010

No Bodyguards, Please
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Seoljun-ah, please open your eyes!" Junsu continues to plead, lifting Seoljun's head onto his lap, his lip quivering as he looked down at the other boy.

"Let's get him into your room," Heechul suggests.

Junsu looks up and Heechul.

"Hyung, help me carry him."

The two of them pick Seoljun's unconscious body off the ground and begin starting in the direction of Junsu's room.

"I'll go find Niel. Meet you guys later," says Changjo, patting me on the shoulder before running off to find Niel. 

I follow Heechul and Junsu as they carry Seoljun to Junsu's room- which turns out he shares with Seoljun, with two double beds on either side of the room. It was very tidy. 

They place him gently down on the bed which I assume is his. Heechul sits on the edge of Seoljun's bed, ruffling his hair. 

"Junie, you'll be okay," he says, barely above a whisper. 

Junsu stands aside. His bottom lip was quivering. 

"He's probably fine," I say to Junsu, walking up to him and patting him on the arm. 

He looks down at the ground before looking up to face me. 

"I'm sorry, it's just... just that... well, he's my best friend."

"Trust me, he's probably just fine," I flash Junsu my best reassuring smile (though, I wasn't quite too sure myself).

"Chief, what happened?" asks a concerned Niel as he rushes into the room, Changjo quietly following behind. 

Niel's lips form an "O" when he says Seoljun lying on the bed. 

Niel begins taking a check-up. 

 

"He's fine," says Niel, once he finishes the check-up, taking the earpieces of his stethoscope out of his ears and placing the stethoscope back into the bag he had brought with him, which held all his "doctor-gear" (as he called it).

"Then why isn't he waking up?" Junsu asks.

"He's just sleeping," answers Niel. "He's probably fatigued. Has he been sleeping well?"

"I don't think he slept last night," replies Junsu. "I heard him tossing and turning late into the night. He'd told me was extremely worried about Clover."

Worried about me? That means I am the reason Seoljun is in the state he is now!

"He was worried about me?" I frown. "That means I'm the one responsible for him right now!"

"Clover, this is not your fault," says Heechul. 

"But-"

"Clover, calm," adds Junsu. "We are not blaming you. So don't blame yourself, either."

"But I feel like it really is my fault..."

"Listen," says Changjo, "it is not your fault that you are here. It is not your fault that your brother is worrying for you. He'll be fine, okay?"

Hearing those words from Changjo was much more convincing than hearing it from Junsu and Heechul. 

I nod.

"Good," Changjo pats my head.

"Uh, guys..."

We all turn to face Niel.

"You guys should let him rest," says Niel, "he really needs it."

"What do we do until he wakes up?" Junsu pouts.

"Well," sighs Heechul, "whatever we usually do to pass time whenever this happens."

"This has happened before?" I ask.

"Yes," says Heechul, "this has actually happened a handful of times."

"Awe, that stinks," I pout, "but I guess he'll come through."

As if on cue, my stomach makes a noise.

"Good idea," says Heechul (probably to my stomach), "we should go eat."

"I'll stay back," says Changjo, "you all go eat."

"You should eat too," I say, "you must be starving."

"It's okay."

"Please?"

"You should come, Changjo," says Heechul. "Now, come on."

Changjo agrees, and the four of us leave.

 

After we've eaten (I had a nice lunch of seasoned rice balls and ramen), Changjo leaves for training. Heechul and Junsu take me on a tour of the manor.

"Cheer up," I say to Junsu as we walk.

"There's no point," says Heechul,  turning around to look at us. "He's going to be like this until Seoljun wakes up."

"We've always been together," Junsu pouts. "Even in the foster home. We were adopted together."

"You two are adopted?"

"Heechul hyung is not adopted, Seoljun and I are, though," explains Junsu. "You aren't adopted, either."

"So... That means your last name may or may not be 'Jung'."

"No, my name is Kim Junsu, not Jung Junsu."

"And I'm assuming Seoljun hyung's name is just Jun?"

"Yeah. Seol Jun."

"Wait," Heechul stops walking and turns toward me, "did you just say hyung?"

I blink at him. "I'm not supposed to?"

"I just didn't expect you to say it, th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter