017

No Bodyguards, Please
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The three of us walked into the class and I showed Changjo where I sat.

"So... where does this Dandelion chick sit, if not with you?" he asked.

I turned to him.

"Oh, you mean the girl we talked about outside? Yeah, she doesn't exist."

Changjo lowered his eyebrows and looked at me funny.

"What?"

"She told you," interjected Lilly, "Dandelion doesn't exist."

"Eh?"

Changjo turned to her.

"We don't have a friend named Dandelion," she went on. "We were just messing with you."

"Hmph."

Changjo stepped ahead of us.

Lilly and I grinned and exchanged hi-fives behind his back.

We took our seats and Changjo took the empty seat beside me. He was still kind of upset about how we tricked him like that, but I didn't see why.

Not like he was expecting to see "Dandelion."

Was he?

The other people in the class shuffled in and sat down, and soon the professor came in.

 

About 20 minutes into the lesson, there was a soft tapping sound. It seemed that I was the only one who was hearing it, because when I turned to Changjo, he didn't have a clue about what I was telling him.

I couldn't focus on the lesson anymore. All I could hear was the tapping, which became louder. I began thinking the worst-case scenario. Attackers.

Changjo tapped me lightly on the shoulder and nodded when I turned to face him.

It wasn't in my head. He was hearing it too.

It definitely wasn't the sound of someone tapping the desks with their pencil, it wasn't exactly coming from the window, either.

The sound gradually became much quieter.

Now Changjo was tense.

"We need to get you out of here," he whispered in my ear. It was so quiet even I could barely hear him.

I looked at him wide-eyed.

"But... the lesson..."

"There are attackers out there," he hissed.

"How do we know-"

"Trust me. I know."

He was about to get up when the professor opened the door and everyone turned their heads.

"Welcome," the professor said.

In front of the professor stood a boy that looked my age. He must be a new student. The boy introduced himself as Yungjun then made his way to the empty seats in the back.

He stopped halfway and seemed to examine my face for a minute, then he studied Changjo. He smirked for a second and then continued up to the back.

I turned around to face Changjo and saw that he had a sour expression as he watched Yungjun.

"Something seems suspicious about him," Changjo mumbled.

"So much for attacks," I mumbled in reply.

 

 

"It very well could have been an attacker, okay?"

The class was now over. Changjo and I were walking back to the car. It was lunch time and I was starving. I couldn't wait to go back to the manor.

"Well, it wasn't. You were wrong. Get over it."

"But I'm never wrong!" he exclaimed, "I am Choi Jonghyun! I am not wrong! Ever!"

I sighed. How old is he? Seriously.

"You should be happy that it wasn't an attacker! I'm safe!"

"But that doesn't explain that tapping noise," he spit.

It was true. But I wasn't about to admit to him that he is right about that.

"You spit on me," I frowned.

"I did not."

I jabbed him in the rib with my fingers.

"OWW! WHAT WAS THAT FOR?"

I took a step away from him. "Why are you shouting?" I asked him.

"Hmph," he huffed.

"Aww, is that baby Cheeto's soft spot?"

Changjo stared at me. "I'm not Cheeto," he frowned.

Then he jabbed me in the rib.

Ow.

"Hey, you don't hurt your client like that... Cheeto!"

I began chasing him around the car. A couple people stopped in their tracks and watched me chase him. It didn't really look that childish, did it? I spun around for a second and I felt someone pull me back.

"Alright, Changjo. Let's just go now," I said, assuming it was him.

I turned back around to realize that it was not Changjo standing before me. It was Yungjun.

"You've been a lot of trouble, Princess," he smirked.

I let out a shaky breath. Was he an attacker? I tried to run and realized he had grabbed my arm.

"Where do you think you're going?" he smirked.

"Yungjun, let go!"

"What, you don't recognize me?"

"Uh... no... I don't..."

I stopped struggling for a second t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter