♪( ´▽`) onho

Prompt Game Drabbles

Based off of SHINee's hit me

 

It’s colder in the morning than normal. He reaches out, wanting that warmth next to him, but there’s no one to embrace. He doesn’t even open his eyes because he knows His side of the bed is still unused. His pillow isn’t folded a weird way because he needs enough support to be happy. The blanket isn’t haphazardly thrown over long limbs that never are in the same position they were when they feel asleep the night before. It’s too quiet, too cold, and he hates it.

 

But he has no one to blame but himself. He reaches and checks his phone, but he knows there aren’t any messages or missed calls. That little light isn’t blinking blue. He pushes himself up and shuffles out of the room. Maybe he came home and is in the living room, but he’s not. He’s with his best friend because his boyfriend hurt him too much

 

There’s a note on the refrigerator, one from yesterday morning before all this happened. Make sure to eat Baby. Remember tonight’s movie night, so stop and gets some popcorn and milk okay? Love you ~ Minnie

 

He sighed and pulled out the carton of milk, and made a face as he spat it out once he realized it was sour. Oh right. He never got milk. He replaced the carton and slammed the door close. Why did he accept that stupid invitation? He should have known that the woman had alternative motives, but no. He went to dinner think it was all about work and skipped the only night both of them really ever had off for one another. It wasn’t even that, but the awful things he said once he got home to an upset boyfriend. Why did he say them? Pride he assumed. The younger man had every right to be upset with him, but that didn’t mean anything to him as he said those words that visibly cut the man as they were said. 

 

The words I’m sorry I care, and I’ll be at Jonghyun’s ran through his mind on replay as he sat on their couch and stared at his phone on the coffee table before him. A table that still sat the popcorn and drinks with the funny curly straws the younger man got a kick out of using. Again it was pride that was keeping him from picking that phone up and calling. Maybe he believed the man would come running back and apologize, but he had nothing to apologize for. They weren’t going to break up were they? He didn’t know if he could handle not having the man to come home to every day.

 

He finally couldn’t take it anymore. He needed the other man, more than anything, and he wasn’t going to allow his pride to ruin the best thing in his life. He knew the other man probably wouldn’t answer, but he called anyways. It was answered but there was silence on the other end.

 

He took a deep breath as his eyes squeezed shut. “I know you’re there Baby, I know because I can hear your breathing. I’m sorry. I’m sorry that I came home later without calling you. I’m sorry I said you were stupid for being upset and worried. I’m sorry for being such an idiot, but I need you Baby.” He cursed his voice for cracking, but he continued, “Hit me all you want, but please come home. Come home and punch me in the chest all you want but don’t be mad at me anymore. Please Baby.”

 

He heard the sniffle, the in of harsh breath and his heart ached. “Talk to me. Please talk to me Minho.”

 

It took a moment, but the younger man’s deep soft voice could be heard. “I’m sorry Jinki. I’m coming home.” The line went dead, and even though he could hear how raw the man’s throat sounded like he had cried all night hurt his heart, he was happy. Because he was coming home, even if it was just to hit him, at least Minho would feel better. 

 

And he  would be where he belonged. In his arms.