Chapter 24

Unexpected Love [hiatus]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

This chapter is written all from the past (Five years ago) 

 

“I swear Yoona, this is gonna be the last time-”

 

“Just wait Tiff, can you? We just arrived not long ago and yet your is already itching right there.” Yoona exclaimed as she took a sip of her juice.

 

“Says the one who doesn’t have one.”

 

“Who says I don’t?! Uggghh-- at least I’m not short!”

 

“And so am I!”

 

“You are short!”

 

“I’m not short you buttless!”

 

“I HAVE BUTTS AND IT’S PRETTIER THAN YOURS!”

 

“SAYS WHO?!”

 

“SAYS ME YOU FREAK!”

 

“WHATEVER FRANKENSTEIN!”

 

“EXCUSE MEEE?!”

The elder man beside them chuckled a bit to his “daughters’ bantering”. It isn’t like the first time he saw the two verbally fight. It does happen always and he isn’t sure yet why is he not getting used to it.

 

“Stop it you two, everyone’s watching.”

“Tiffany started it!” Yoona hissed at her sister who is by then aimlessly looking around the restaurant. Tiffany stared at every object she sees inside; walls, chairs, furniture, and even on the floor. A slight frown is visible on her face. Yoona on the other hand stared at where Tiffany averts her eyes. She herself is confused- not around the cozy hotel they are in but the way her sister acts on everything. Until she saw Tiffany grabbed the pair of spoon and fork on the table, flipping it around. Yoona saw how her sister’s eyebrows furrowed and there she took her own pair of utensils and looked on it herself.

 

Nothing… there’s nothing –Yoona thought.

 

 

“Weird…” Yoona heard her sister mumbled.

 

“You just called me Frankenstein and now- weird? Seriously.”

 

“No- I mean this place.” Tiffany softly whispered but Yoona was able to hear her.

“What about the place? Isn’t it great in here?” It was their uncle who popped the questions. Yoona nodded her head while Tiffany was still having her thoughts about the place. “It’s just weird that I can see the letters ‘JJ’ everywhere.” –Tiffany.

 

It was Sooyeon’s favorite letters –Tiffany thought as she averted her eyes on the glass walls. The sun’s rays are reflecting on it and from her position. She can see the letters JJ lightly written on it.

Beautiful… just like Sooyeon. It’s beautiful
I wish I could bring her here… -Tiffany slightly scoffed to herself. She was thinking of her love when on the contrary, she’s here to meet her fiancée. Life is just too unfair…

 

 

“Good morning” a girl on a waitress suit served them a bottle of wine. Tiffany politely smiled at the girl with her nameplate written Wendy. She was not as surprised anymore when she saw a watermark of JJ on her nameplate but the curiosity got the best on her.

“Excuse me Miss.” Tiffany said and that the Wendy girl looked at her. “Yes Mam?” “I just want to know why is there letters JJ all over the place. They’re just too many that I can’t help but to notice.” Tiffany asked, slightly chuckling at her weird question. Well she finds it weird to be honest.

“Oh that, actually there are only few people who notice it *grins* and you’re not the first one to ask Mam.” Tiffany nodded at Wendy’s statement and waited for her to continue, “JJ is the owner’s initial. They say it means everything where there’s JJ on it, it belongs to her.”

 

“She? Err belongs to her?” isn’t that a bit egocentric of her?

 

“Oh yes Mam, our owner is a she and to answer your another question *laughs* she isn’t an egocentric Mam. Well that’s on my opinion since she hasn’t shown her face to us and there’s this thing that, our owner started this business from her own and they say JJ symbolizes her hardships and effort before she owns a certain thing.”

Now… that’s sweet –Tiffany thought but face-flushed since she just said her thought loud. She thanked Wendy before the latter decided to leave them saying she has another set of tables to serve for.

 

“Too much information” Yoona playfully said, earning a glare from her sister. “Well that's really too much you know. I mean- who would even want to know what this certain JJ means? Well- not me.” Yoona nonchalantly said with a shrug.

 

“Sooyeon likes JJ. It’s her favori-”

“Please Steph, stop right there. I thought you already know that it’s for the best?” It was Yoona who is now serious. She placed her hand on Tiffany’s, indirectly telling her that she knows how hard for Tiffany it is but there’s really nothing they can do about it.

 

Tiffany nodded her head twice in defeat as she once again averted her eyes on the spoon she was holding. A smile escaped from her lips when she tilted it and she saw JJ.

 

 

“They’re here.” Steve said and that made the sisters look behind them.

What am I feeling nervous? –Tiffany gulped as she saw a man who she presumes is around her Uncle Steve’s age and she saw another silhouette behind him. A girl one.

Her heart beat increased and she mentally punched herself because of it.
What the hell is so wrong with me?!  -Tiffany

“Mr. Hwang” the man said as he extended his hand towards Steve and shook it. “Oh what’s with the formality James?” Steve playfully punched James’ shoulder but the latter was able to dodge it with a small laugh. “C’mon Steve, not gonna work with a former boxer.” James snickered, “Right, whatever you say Jung.” The sisters were just watching the scene same as the other girl standing aside, which everyone is unaware of her presence except the old Jung and Tiffany.

This girl- I know I have seen her before… –Tiffany who is stealing glances at the girl standing be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter