Chapter 3

Unexpected Love [hiatus]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 Jessica’s POV 

It’s almost a week since I got here in Korea. The first day I spent here was like hell. I didn’t know where to go after I got out of that freaking airport.

 

Luckily, that ahjumma… 

aish never mind.

 

 

I was so hungry that day but I was not able to eat any Korean food. I’m not used to it anyways. And just my luck, I found this Quick Stop which sells American goods which also led me to this house… no scratch that, this so small apartment which costs me with a cheap amount.

 

It’s my very first time to see such like this, I didn’t think an individual can live with this but as I live here for almost a week, I got used to it. Well… it’s not that bad after all.

My ‘mini apartment’ is… yeah, pretty good for 1 person. Once you go in, a couch good for 2 persons facing the right side will greet you and in front of it is a table which stands as the TV holder. My landlady said that the past occupant left this black and white TV here. At least, I have something to do here. And after that ‘living room’, there’s an antic cabinet which stores my kitchen utensils and such. At the back of this cabinet is my kitchen. There’s a single stove over there which I haven’t use until now because I don’t know how to and a sink. No dining table, so most of the time, I eat my instant foods either on the couch or in my room which is located at the left corner of this apartment. Luckily, I have the comfort room inside. It’s just that… it takes me like an hour to fill the bucket full of water. And there’s no heater…

I did not expect it to be this hard but as what I said to Taengoo.
I learned to cope up eventually.

 

And because my Korean Wons is starting to leave me day by day, I decided to work on this SoNyuhGen Café every weekend at 6 to 10 PM. It’s also my landlady’s property so it was easy for me to get the job. I will just sing 3-5 songs within my working hours.

I got this from my Mom, the singing ability and I think… Father doesn’t even know that thing about me. He doesn’t give his attention to me anyways.

 

 

So back with my new life, I enrolled in this SoShi University. I took Fashion and Designs.

 

Just what I have dreamed of

 

But the thing is, I’m 2 weeks late with it so I was only able to get my minor subjects.

How lucky.

But they said, after a month, I will be able to get my course subjects and work with my thing, so a little more patience won’t hurt.

 

 

I checked myself in the mirror.
I tied my hair up into a pony tail and wear my black framed eyeglasses. I’m wearing a light pink skinny jeans… uhm I don’t think it’s fashionable… right?

Ugh… no choice here, I have no other left besides colored jeans.
And as my top outfit, I chose this gray hoodie with a white shirt beneath. I finished my look wearing gray converse shoes with also a gray JanSport bag.

So I’m done… strange. It feels comfortable.

 

 

Any ways… it’s my first day at the university.
No need to be nervous… there would only be a bunch of people I don’t know.

Errr… yeah, I’m nervous… aish

 

 

“Break a leg Jessica! Oh… scratch that, Sooyeon~ah hwaiting!”

 

 

 

 Someone’s POV 

Lots of students are on their way to their respective rooms. Some of them are in the corner, chatting with their friends and laughing. There are students near in a secluded place which is the cafeteria eating early in the morning. At the hallway, there are people tugging and running to chase one another. And a group of students in a stadium is busy singing random songs while the rest of them are dancing nonstop.

Everyone is busy on their own thing while in the opposite side of the hallway, some girl who is none other than Jessica is busy looking at every corner of the campus eyeing different students.

 

What type of university is this? Bunch of kids-  Jessica

 

 

 

As Jessica looked back in her piece of paper showing her schedule, she turned her gaze at the tallest building she saw. It has a banner on top of it written Academic Building. It is a 10 story building which consists of 20 rooms on each floor.

Where the hell is this Room 205? I might as well ask someone here.- Jessica

 

 

 

Jessica saw a young girl sitting near the stairs. She decided to ask her. Jessica walked near to the girl.

 

“Excuse me Miss, do you know where the Room 205 is?” Jessica asked the girl in front of her. The girl looks too young for college but Jessica just wiped her thoughts away.

 

“Second floor, right side.” the girl said shortly.

“Kamsahamnida” Jessica said as she bowed and head up to her location.

 

 

“New student?” the young girl mumbled as she saw Jessica heading to the 2nd floor.

 

************

 

 

 

“Okay guys, listen. You’ll have your new classmate here in class. So please be quiet, so you’ll hear her introduce herself.” the professor in front said as he stopped his students making unnecessary noises.

 

Jessica was nervous deep inside. It’s her first time she’ll introduce herself, because way back in America, everyone knows her, so introduction was not her thing.

She saw her ‘classmates’ looking in their teacher with bored expressions. That thing she doesn’t know why. She slowly made her way beside the professor who’s called Prof Joe and that made students notice her.

 

 

“Please introduce yourself and in English please, since it’s an English Class.” Prof Joe said to Jessica which made other students stare at her more.

English Class? What is this? Elementary school? I think I made the wrong choice of university – Jessica thought.

 

 

 

“Mianhaeyo Seonsaengnim, I-I can’t speak E-english.” Jessica said with her head down. Noticing that some of her classmates begin to do something and not actually giving attention in front.

 

 

“Okay then, just introduce yourself.”

 

“Annyeonghaseyo, nanuhn Kang Sooyeon-imnida.” Jessica bowed 90 degrees and is ready to make her way to her seat Prof Joe will tell her to go.

She saw two seats that are available at the back on the left corner of the room. A petite and skinny girl is sitting in between of it.

 

 

“Sooyeon-sii, you may sit beside Sooyoung-ssi. Miss Choi, please raise your hand.” Prof Joe said as he handed out a marker and started writing some sentences on the white board.

 

The petite girl that Jessica noticed earlier raised her hand. Jessica quickly walked near her and was ready to sit at Sooyoung’s right side when the latter stopped her and pointed the empty chair on the left side near the window.

 

 

“Ooops Miss, you may sit here. My friend got that already.” Sooyoung said politely so Jessica turned to her right and seated on the empty chair.

 

As Jessica is finally on her seat, Sooyoung again talked to her.

 

 

 

“Hi! Even though that bald man already told my name, I will still introduce myself to you. Annyeong, I’m Choi Sooyoung and you’re Kang Sooyeon right?” Sooyoung whispered slowly, afraid to be heard by their professor.

 

“Ah nae… Sooyoung-sii. Nice to meet you.” Jessica politely answered and turned her gaze back at their professor who’s still writing random words.

 

Jessica is starting to get bored, not that she’s being her usual type of Jessica but she noticed that every single student has their own world. There are some who’s texting under the chair trying to look attentive in class, some are facing book right at their faces but eyes are closed behind of it, and a lot more.

 

What kind of class is this?-  Jessica thought but was interrupted again by Sooyoung who’s besides her. It seems like Sooyong understood her thoughts just by looking at her face.

 

 

 

“You noticed it right. That’s kind of usual here, everyone here doesn’t give attention to class because it’s English like hello? Everyone here can’t speak English… well, except for Miyou-”

“Miss Choi, might as well tell your story in the class. Looks like it’s interesting.” Prof Joe said in a disgusting tone as he saw Sooyoung mumbling at the back lowering her head near Jessica’s side.

 

 

“Errr… it’s n-nothing Prof Joe. I was just-” Sooyoung was interrupted when the professor talked again.

 

“Stand up Miss Choi.”

 

 

 

Sooyoung slowly stood up with her face flustering red, knowing that her professor will ask her about their lesson. Sooyung silently prayed about it.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter