Minkey ( T_T)\(^-^ )

Prompt Game Drabbles

The phone hit the counter. Kibum hand slowly fell to his side, but there was no other movement about him. Minho heard the crash of the phone from back in the laundry room.  "Bummie? What was that?"

 

When there was no answer Minho set the towel that was in his hands on the top of the dryer and rushed to see what was up with his boyfriend. The slightly older man had rushed to answer the phone not even 5 minutes before and left him to finish folding the towels. Minho walked out of the hallway to see the man frozen near the  counter. He saw the house phone on the marble top before the man, the red light blinking.

 

"Bummie who was that?" The man didn't move. Minho was sure that he didn't even see him blink once, but he heard the sniffle. He rushed over and forced him to turn. He saw the tears, the red cheeks and nose, the eyes that were pained but also showed his shock. "Baby who was that?" 

 

"My.. My grandma. She's gone." 

 

 Minho didn't know what to say, and maybe there really wasn't anything to say. He just wrapped his arms firmly around the man. It was there in the warm safty of his boyfriend's embrace that he finally cracked.  His body shuddered with sobs as Minho craddled his head firm on his chest.  "Shh. Just let it out."

 

 Minho knew just how much Kibum's grandmother meant to him. As the man continued to break in his arms his own heart was cracking. Kibum sagged against him, and he knew that it was about time they moved to sit. The older man couldn't move, or wouldn't, so Minho moved to lift him. The man gasped for a moment before wrapping his arms around his neck. Minho carried him to the couch and allowed him to curl up against him.

 

"I can't believe she's gone." The words were broken and cut off but Minho understood it. She had been in hospice for a couple weeks, so they knew it was coming, but it had just hit Kibum that she was really gone.  "I should of gone and visit her last night... I should of went. I.."

 

"Shh. You didn't know Bummie." The man finally looked up and it was then Minho's heart fully broke. "You didn't know." 

 

Minho just held onto him tightly. Kibum always tried to be strong, to make sure that no one saw through to what he was feeling, but he always allowed his boyfriend to see it. Minho was the only one that ever had the pleasure of seeing the soft interior of the man, and he felt so special. 

 

"Oh god. I made you a mess." Kibum choked down a sob as he sniffled.

 

He pressed his lips to the man's hair and left them there for a moment. "I love you Bummie. I'm here. Okay. I'm here."