*** OnTae ♪(*^^)o∀*∀o(^^*)♪

Prompt Game Drabbles

So warning. There is a huge difference in age, and previous teacher/student relationship. so read at your own desire!

 

Seeing her now was something entirely different. Short hair curled around her face, lips painted red, and so much older than the last time he had seen her. Maybe he should stop waiting in line for the book. Maybe he should just turn and walk away, but she was still so damn beautiful. He had known her as a Lee, but the book in his hands was under the name of Park. Had she gotten married? No, no that’s not it, because the author’s first name is different from hers. Question’s swirled around his head. Should he wait to get the book signed? That would just bring up a past that should stay in the past. Just because she was legal now didn’t mean that a relationship would work between them anymore than it had before when he was her teacher.

 

 

But his feet were glued to where he was standing, and when the line moved he wasn’t moving toward the door. More and more people were finishing getting their book signed and leaving, which meant he was getting closer to her. He hadn’t expected to see her here. Last he knew she was packing and getting ready to go to college to be a dancer, but that had been 10 years ago. A lot of things could change in a decade, and he knew just by looking at her the statement was true.

 

He found himself looking over the shoulder of the last person in front of him at her. Her lashes were long, fluttering against her pale cheeks as she laughed at something the man before him sad. She was smiling, signing her name on the inside cover with a little message, and before he knew it the man was leaving and it was his turn.

 

Her head slowly lifted, the soft brown curls falling back into place as her eyes locked with his own, and the smile that was on her face slowly fell. Her voice was just as he remembered, and he enjoyed it a little more than he should have. “Mr. Lee?”

 

He forced a smile as he shook his bangs out of his face. “I’m pretty sure you can call me by my first name now Taeyeon.”

 

"I.. uh.. what are you doing here?"

 

He swallowed thickly before placing the book before her. “What every one else here in this line is here for.”

 

"I.. okay." She slowly reached for the book and gently opened the cover of the hardback. "Do you want it to Jinki Mr.. I mean Jinki?"

 

That smile was a little more free coming, “Yes please.”

 

It seemed like she was writing forever, but he couldn’t read it from where he was standing. A moment later she was closing the cover and handing it over with a small smile. “I hope you enjoy it Jinki.”

 

"It was nice seeing you Taeyeon." He said quietly before walking from the table. He didn’t know if he was imagining it of not, but he could swear he felt her eyes on him until he rounded the corner. He really wanted to know what she had to say, but he knew that he didn’t have the heart to do it just yet. He had too much to do. Grading of exams, and grades to put online. He even had to post the assignment for the online class he taught. He went to get a cup of coffee before walking toward his apartment. It being so close to this area of town was one of the reasons he wanted the place, so not even 20 minutes later he was walking toward the elevator and pushing the button for his floor.

 

Maybe he was pathetic. He was almost 40 . Still not married, and no serious girlfriend in sight for years. He had been in love with Taeyeon, even though it was wrong for him to do so. He had been her teacher, someone that was supposed to look out for her well being and took advantage of her. He knew that it was wrong when it happened, but she had looked at him with those eyes of her and whispered she loved him too and he had been gone after that. It was only when she had a pregnancy scare that he finally snapped out of it. It was at the end of her junior year that he had left after breaking her heart, but it had been the right thing to do.

 

But he hadn’t believed it fully then, and he still didn’t now. He sighed and placed the book on the table before him before grabbing the remote and turning some movie on. It was 3 in the afternoon. He shouldn’t be drinking coffee and he shouldn’t be thinking about the girl he had fallen in love with a decade ago. Not even that. A girl that loving her had been considered illegal to begin with.

 

He sighed as he turned off the tv and moved to the kitchen table to grade. He didn’t stop until his stomach grumbled and he looked up to see the time 8:43 blinking in blue numbers on the microwave in the kitchen. Before he made it to go get food though he glanced in the living room where the book was still sitting where he left it. He knew he shouldn’t open that book and read what she said, but he did it anyway.

 

To Jinki,
            You look good. The salt and pepper hair suits you. I don’t know if you’ve forgotten about me or what we did or had, but I haven’t. You’re always on my mind. From the moment you gave in to me, to the moment you said I loved you for the first time. It was wrong then, and when you ended it I never really understood it until I grew up. It’s what I needed to do. I had gotten over you. Forgotten how lost I was when you ended it and disappeared. I know that is a lie. I also know that seeing you today opened memories back open. I’ll have to lock those away again, but I wouldn’t mind making new ones. If you feel the same way, call me. It’s still the same number as before.

 

He knew he shouldn’t still have her number from so long ago still saved in his phone; especially given the fact he had gone through multiple cell phones since he had last contacted her but he also knew he needed her in his life. So when he pushed call he didn’t feel how fast his heart was beating, or take notice of how sweaty his palms were.

 

He just cared about how she said his name when she answered. "Jinki~"