(_ _).。o○ Ontae

Prompt Game Drabbles

When the familiar car pulls up in front of his school Taemin is bounding down the front steps with a huge smile on his face. The door is pushed open and he slips in, smiling over at the driver, but something was off. The man's smile wasn't as radiant, wasn't as bright and happy like normal. It had been weeks since they had seen each other because of the older man's cramming of exams. Christmas break was almost here and they would have 2 weeks just for themselves, but the man didn't seem as happy to see him as he was.

 

"Jinki are you alright?" He asked worriedly as he reached for the man's hand, but the hand was pulled away before he could grab it.

 

Jinki flashed a smile and moved to put the car into gear. "I'm just fine. Let's go get something to eat before we go to lake."

 

He hummed and sat back in his seat, tapping his phone on his leg and looking out the window. He only spoke again to answer what he wanted to eat, and again to say thank you as he held the bags in his lap. When they pulled up to their usual spot Jinki put the car in park, and turned the key. He glanced over at the younger man but said nothing as his food was handed to him and they began to eat.

 

"How was school?" Jinki asked quietly.

 

"Same as it always is." Taemin flashed his eyes over at him. "Boring."

 

"Just wait until next year. Exams are a ." 

 

"How did you do on them?" Jinki sighed, and Taemin could sense it wasn't about his college finals. "Baby what's wrong?"

 

"I'm tired."

 

"Well you should be. Finals must have taken it out of you."

 

But Jinki was shaking his head slowly as he looked at his hands that were clasped in his lap. "I'm tired of hiding you."

 

Taemin frowned. "It's only for a couple more months."

 

"You deserve to be taken out on the town, shown off. I can't do that because of how ing old I am."

 

"Jinki I love you. I don't care about that."

 

"But I do. I do. I think and think about how I can't take you home to meet my parents over Christmas. I'm just a friend to your parents, when you are my life Taemin. You just.. you don't understand." 

 

But he did. He understood perfectly. Taemin reached out, and Jinki felt the familiar fingers push through his slighty clentched ones, as his hand melded against his own. "I love you Jinki. You may be an old man but you are my old man. I'm tired too. I'm tired of having to explain, when I shouldn't have to. I'm tired of having to sneak off to be with you, and not being able to do what I want with you. I'm tired too, but this, us, is enough for me until I turn 18."

 

Jinki looked over at him and a small smile formed on his lips. Taemin gently squeezed his hand, and smiled back. "I love you."

 

Taemin unbuckled his seat belt, sat on his knees and leaned over to softly kiss the older man. "Love you too Mr senior citizen."

 

And he didn't even mind it when Jinki pinched his side.