Chapter 12

Unexpected Love [hiatus]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

This is really exhausting!

I eyed the piles of papers organized on my table. I didn’t expect it to be this difficult.
I know I’m done with bunch of works yesterday

 

And now this?


AGAIN?!

 

 

Geez

I won’t finish if I would just look at it for the whole day.

 

I started to look for the paper one by one.

Almost of it are all financial reports of the company. And as the leading company in half of the world, there are lots of reports to look for.

 

As always, the company is really doing well. There was no much loss than what we had the last couple of years.

 

 

 

 

I was busy on my work when I heard knocks on the door.
Then Sulli entered the office.


Yes, I am on Jessica’s office.

I volunteered on Jessica’s position for a while since she isn’t here for the meantime.

Fortunately, Mr. Jung allowed me to do so. But I didn’t know these are what Jessica faces every day. It’s really hard. No doubt, that kid is a prodigy! How come she looks so calm and fierce whenever we visit her here like she’s only doing a piece of candy!

What I am doing wasn’t even at half of what Jessica does!

I think I would have half of my age added once I finished these works!

 

 

I was busy on my thoughts when Sulli handed me another pile of papers!

 

AGAIN as in?!

How would I finish it?!

 

 

 

“What is that Sulli?” I asked her while she gently put down the papers. Those are even more than what I am doing right now.

 

“Uh… another set of reports. Mr. Jung specified for you to finish it this afternoon.” She calmly said like as if it was nothing. Maybe she’s used of giving something like this to Jessica every morning.

But hello?! It’s me.
I think I can’t do this anymore!

 

 

“All of this?” I only mumbled but I think Sulli was able to hear it.  I heard her chuckled and said.

 

“That is what Miss Jung mostly does aside from having meetings and presentations... and attending different kinds of social events.”

 

 

 

 

Yeah… I don’t even attend nor do those presentations but I am totally drained just by doing these.

 

“Yeah… no doubt your boss is one of a kind.” I said merely not talking to her but to myself.

Sulli only nodded and began to walk outside when I stopped and asked her.

 

 

 

“Sulli?”

 

“Yes Miss Kim?”

 

“Is Mr. Jung inside his office?”

 

“No Miss Kim. He’s actually out of town for a business conference.”

 

“Okay. You may go.” Sulli headed out after that.

 

 

The last time I saw Mr. Jung was last month. He is that busy uhh?

I once again looked at the papers.

 

I think I don’t have enough energy to do these things.

I decided to just do it tomorrow. I think they would understand.

 

I picked up the papers and looked for a place to hide it. I really don’t want to see these papers as much as possible. They’re slowly emptying my brain.

I saw a cabinet at near end of the office. I think this cabinet suits these freaking papers.

 

I put down the papers to check the cabinet.

It is locked.

 

How come there’s this cabinet that is the only one locked here?

 

 

 

 

It took me minutes before I remember Jessica only uses one password.

 

Is that what she still uses until now?

 

 

I softly pinned the letters she told me long time ago.

 

“Taengoo! This is the only password I will use kay? You’re the only one who’ll know about it!”

 

 

 

Okay… my heart beats faster than before…
Is it still this?

 

 

Click!

It opened…

 

It opened!

 

She still uses the password.

What does that mean?

 

 

I think I’m having this heart attack a little more from now.

 

Calm down Taeyeon! Just calm down!

 

 

 

I slowly opened the cabinet. It has nothing inside except of our childhood pictures. They were the three of us.

Hyoyeon, Jessica and I.

 

At the left corner, I noticed the red box placed under the pictures. It was slightly out so I was able to see it.

 

It looks so familiar…

 

 

 

 

It wouldn’t harm if I take a look of it right?

I opened the velvet box and it showed me the thing I longed to see before Jessica decided not to give it to me anymore.

 

 

 Flashback 

“Taeyeon? Do you want to play with me?” the girl with her auburn wavy hair asked me. I don’t know what to say. Why doesn’t she just play with Hyoyeon? I barely know her.

And what is she?

Some kind of 5 years old?

Play?

 


She’s even 13. Mr. Jung said I am a year older than her daughter.

 

 

 

“Hyoyeon…” I said as I pointed my cousin playing all by herself. I think she’s dancing or something. She’s actually weird.

 

 

 

“I can’t play with her. She’s just dancing, I don’t dance.” I saw the girl looked down on the floor. Maybe I can just play with her uhh?

 

“What you want play J-jeshika?” I tried to straight my tongue out but still I failed. I’m hardly learning English.

 

I saw her smiled at me. I think that’s the best smile I ever saw. She looks beautiful…
I want to play with her!

And there I started to play with her along since. And I got to know her more. When she’s with us, she always smiles and laughs. She looks so happy that’s why most of the time. I even go all by myself into the Jung’s residence just to make sure she won’t be sad.

Because the saddening part is… she’s totally the opposite when she’s with her father. She barely talks. She only studies like forever.

 

 

 

 

“Sica~~~~” I called her as I entered their house. She’s nowhere to be found. Their house is so big and if I started to look for her at every door. It would take me an hour but I won’t still find her. So I decided to sit on the sofa near and waited for her.

 

After minutes of waiting.

I heard someone called me…

 

 

 

“Psst! Psst! Taengoo”

 


the sounds came from above so I looked up. There I saw Jessica wearing her favorite white dress with highlights of gray.

 

 

 

 

 

“Come here!” Jessica mouthed to me as she is holding a book on her hands.

 

 

I followed her and that led me to her private room. There is a mini library at the very side of it and queen size bed on the opposite. There are only colors of white and gray I can see. And some red ones too.

It was my first time to be here inside her room… because usually we play outside whenever her father is not around.

 

 

 

“Psst Taengoo” she called me once again. I only followed her… again and after I reached her side. I softly smacked her on her head.

 

 

“If you’re father knows about how you call someone. You’ll be reprimanded. That’s kind of rude.” I said to her and Jessica only smiled at me. She’s now 15 years old and of course I am 16.

 

“Oh sorry.” She said and pulled me to sit on her bed.

 

 

 

I saw her picked a red velvet box on her study table and handed it to me.

 

 

 

 

“What is this?” I asked her as I grabbed it.

 

“You open it!” she excitedly said with her eyes sparkling.

 

 

 

 

I opened it and there I saw a beautiful necklace. It has 2 hearts attached with one another. A gold one and a smaller silver one.

 

 

 

“I designed it myself!” she said as she looked at it. She then told me to flip it to see the other side.

 

“You see that?” She pointed the letters engraved at the back.

 

 

 

 

It says TaengSic

 

“What is this?” I asked her once again. I felt my heart on its irregular beating.
What’s happening here?

 

“I want to give this to you… a sign of our friendship! You and Hyo are my bestfriends!”

 

“You gave Hyo like this too?” I asked her but she only shook her head.

 

“Huh? Then why are you giving me this?” I am totally confused. But it really flattered my heart when she told me I am the only one whom she gave this. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“It

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter