005

No Bodyguards, Please
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"..."

I can't find any words to say. I sit there, speechless. Why me?

I turn towards my brothers for an answer. Junsu and Seoljun exchange glances and make signals to each other by pulling different expressions with their eyes, and I guess they decided not to say anything to me, because they avoid my gaze and look down at their hands.

Okay, fine.

I turn to Heechul, too, but he bites the nail on his thumb and looks away.

"Clover, look at me." Dad says. "Look at me."

I look up at him.

"I've come to know that someone very close in my life has betrayed me. I've had a few close people in my life, Clover. Ever since the elections, I have lost contact with them. I have no idea where they are now."

I don't see what that has to do with anything.

"One of the people who was close with Father, meaning one the people who know that he hasn't met you, has betrayed him," Seoljun explains. "When Father came to know about this, and he became very worried, so he had instructed Heechul hyung to find you." He pauses and looks hesitant for a moment. Just when he is about to speak, Junsu interjects.

"Let's just say we had to dig up files of your school to find your address.Once we found it, Heechul hyung and Niel were sent out to find you," he says.

"I guess we were right on time," Heechul adds. "You were almost abducted right there on the street."

I nod, trying to wrap my head around all this new information.

"That doesn't really explain much," I say. "Why exactly am I in danger?"

"Whoever has betrayed Father had to be very close to him, because only the ones he is very close to knows about your existence. We recieved a threatening call last night, saying that they're going to kidnap you. Most likely whoever it is wants to use your life as a threat, most likely to force Father into resigning his post as Prime Minister." Heechul explains.

I look at him, puzzled.

"Let me rephrase."

He clears his throat and explains in a much simpler, less confusing way.

"Long story short, the person betraying Father is a bad man who wants to use your life as a threat and is hoping that they will succeed in forcing him to resign."

"Are you sure that's the reason?" I ask.

"Well, it's the most accurate theory out of whatever details we have," Junsu says.

"Don't you have, like, super-professional investigators or something? I mean, when you got that phone call, didn't you track it down?"

"The 'super-professional investigators' you are referring to would be Junsu hyung and myself," Seoljun says, "but there were only so many details we could find with our staff. We tried to track the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter