Chapter 21

Unexpected Love [hiatus]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“How many times do I have to tell you to go home?”

“…” no response

 

“Tiffany, are you even listening?”

“…” still no response

 

“Goodness Tiffany” Sunny said as she placed her hand on her nape, sighing frustratingly after she went out of the room, intending to wait for the other girl outside. While on the other side, Tiffany was busy tucking her daughter in, on the bed. Tiffany seemed to not hear her best friend as she sweetly smiled on her 4 years old daughter’s sleeping face, not forgetting to place a soft kiss on little Miyoung’s forehead.

“Good night sweetheart~ I love you.” Tiffany whispered towards her sleeping daughter. That’s when she stood up and looked at where was Sunny before, finding the shorter girl not there anymore. She silently went out taking a last glance at her daughter.

Tiffany saw Sunny leaning on the kitchen counter with a glass of water in her hand. She mentally frowned as she knew where their conversation will lead to once again…

Home

 

 

I don’t want to go home. Tiffany thought.

 

 

“Tiff-”

“If this is about going home, Sunny please.” Tiffany said, cutting Sunny on whatever she was about to say. Thinking the shorter girl will just convince her to go home for an unending time. She sat down, currently playing with her fingers like a child and continued, “I just can’t go home. Just please let us stay for a week.”

 

“What about you daughter?” Sunny asked as she sat in front of Tiffany, staring at her questionably. “What if she asks about her other mother huh?”

“Sunny, it is not even a day since we get here-”

 

“FYI Hwang, your daughter just asked me earlier where her umma is.” Sunny said on a flat tone, rolling her eyes on the process.

Tiffany sighed once again, burying her face on her hands, letting out a small grown. She herself admits that she wonders where her supposed to be wife could be. It is true that she went out of their house because she doesn’t want to see her ‘wife’ and bringing Miyoung isn’t actually part of her plan. The reason why she forgot about her while she was busy earlier on her office, doing an unexpected overtime.

 

 

“I just don’t wanna go home…” Tiffany mumbled, her face still buried on her palms.

“Tiffany, you can’t just act like this every time” Sunny said on her calm tone, giving Tiffany a good stare “you, going here when there’s something wrong with the both of you. You guys should learn how to fix things up and…” Sunny scrunched her nose that didn’t go unnoticed by the other girl who was now staring back at her “can you please just grow up?” the shorter girl then laughed heartedly, earning a frown from Tiffany.

“I am grown up!” Tiffany said while sending the laughing girl across her with her deadly glances.

“Yeah right.” Sunny mocked, teasingly. “Says the mother who took her child away, leaving her wife and-”

“I didn’t know Miyoung was sleeping inside my car!” Tiffany defensively uttered back, her hands gesturing some actions which Sunny didn’t understand anyway.

 

“Oh my god Hwang. I really can’t understand why you became a mother. Miyoung is way more mature than you are.” Sunny shook her head on that thought. Tiffany just shrugged as she played with her hands lying on the table. Her mind on deep thoughts if she will just go home or stay longer at her best friend’s house. Who now she thinks is kicking her outside of her house indirectly.

 

“I am not kicking you out for Pete’s sake. You know you’re always welcome here but not like this. You get what I’m saying?” Sunny stood up and went on Tiffany’s side. She took a sit beside her and poked her shoulder. Earning no response from the gloomy girl, she playfully pinched Tiffany’s cheek and chuckled, “Go get home Hwang, she must be worried.”

 

 

“I don’t think so.”

 

“I think she is”

 

“She’s not”

 

“She is”

 

“She’s not Sunny.”

 

“She probably is Hwang.”

 

“She’s not and why would she be?”

 

 

“You just took her daughter away! Who the hell won’t get worried?!”

 

 

Tiffany rolled her eyes, admitting Sunny has her point in there, “but I am her mother as well.”

“Yes, you are her mother AS WELL” the shorter girl said emphasizing the last two words. “and that makes her a mother too. This isn’t just all about the two of you. You guys have your chil-”

 

“I don’t lover her…” Tiffany said on her very small voice. “I don’t love her Sunny, so why’d you think I would want to go home?” the shorter girl kept her mum. She had heard Tiffany says that for how many times since her best friend got married five years ago. It was already like a part of Tiffany’s vocabulary. But she thought, who will believe this woman beside her? She thinks… no- she knows.

Sunny knows Tiffany loves her wife all this while.

 

“Just please Hwang, spare me with that.” Sunny said nonchalantly

 

 

 

Few minutes were just a pure silence when Tiffany talked, “Sunny…”

“Uhh?” Sunny saw how Tiffany’s face smiled and frowned, making her think that the latter has another ‘nonsense thing’ to say about. “What is it this time-”

 

“I miss her…”

 

“Miss who?”

 

“Do you think if Sooyeon-”

 

“Just drop it okay?” Sunny abruptly stood up, startling Tiffany who formed a big frown on her face. Sunny then showed her phone to Tiffany, indirectly leaving the recent topic that the girl talked about earlier. “She has been calling me since yesterday.”

“And?” Tiffany asked with her uninterested face who seemingly forgotten what she was just talking.

 

“You know it’s you whom Jiyeon wants-”

“Don’t even mention her name” Tiffany said gritting her teeth. She stood up and went out of the kitchen leaving Sunny, “and tell her we aren’t going home! That’s final!” she continued stomping like a child and went straight to where her sleeping daughter is.

 

“Oh God…” the only words Sunny were able to say as she slumped her body back on her chair with the phone in her hand showing you missed 12 calls from Jiyeon.

 

************

 

“Mommy will come fetch you this lunch alright?” Tiffany said while caressing her daughter’s so innocent face which resembles much of her wife’s features. She mentally scoffed remembering her but maintained her sweet loving smile to her little Miyoung.

“Enn we are going howwm?” Tiffany saw how her daughter’s eyes glitter from the thought an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter