes, what I say will be happened. So beware." He said and it made me uncomfortable.

"Can we have a sit?" I asked, tried to change the topic.

"Oh, of course. I don't want my guests to stand as I'm speaking." He said as he pointed at 2 chairs in front of him. "So, what's the matter?"

"I want to know more about Shin Hae Rin." I said to the point.

"Shin Hae Rin?" He asked. "I don't know who is she."

"Don't lie. I know you know about her. The bartender at the first floor said that she was one of his friends, she was one of the bartenders in here. Am I right?"

"I don't know who you are so I can't tell you about my employees."

"She's my twin. I need to know about her. I know you can help me." Hae Ri said.

"Your twin? She has never talked about you before. I admit that you have the same face with her, but... I don't think I'm on the right mind."

"Yes, I know. She has never talked about me to someone else. But since she was missing several days ago, so I need to know about her. I know she worked in here. But..., have you ever see she meet a strange guy? Or... Do you ever heard she talked with a guy on the phone?"

"Who knows? This is a bar, lady. You can't tell if he's a good guy, strange guy, or a bad guy. Well, this place is for fun!"

"Do you know if she worked at some clubs beside this club?" I asked him this time.

"Ah, she ever told me that she was absent because she has to do something in a club around Daegu. But I don't think she worked in there."

"Ah, may I know..., what time she usually take the shift?"

"At night, but not until late night. Around 5PM-9PM usually."

"Ah, thank you for your information. I think we have to go there now." Hae Ri gave him a smile, and grabbed my hand to the door.

***

"So what time we will arive at Daegu?"

"2 hours from now." He answered.

"Around 3 PM?"

"Yeah, maybe. Who knows?"

"What time-"

"Hae Ri-ssi, please, just please....," he looked at me sadly. "Be quiet. I need to sleep." Then he closed his eyes.

I pouted.

"I can't remember my hometown. My mom or dad has never talked about it..." I said slowly, almost whispering.

"Just ask them and when we have time, I will take you there." He said it without opened his eyes.

"How can I meet someone up above the sky?" I looked at the bus' window. It shows the beauty of a sky. The blue sky.

Then I didn't hear anything. Silent. I turned around, then I saw him. He's watching me.

"Your parents have died?" He asked carefully.

"Well, I'm not sure." I answered. I guess he couldn't understand so he opened his eyes a little bit wider, and it looks like he's a little bit interested on my past.

"So where are they? Sky?" He asked again.

"Why didn't you ask Hae Rin?"

"Ah... About that...," he stuttered. "I listened to her, but after she was missing, I couldn't think right and I forgot everything about her story. I know, I'm such a bad guy."

"No, I think you weren't focused when she told you about her past. Am I right?"

"Maybe..."

"Our mom and dad left us 8 years ago because of the crisis... I lived with Hae Rin. Only with her. So that's why I live alone since the day she left me."

***

I knew her past, of course. But I acted like I'm interested with her story. I knew her past because she's Hae Rin's twin. I knew it, for sure.

Even if she didn't tell me about her past, I knew it already. It's all because of Hae Rin.

Sometimes I wonder if I really miss her.

Hae Rin-ah... Don't hide, I won't hate you. Just show yourself, because I want to ask so many things to you. Why do you have to do this? Do you want to test my love? Do you think all of these 5 years are not enough yet? Until when.... Until when... I have to wait for you, until when?


A/N: The last paragraph is Key's POV:)