Onkey ♪(*^^)o∀*∀o(^^*)♪

Prompt Game Drabbles

The moment he sees him he doesn’t know what to do. It’s been years, and yet the older man looks just as he did. The only difference is the small boy hooked to his hip. The man’s hair is shorter than before, but there was no doubt that he was Jinki.

 

He hadn’t noticed him yet, and he really didn’t know if he should leave before the man could. Jinki was at the back of the line, gently playing with the baby in his arms stomach. The baby had a smile on his face, and if he listened hard enough he could hear Jinki’s warm voice as he talked to him. He knew that he should just turn and walk back out the door and play like he never saw the man because Jinki looked happy, and the way they ended was everything but that. He knew this, but something was pulling him toward that line and that man before he could even think of stopping himself. 

 

The baby boy was adorable, and he could tell that it wasn’t just one he was babysitting. The baby was his son, just by looking at him he knew Jinki had moved on. Before he could turn around and leave he felt a small tug on his glasses, and he looked over to see the boy holding them in his small chubby hand.

 

"Taemin don’t do that!" He heard Jinki scold, reaching with those prefect fingers to take the boys hand from the glasses and hand them to the owner.If he could go back and not see that pained recognition in his eyes he would. "Kibum?"

 

A small sad smile tugged at the corners of his mouth. “Hey Jinki.”

 

The little boy took that time to take the glasses from his father and gently chew on them. “What.. how are you?”

 

"I’m fine. I think I’m going to get going though. Have a good day." Kibum smiled and motioned toward the little boy. "And he can keep them. They’ll look better on him anyway.

 

Jinki looked down at his son and frowned, “At least let me give you something for them.”

 

Kibum smiled sadly, “I’m just giving them back to you Jinki.”

 

As he watched his first love walk away it clicked in his mind. He had given Kibum the glasses when they moved in together so many years ago. Jinki had been sure the man had thrown them away after their explosive fight some 3 years ago, but he hadn’t.

 

Kibum was waiting at the corner of the street waiting for the walk signal to flash when he heard it.

 

"Kibum wait!" At first he thought he was imagining it, but there it was again. "Please Bummie wait." He turned to see Jinki standing there with pained filled eyes. 

 

"Jinki…?"

 

"You kept them?"

 

"What?"

 

"You kept them." This time it wasn’t a question. The small boy in the man’s arms was staring at him with wide eyes, the pair of sunglasses held in his tiny chubby hands.

 

"Of course I did. They were the first thing you gave me when we started our life together."

 

Jinki closed his eyes and took a deep breath before opening them again. ‘I miss you.” Kibum looked toward the baby boy, his eyes questioning. “You left me Bummie. You wanted to go to London, and you were the one that hated it when my boss wouldn’t transfer me there. We were in the middle of having a child, and I wasn’t just going to give up my desire to have a baby of my own. I wanted to have one with you, but you wanted bigger and better things than what little old me could give you.”

 

"No. I wanted you to demand I stay. I wanted you to say you needed me Jinki. Not just give up and tell me to go." Kibum sighed, rubbing his eyes and flashing them up at the man. They were in the middle of a busy sidewalk, but that didn’t matter to him. "I wanted you to fight for me."

 

He moved to wipe the tears that had begun to fall, but another hand beat him to it. He looked up to see Jinki close, eyes soft and worried, silent tears falling too. “I’m sorry I didn’t fight for you, but let me make it up to you.” A moment later Jinki was pressing his plush lips against his cheekbone, and pressing a business card into his hand. “If you go home and realize you miss me being there. If you go home and realize you want a family with me, then call me. If you want to be with me, I am willing to spend the rest of my life making it up to you for not fighting for you all those years ago.”

 

He let go of his hand and smiled, before turning and walking away. It was only then he noticed the small purple flower pressed between his fingers.