Chapter 2

Unexpected Love [hiatus]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 Jessica’s POV 

Tiring day… I’m now inside my room, in our house actually. I just came home from meeting with Siwon Choi.

There are lots to do and fix with the company… and now this?

I’m so tired that I just lied down on by comfy bed.  Train of thoughts is running in my mind… and so… I closed my eyes…

 

 

 *Flashback* 

[5 years old]
“Hey my little princess, what did you do today?”

“Nanny and I read some geography books, but Father, I said to her that I don’t want to.”

“No, Jessica you have to do it so you’ll become smart like your Mommy. Don’t you want that?

“Of course I do, but I haven’t seen Mom since she’s staying in heaven. So... can I just read all the books when she got back?”

“No princess, you’ll do it and that’s an order.”

“But Father, I want to play outside with the other kids. I think it would be aweso-”

“I’ll talk to you again when you’re done with your lessons. Bye princess.”

“F-father…”

 

 

[7 years old]
“Father! I’m the top2 on Most Genius Child Prodigies of the World! Cool, isn’t it?”

“You could have been on top1 if you just did your best.”

“I d-did my best Father. It’s just that, the guy who won is already 17 years old, I can’t win against hi-”

“Excuses Jessica! If you’re smart, you’re smart and that’s it. Age doesn’t matter.”

“…”

“Better do it next time. No, do your best, I don’t want something like this to happen again. Understood?”

“U-understood”

 

 

[12 years old]

“How’s you Language Lessons?”

“Good”

“What languages are you fluent now?”

“Japanese, Italian, and Spanish.”

“What about French? You’ll need it sometime soon for the company.”

“I’m still learning it Father”

“Okay then, get yourself, I want to introduce you to the investors.”

“…”

 

 

[13 years old]
“Father, can I go with the Summer Camp?”

“Why?”

“It’ll give me more knowledge and also… I want to meet some friends. I want to know how it feels having a friend.”

 

“Whatever you’ll learn with that camp, I know you already knew it. It has nothing special. So the answer is no. Friends? I’ll introduce to you my business partners’ children. People like them are much better to be your friends. Go to your room now.”

 

“… Uhm your right. Goodnight Father.”

.

.

.
“Jessica, meet your friends, the Kims’. This is Taeyeon and this is Hyoyeon. They will be your friends from now on.”

“Father… t-thank you”

 

 

[13 years old]
“Jessica, come here”

“Yes Father?”

“What happened?”

“I don’t understand Father.”

“What happened to your grade?”

“I… I… but… it’s quite good. It’s just that I didn’t meet the requirements for Calculus. I was- ”

“Jessica, this will be the last time I see this. Go to your room now.”

“Okay Father… I’m s-sorry.”

 

 

 

 

[15 years old]
“What course are you planning to take?”

“Father… I would like to take Fashion and Designs.”

“What about the company?”

 

“Well, uhhh, after I finished my course, I’m thinking of having my own business Father, but I am willing to take my duties in the company.”

 

“I didn’t raise you just to take our company as your 2nd priority Jessica. I know you understand well what I am saying.”

“…”

“Now, I’m asking you. What are you planning to take?”

 

“B-business Management Father.”

“That’s my princess.”

 *End of Flashback* 

 

 

All those times, my father is the only one who decided about my activities, what I eat, what I do, what I need, who I meet... even wherever I go, it must be under his commands.

 

I always think he just wants what’s the best for me. The fact that my Mom died at my very young age, he’s the only one I have. He’s the only one I can depend on.
But as years passed, my thoughts are beginning to bug me…

Does he love me?


I know it isn’t right to think of that way, every parent loves his/her child right? So what does it make any different with my father?

 

When I came home from school, books are always on top of my list. I have to spend studying more even if I had just done it from school. School and home, there’s no difference for me. They are both the same, I got to get alone and study… always, so I won’t disappoint him. I want to make him proud of me, proud to say that I, Jessica Jung is her daughter.

 

But ever since, I haven’t heard him say from his lips that words I always long to hear.
the words “I’m so proud of you”

Why Father?

Is it not enough?

 

 

Am I not enough?
 

Yeah… maybe I’m not. I’m always not.


I grow up always hearing from him what to do’s and what not’s.

Here, go study these and those after these.  And it’s all for sake of our dearest company, for his great company that he little by little, forgot about me.

 

I once thought that I am one of his employees. I have to be always efficient, I always have to be perfect because if I got it wrong even at the least thing, he’ll fire me.

He’ll disown me. 
It’s funny, isn’t it?

 

 

And yet, again… for his company, I have to endure things he prefers to do for me. Will it be forever like this…
to be always under his commands?

 

 

 

 

Don’t get me wrong, I love him, I love my father. I always do… but this time, I want to get out of his shell. These are not what I have dreamed of, they’re not what I’ve wanted. Maybe, from now on, it’s time for me to live on my own.

 

I have expected it long before, but still, it surprises me. Marriage?
No fuvking way.

I have to get away with this, because there’s no way he’ll listen to me. I have to escape…
 

I wish I won’t regret it...

 

 

 

I have decided now, there's no more going back.

I went to my father’s study room. I now have my plan. Well, geez, I can’t believe I’m a prodigy. What I will say is so lame.
 

 

 

I knocked twice and open the door. He’s there busy with his work. I walked slowly getting nearer and nearer to him. He looked at me.

Whoooooh… breathe deep Jessica.

 

“F-father, there’s s-something I want to tell you…”

 

 

 

 Someone’s POV 

 

 

"You're not listening, are you?" the shorter girl who's pacing back and forth frustratingly said towards the other girl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter