Chapter 23

Unexpected Love [hiatus]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Italic on gray font color indicates past (5 years ago)

 

Here we go again ugh 

Jessica thought as her right hand ran through her hair, knowing she’s becoming a little irritated of what is happening right now. She walked nearer to where her wife and daughter is, firm clacking of her heals echoing at the four corners of the room and there, she stopped “Fany~ah” she called with her tone, the usual flat one. Hearing nothing from the woman, she continued “What’s wrong?”

Tiffany didn’t bother turning her head and instead, held little Sooyeon’s hand, gesturing her to go outside and leave Jessica standing there and Jiyeon who is still on the door, not knowing what to do. But she was stopped when Jessica tugged her arm and that Tiffany, not thinking twice- swatted her wife’s hand off of her, harshly.

 

Jessica was stunned, never in her life that she saw how Tiffany acted like this, not again except the time where they broke up on that café five years ago. She sure knows they fight most of the time, but definitely not like this.

The same feeling slowly creep in in her system.

The same feeling when she was there sitting in front of Tiffany five years ago.

 

She suddenly felt scared

 

 

 

Yet, Jessica managed to push away her anxiety and again, “Fany~ah… what is wron-”

“What’s wrong?” Tiffany scoffed repeating Jessica’s question in a much mocking way. But she made sure to not let her daughter hear it. “You’re asking me what is wrong Jessica?” Tiffany again stated, now staring back straightly at her wife. Disbelief was reflected on her tone, it even made Tiffany’s voice go huskier than it already is. Jessica didn’t even do anything but to look at her, she is confused. The hell, she really is.

Tiffany saw how Jessica slightly shook her head and it just worsens how she feels right now.

 

“Mommy, Umma… can we buy ice cream again?” it was Sooyeon who broke the intense stares and brought them back to trance. She held each of her parents’ hands but Tiffany quickly pulled her away from Jessica and casually nodded on her daughter, forcing a thin smile.

Tiffany was ready to go but then Jessica held her arm, this time- tighter. “Tiffa-”

 

“ off Jessica.” Tiffany said in a small voice, but Jessica heard it enough, the rage on her voice which struck her but she chose to not let go not until she saw a lone tear escaped from Tiffany’s once smiling eyes. Her hand unconsciously let go, it stung her heart seeing her wife like this and worst, she doesn’t even know why. “I don’t even want to see your face right now.” That’s the last sentence Jessica heard before she saw Tiffany and Sooyeon walking past by her. She didn’t budge to turn back, all she knows is that stinging thing somewhere inside her.

 

 

Tiffany on the other hand is briskly walking, dragging her daughter with her. She really wants to leave the room right now and forget everything temporarily. But that seems to be out of her grasp when Jiyeon called, “T-tiffany… p-please listen-”

 

“Get lost.” The only words Tiffany said as she purposely bumped her shoulder against Jiyeon’s and successfully leaving the room- which only left Jiyeon and Jessica standing alone.

 

 

 

 

After almost 10 minutes without a single noise, Jiyeon’s trembling voice was heard.

“I’m s-sorry. I’m so sorry Jessica. It was my fault and I-”

“What happened?” Jessica turned to her back and saw Jiyeon having a hard time explaining everything. But to her dismay, she can’t even understand where she’s coming from.

 

“I tried to call her but she wasn’t answering any of it and-”

 

“Just cut it short and tell me what happened!” She firmly stated leaving Jiyeon stopped at once and gulped that invisible lump on .

 

“It w-was…”

 

“What?”

 

“It was th- t-he...”

 

“WAS WHAT PARK JIYEON!”

 

“ItwastheredrosesandtheromanticletteryougavemeandTiffanysawit.”

Jiyeon said all at once while closing her eyes and tightly holding those documents on her chest like her life depends on it. And she continued, “I wasn’t planning to let your wife know and I was about to hide it. I swear!”

Jessica just stood there, showing nothing but her poker face.
 And there, she said with her cold tone…

“Excuse me?”

 

 

“Excuse me?”

It was Yoona who interrupted the two girls talking. They seemed to not notice her presence right there from the start. From the time she and her sister Tiffany arrived in the restaurant 15 minutes ago, she was just sanding right there- watching her sister and the girl who introduced herself as Park Jiyeon interacted.

They didn’t even ask me to sit, the fudge with these people- Yoona annoyingly thought.

 

Yoona purposely coughed this time, “*coughs* Excuse me again?” she also waved her hand between their faces, gradually earning their attentions.

Thank heavens- Yoona thought once again right after she casually pulled the chair and sit.

 

Jiyeon was confusedly looking towards Tiffany, it was like she’s asking who Yoona is and from that. Tiffany frowned, aren’t they best of friends? She thought, having her eye brows more furrowed.

“Where is Miss Jessica Jung?” Yoona sternly asked towards Jiyeon.

 

“Jessica who?” Tiffany asked poking Yoona’s arm. Her younger sister looked back at her, “my bestfriend who was supposed to be here and not *Yoona pointing at Jiyeon* this girl right here.”

“So Park Jiyeon isn’t my…” Tiffany confusedly asked and that made Jiyeon bolted on her seat and laughed a bit, shaking her hands- open palmed, in the process.

 

“Oh no no Miss Hwang. I was sent here.”

 

“Sent by who?” Yoona

 

“I was sent by Jessica.”

 

************

 

Taeyeon didn’t know what to do. She knew today is the D-day where Jessica will have to meet her future wife and truthfully, she didn’t like anything- even a tad bit about it. She likes Jessica… and didn’t she promise that she’ll take her away from that Hwang?

So why now?

 

Taeyeon contemplated whether to ask Jessica or not. She likes her to not attend and meet her… but on the other hand- she was thinking if it’s really the right thing to do.

Will Jessica be happy if she stays with her?
Will Jessica be happy if she doesn’t meet her?

Again?


Would she?

 

 

At least I should know what she feels right now, right?–Taeyeon thought.

 

Taeyeon huffed as she knocked and entered the office, forming a straight face like she wasn’t even bothered earlier.

“Why are you here?” Taeyeon asked, shooting a questioning stare at her friend who was seemingly busy by that time. Jessica- looking for filed papers from time to time. Sure thing Jessica has a lot to face when she missed almost three months of work and now she has to deal with it.

Jessica laughed a bit, “It’s my office, shouldn’t it be me asking you that?” not bothering to look away from her work.

“Isn’t it today that you have to meet err... her?” She saw Jessica grabbed a certain paper from her drawer and signed something on it. After that, she went to check another drawer and another one, and one and the next one- okay, she knew Jessica wasn’t listening.

“Sica did you hear me? It’s today that you gotta meet your fianc-”

 

“Taengoo where are the reports for the last month’s check? Sulli told me you ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter