Chapter 16

Unexpected Love [hiatus]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Hey” the girl entered the room carrying a tray of food. It’s her nth time doing it and it seems that she’s not getting tired of it. She then closed the door using her foot. She stopped for a while, disappointment and pity struck her at the same time, as she saw her best friend still on her position as if she didn’t move even a bit since she got there.

The girl decided to approach her again, thinking that she will accept the food this time. She walked near to her, but the other girl didn’t seem to notice her presence, as if she didn’t see her coming.

 

The girl sighed once again as she put down the tray beside the girl who’s sitting on the floor, leaning her back on the bed. She only copied her best friend’s position and sat there for almost 5 minutes without uttering any word.

 

 

 

After the long silence between the two, the girl decided to talk… wishing her best friend will respond this time.

 

“Hey…” she said as she tapped the other girl on her shoulder, but still… there’s no response. “I cooked the food this time.” she continued, pulling the tray in front of the other girl for her to see. “You said you want to try my master piece right? So here it is, but I am disappointed right now cause you ignore it.” She said, pouting, making the atmosphere a little lighter but it seemed not to work. The girl beside her is only pinning her eyes on the floor, where the food is placed but still, she doesn’t do anything about it.

 

Because of that, she decided to put aside the food she cooked. It won’t matter to her best friend anyway. It’s been days since her best friend acts like that, from the day she got back. She does all the same, she would only sit on the floor, she doesn’t eat and that makes her worry more. Fortunately, she stopped crying, but her eyes are still swollen. She knows it’s not her old best friend anymore; she changed… things about her changed.

 

 

 

 

“How long will you keep doing these? Huh?” it was only a whisper from her, but she knows her best friend is able to hear every word. She’s only beside her anyway. And just like before, it’s like she’s only talking to herself. She smirked to herself, she was annoyed at the same time. She has to wake the girl from her craziness. It won’t do anything good.

 

“Answer me.” she continued but her voice was firm this time. She looked at the mum girl beside her, and she noticed her best friend is starting to tremble… meaning, she’s about to cry again.

 

She abruptly stood up as she faced her friend who was still sitting on the floor, trembling. Without warning, she pulled her up by grabbing both of her arms. It was not hard for her since the other girl started to lose weight even at a short period of time. Who wouldn’t get drained by not taking in food anyway?

As she pulled her up, next thing she did is to push her hard on the bed. Thinking she would gain some reactions from her. But the thing is- the other girl seemed not to snap out from her own little world. She just stared at the ceiling as her tears began to slide down.

 

 

 

“How long will you keep doing these Tiffany?!” the girl yelled out. She can’t take the fact that the Tiffany whom she knew is gone. What Tiffany she sees right now is the weak one, the good for nothing one. Still no response, she grabbed her in her collar, tightening her grip on it. She was about to scold her more but seeing her best friend in this rare state, a tear escaped from her eye and that’s when she let go of Tiffany. She won’t show her best friend that she cries too, it will only make her feel worse to herself.

She wiped her tear away when she regained her composure. And there she continued, “What are you doing to yourself T-tiff?” she asked, pinning her eyes on the bed where Tiffany is. “Do you think things will get better if you act like that? Huh?” she only talked for the time being, hoping what she says will hit Tiffany straight in her mind. “T-tiff… y-you… you have to be strong. I understand how you feel-”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“How can you understand? Uhhh? Tell me, how can you understand?!” it was Tiffany who suddenly snapped out. Cutting what her best friend is telling her. “You know nothing Sunny! YOU KNOW NOTHING!” Tiffany kept on her rant, she was yelling at her loudest voice. Maybe because of not talking for days, she’s only able to burst out now what she feels inside.

 

Sunny was only there, staring straight on her eyes. Giving Tiffany the time to express everything. She saw how Tiffany was trying to control her anger, her fists crumpled on the bed sheet while giving her the death glares. “Y-you know n-nothing… ” Tiffany stared down at the bed as her tears dared to fall once again. “Don’t tell me what to do… you’re only my friend so you don’t have any fvking right to tell me what to do!”

 

 

 

 

Sunny was taken aback by the harsh words Tiff has said to her. It was the very first time Tiffany yelled at her, and yet she understands because she knows she’s in pain. But still, those words pierced inside of her. “Yeah you’re right. I know nothing. I don’t know anything of what you feel. I’m just a friend.” Sunny let a tear fall from her. And then she turned around ready to go outside, maybe it’s not the right time to talk to her, they’re both emotional especially Tiffany and it will only lead them into no good.

 

“Just call the maid when you need anything.” Sunny uttered as she was about to pull the door open and that’s when she heard Tiffany whimpered then murmured. “I l-love her Sunny~ah… s-so much.” Sunny stayed on her position, waiting for Tiffany to say more but she only heard her soft cries echoing inside the room. She slowly closed the door and walked back to Tiffany, feeling guilty of not being that sensitive to what Tiffany feels. She saw her best friend now sitting at the edge of the bed, soaking her white jersey jacket with her continuous flow of tears. She sat beside her as she caresses Tiffany’s back to sooth her in any way.

 

 

“I’m sorry Tiff. I am sorry.” She gently pulled Tiffany’s head to lean on her shoulder, “just cry it all out Tiff… I’m here, I’m always here…” she felt Tiffany enveloped her in a tight embrace and buried her face on her chest, muffling her sobs. They stayed like that for a long time, until Tiffany broke their silence.

 

“I h-hurt her S-sunny. I hurt h-her… she cried because of m-me… It was all my fault.” Tiffany uttered, her eyes glued on the floor. Sunny decided to listen on everything Tiffany will say. She stayed silent as Tiff continued to talk. “I love her Sunny… I love her more than everything but I chose to break her.” Tiffany laughed silently with her tears still falling down. “I’m the worst person alive Sunny. I’m the w-worst. I should’ve listened to you, if I didn’t pursue everything with her, she wouldn’t get hurt. But I didn’t Sunny… I d-din’t.” Tiffany cried again. “Or maybe, i-if I… if I just listened to you and Yoona in the first place, she wouldn’t get to meet me. Everything won’t be like t-this… it w-won’t be.”

 

 

 

 

 

“No one knows it’s going to be like this. No one knows Tiff so don’t ever blame yourself, it just that, things got in the way. It was all unexpected Tiff. So please, don’t be like this…”

 

 

 

 Tiffany’s POV 

 

I love Sooyeon… very much

She’s everything to me

 

I…
 

 

I need her.

She’s everything I need… but what did I do?

 

I ruined everything… I ruined her.

“I h-hurt her S-sunny. I hurt h-her… she cried because of m-me… It was all my fault. I love her Sunny… I love her more than everything but I chose to break her. I’m the worst person alive Sunny. I’m the w-worst. I should’ve listened to you, if I didn’t pursue everything with her, she wouldn’t get hurt. But I didn’t Sunny… I d-din’t. Or maybe, i-if I… if I just listened to you and Yoona in the first place, she wouldn’t get to meet me. Everything won’t be like t-this… it w-won’t be.”

 

 

I should’ve listened to them…

If I were not that stubborn way back then

If I were just not…

Sooyeon-

 

“No one knows it’s going to be like this. No one knows Tiff so don’t ever blame yourself, it just that, things got in the way. It was all unexpected Tiff. So please, don’t be like this…” I heard Sunny said… but no, she’s wrong. It’s all because of me…

 

 

“It’s me Sunny… everything is my fault.”

 

 

 

 

 

 *Flashback* 

 

“O-oppa… don’t leave us. Op-oppa… no- you can’t do this to u-us.”

 

“Steph… you’re the strongest one in our family. Always look after with Mom and Yoona while I’m gone, you u-understand?”

 

“No Oppa! I don’t understand. You can’t leave us. You’ll be back right? I-i… I will wait…we will w-wait for you.”

 

“You’ll understand it sooner or later S-steph… I know you’re a smart kid.”

 

“O-oppa…”

 

“Steph… please promise me… t-the c-company. It’s the only thing we got from D-dad. Can you promise me to look for our c-company?”

 

“Oppa… company? Are you really talking about the company right now?! Oppa you-”

 

“Please Steph… can you promise me?”

 

“…”

 

“It’s the only thing we got… it’s Daddy’s gift to us, to you, to Yoona. Stephanie…”

 

“I p-promise Oppa, our f-family and the company will be my first priority. I p-promise. Please Oppa… comeback to us.”

 

“Thank you Steph… t-thank you. Pinky promise?”

 

“P-pinky promise.”

 

“Be happy S-steph. Please be happy.”

 

 

************

 

 

I manage to run the company at the age of 15 but since there are more things to learn even at the slightest detail. I decided to study abroad and learn everything that will help me foster our company, the Hwang Empire.

 

I thought Oppa will comeback… silly me. My older brother died because of leukemia. He only said it to us when he was already on its terminal stage. We should’ve learned it from the beginning. I should’ve…

And my promise… I will fulfill it whatever it takes. It’s the only thing we got from my brother and father… the only memory we have with them, the Hwang Empire. I promise to take good care of it. Everything that concerns with it.

 

 

My uncle was the one who ran the company while I was away for 3 years. I went to every country just to learn something essential for the business and I think, I did well. And now that I’m back… I’m ready to take my responsibility.

 

 

 

 

“Mr. Hwang, these are the files you’re looking for.” I heard his assistant said as I entered the office. Uncle diverted his eyes to me and that when he dismissed his assistant.

 

“Finally Stephanie, you came back. How long has it been?” Uncle smiled at me and I just smiled back of course. He resembles my Dad in some features, he is his younger brother.

 

 

 

“Yeah good to be back. Actually I was here since last 2 months?” I only chuckled as I saw his expression turned to a surprise one.

 

“Why didn’t you tell me?” he asked me with his face still surprised. “Nah~ I’m already here so what’s up Mr. Hwang?” I said, uncle only shrugged with me while grinning. I came here since Yoona told me so.

That brat, I remember I have to fetch her from her photoshoot after this meeting.

 

 

 

Uncle looked at me with his business look. Now what?


“Have Yoona told you anything?”

 

“Told me what?” That brat knows something?

 

“It’s about Leo.”

About Leo oppa? What about my brother?

Don’t tell me he came back?

 

Aish Tiffany… seriously. No time for jokes.

What about Leo oppa?

 

 

 

“What about him?”

 

“You know… before he left. He’s set to a contract and I’m afraid we have to fulfill it.” He said with his arms crossed on his chest.

 

Contract?

 

But I promised Oppa I will take the company into good no matter what it takes.

So…

 

 

 

 

“I’ll do it. What’s with the contract?”

 

Uncle looked at me in a serious one and then he opened his drawer. He picked up a piece of paper and handed it to me.

Okay… the contract says-

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

m-marriage?

Seriously?

 

 

 

 

“It’s a year from now. Either you or Yoona has to be the one to fulfill it.”

Yoona?!
She will only be 17 by that time!

 

And that brat knows nothing about the real world!

She doesn’t even know how to use proper apostrophe!

 

Sh*t. Just think of it Tiffany, it’s for the company.

For the Hwang Empire

 

 

 

 

“I… I’ll do it.”

 

************

 

 

“Hey! Did Mr. Hwang already tell you?!” It was Yoona who kept on asking me since I got here in their photoshoot. This brat is annoying, like seriously. I really want to go home now, that marriage is still not sinking properly ahead of me.

“Yah! Tiffany!” Yoona whined like a baby. Does she think it looks cute? Eeeeewww

 

 

 

“He did okay? Will you please shut up Hwang Yoon-” she covered my mouth using her hands, yes both of her hands covering my pretty mouth, muffling my sentence.

 

“Don’t call me that, it’s Im Yoona. IM Yoona.” She said emphasizing the word Im as she looked at our surroundings, finding if anyone heard us.

To tell the truth, she doesn’t want anyone to know her as a Hwang. She wants to be an independent, she always think that if anyone got to know her real identity, they will see her as a spoiled brat who gets to have everything she wants from only a snap of her fingers. And to think of it, I am proud of my younger sister^^

 

 

“Im? Seriously you dummy.” I uttered as I freed from her hands.

To tell you guys something about that epic ‘Im’. Yoona is a real dummy one. There’s this paper she has to fill out which she has to sign her name. And because she doesn’t use Hwang as part of her name, she instead wrote “I’m Yoona” to make her name longer than it usually is. And as a dummy she is, she didn’t use apostrophe in it. Now you know ‘The Tale of Im Yoona.’

 

 

“Aish… here we are again with the apostrophes. I don’t care about that, we have are own lives and we just have to move on!” Yoona said at me.

Own lives? Move on? This brat!

 

“Now back to the business. Did you accept it?” Yoona continued, referring to the marriage thingy. She looked at me in a pleasing one. Something like she’s expecting something specific for my answer.

 

“You agreed on it?” Yoona asked again after gaining no response from me. I only nodded at her twice.

 

 

 

“You did?!” Okay… what was that? Yoona yelled in a frustrated tone.

 

 

“Then what do you want me to say? That I didn’t accept it so you’ll be the one who’ll marry someone out there you don’t even know what the face-” okay… she cut me off.

 

“Of course I know who it is! Aish, you should’ve let me fulfill the contract. Aish… that’s my opportunity!” Yoona whined at me, tamping her feet on the ground.

 

“You know him?”

 

 

 

 

 

“Yes and FYI, it’s not a he. It’s a she.” Yoona said correcting me, rolling her eyes. Sometimes, I regret on why I spoiled her that much.

Aish, I want to hit her straight on the face, seriously.

 

I look

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter