011

No Bodyguards, Please
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Do you have my clothes?" I ask, watching my brothers disappear into the manor. I pout at Heechul, who looks back at me. Seeing my pout, he blows a kiss. Junsu and Seoljun poke out from the door, Junsu taking Heechul's wrist and mouthing "bye" and Seoljun pouts and waves. After that, all three of them go back inside and the giant doors close behind them.

"Do you have your seatbelt on?" Changjo asks after they leave.

"Huh?"

"Your seatbelt," he repeats.

"What?"

Instead of repeating what he said once more, he leans over and tugs on the seatbelt, pulling it over me and fastens it.

"Oh," my cheeks flush. "Seatbelt."

"Just Clover, are you okay?!" Changjo suddenly asks as he sits up straight. "Do you have a fever?"

"What? No, I'm fine."

"Oh," he smirks teasingly, "you like when I get really close to you, don't you?"

He rubs his shoulder against mine.

"Cheeto, stop!" I frown.

"I'm joking, Just Clover."

I roll my eyes at him and turn away to look out the window.

From the corner of my eye, I see a mix of an amused smile and a mischievous smirk playing on his lips as he adjusts the rear-view mirror and fixes his hairline.

He glances at me one last time, smiling and starts the ignition. He places the bag with the clothes in it on my lap (which he had in his lap the entire time), and then we begin moving.

"So," I attempt to fill the silence which had become awkward as soon as we hit the freeway, "how was training?"

"Tiring," he answers.

"I feel really bad for you... you know, you should have decided to take me after dinner, so then you would've had some time to rest, and a good meal."

"Don't feel bad about it," he replies, "it's my job. Besides, it's safer to leave now in the afternoon when it's bright than at night when it's dark."

I smile to myself.

"Either you're actually concerned about me, or you really love your job."

He doesn't respond.

 

 

Aro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter