002

No Bodyguards, Please
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The car soon comes to a gigantic gate, guarded by heavily armed guards. I swallow nervously.

Where've they brought me?

As the gate opens, I am more than surprised to see where they've brought me.

"The Prime Minister's residence? Why've you brought me here?"

The car gently stops, and Niel steps out, holding the door open for me. I hesitantly step out of the car.

"Don't look so scared," he says. "Nothing's going to happen to you."

To be honest, I can't take this guy seriously. I mean, a man who crossdressed, brought a random girl off the street, took a wig off his head, and was now standing in front of me with make-up done better than I could do (I don't wear make-up anyways, but still), and some sort of floral romper-type... thing is not really someone you could put all your trust into. Besides, I don't even know the guy.

"Niel, you should really get out of these clothes once we get inside. Oh, and remove that make-up too," says the guy who I slapped earlier. He doesn't really sound like a kidnapper.

I don't know what to think. Niel and the guy (who's name I don't know yet, by the way) stand on either side of me as we approach the huge doors of the residence of the Prime Minister. I didn't even dress up today. Just take a look at my hoodie and trackpants. Usually, I couldn't care less for fashion, but today, I feel conscious.

A guard greets them as we enter. "Mr. Heechul, Mr. Niel, welcome," he bows.

Heechul, eh? So that's his name. It sounds so familiar.  I still can't put my finger on it. Where've I seen him before?

I know this sounds like a dream, but as soon as we step inside, I'm in awe. The place is amazing. It's more magnificent than any palace I've heard about. The room is gigantic. There is a giant mural painted on the walls of the humongous, circular room of the sky and clouds. It's absolutely breathtaking. There's a skylight, too, adding to the beauty. I take a deep breath as I take in the magnificence of the room. I feel someone poke my cheek, bringing me back to reality. I really did think I was dreaming.

"Hey, where're you lost, Clover?" Niel asks me. I guess he was the one that poked me.

"Oh, um..."

"Don't worry, that's everyone's reaction when they come here for the first time. You get used to it." Heechul says. Maybe because you're probably visiting this place on a regular basis.

Heechul begins walking

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter