Onkey Reunion continuation

Prompt Game Drabbles

Continuation of Chapter 8

 

Saying he was nervous was an understatement. His stomach was in knots and his palms were so sweaty he was pretty sure the bag he was holding was going to slip right off his fingers. The big oak door loomed before him. Behind it was the life he gave up and had been given the chance to get back. Behind it was Jinki and little Taemin. It was the only thing that seperated him from seeing the little baby boy.  For weeks he had been texting Jinki, trying to get to know him again, learn the differences and try to earn his trust back. Not once had he seen the man's son. Every time they went out for coffee, or to lunch as friends Jinki would drop the boy off at his mother's before arriving to eat with him. His reasoning was he didn't want Taemin to get attached before he knew this would work long term, and Kibum had understood. 

 

But now 2 months after they had run into each other and had been talking non stop after he had finally got the courage to call the number on the card the man had given him Jinki had finally invited him over to the apartment. Taemin would be there he had said. Kibum had almost freaked out at the mention of it. He knew how big of a deal this was. Taemin was Jinki's world, and he knew that the man would do anything for him. His son came first, even before his own heart. This had to go well, or the feelings that threatened to burst out of his chest every time he saw or heard from JInki wouldn't matter at all.

 

He closed his eyes and took a deep breath; his fingers tightening their grip on the blue paper bag that held the present for the baby. No matter how much he willed the unsettling feeling in his stomach to go down his body wouldn't listen. He was just about to raise his hand to knock when the door was pull open. Jinki stood there holding Taemin, eyes wide as he took in the man standing before him.

 

"Oh! Kibum!"

 

"Uh, am I early or?" Kibum forced out. His eyes darted from the man to the baby in his arms.

 

"No no no. You're perfectly on time. I just forgot Taemin's binky in the car." Jinki bit his lip for a moment before stepping aside, "Why don't you come in?"

 

Kibum nodded. He was vaguely aware of the door closing behind the man. He sat the bag on the table and turned awkwardly toward Jinki. "I brought something for Taemin."

 

"You didn't have to." 

 

Kibum smiled, "I know." He leaned forward and pulled out the stuffed bunny. He didn't know to hand it to the baby or the man, so he just ripped the tag off to busy himself.

 

Then a soft whimper could be heard, and both men looked to the baby. Jinki's eyes were worried, just like the rest of his expression. "I have to get his binky.. but would you mind watching him for me? I'll be a lot quicker if I go by myself."

 

Kibum blinked at him. "Uh what?"

 

But above all else Jinki smile then, a soft chuckle ringing past his lips. "All you have to do is hold him. He'll love to play with the bunny you got him."

 

"O.. Okay." He placed the stuffed animal on the couch, and causiouly took the baby from the man. Taemin looked up at him with those big curious eyes and reached to touch his face.

 

 Jinki smiled, his hand falling from the boy's hair before he was rushing toward the door with his car keys in hand. "I'll be right back."

 

Once he was left alone it finally hit him. He was alone. Jinki had allowed him to be left alone with his son. "Oh my god." He breathed out.

 

Taemin just gurgled as he took notice of the necklace he was wearing.  The only thing that was seeable was the gold chain, but the baby pulled it out of his shirt with a single chubby hand. The simple gold ring was revealed and the baby giggled as he wound two fingers through it. "You like that?" 

 

Taemin of course didn't respond, just giggled and swung his arm. "Your Daddy gave that to me. It's pretty isn't it?" 

 

Kibum had to admit that the little baby was cute. With his toothless smile, and head full of hair; Chubby cheeks and infectious laughter. "I haven't taken it off since he gave it to me. I'm weird aren't I Taemin?"

 

He was too busy smiling fondly at the baby he didn't even notice the door reopening, or the man walking through it frozen in the archway between the door and the living room. "You aren't weird."

 

He looked up shocked. Jinki's hair was a mess, blown everywhere. His cheeks and nose were red, and his chest was rising and falling rapidly as if he had run the entire way there and back. Which he probably did. "I didn't hear you come in."

 

Jinki softly placed the binky in Taemin's mouth, earning a giggle from the boy. He was so close Kibum could see the worried lines on his forehead, and the lines from where he smiled all the time. Was he getting closer? Kibum couldn't tell really. He was too busy staring at his eyes. "You aren't weird, because I haven't taken off mine either." 

 

A moment later Jinki was pulling out his half of the set, holding it up with his thumb and finger. "You.. you kept it." Kibum said softly.

 

"It was a reminder of how I should of kept you." And then Jinki was softly pressing his lips against his; his fingertips gently touching his jawline. When he parted it took Kibum a minute to open his eyes and let out the breath he didn't know he had been holding. It was their first kiss since they ended it.  Jinki was smiling softly, still so close he could feel his breath on his nose. "You've always been so beautiful."

 

"I.. uh.." He fumbled over his words, blood rushing to his cheeks as the man chuckled.

 

"I'm glad you came Bummie, and it seems Taemin does too." Kibum looked down to see Taemin gently hugging the bunny he had brought for him. 

 

"Me too." 

 

And Jinki kissed him once more before going to make lunch; Kibum staying in the living room to play with Taemin.