019

No Bodyguards, Please
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

While we were talking, Junsu had suddenly brought up how I was thinking aloud in the car. They seemed to find that really amusing, though I didn't see why.

"Oh, I wish I was there!" Heechul pouted. "She must've been so cute!"

"That's what I told her," Junsu smiled.

"I'm sure she was adorable."

We turned to the new voice in the room. Seol Jun sat up and was smiling at us. He wasn't scarred as bad as Heechul was, but he was still injured. 

"I'm sorry, did we wake you?" Junsu asked softly. 

Seol Jun shook his head. "No."

"Good."

Junsu got up from beside Heechul and sat by Seol Jun. He ruffled his hair.

"How're you?" he asked.

"Admittedly, I'm not in as bad of a condition as I thought I was."

Seol Jun grinned sheepishly and Junsu chuckled softly.

I glanced over at Changjo, who was picking a strand of hair off his leg. He shuddered as he picked it up and dropped it beside his chair on the floor.

"Ha, ha", I teased, "Changjo, you're scared of hair!"

"Oh- oh, yeah?" he replied while checking his clothes to see if there was any more hair, "well, it's probably your hair, anyways."

"My hair is not short, nor is it dyed red."

Changjo looked up at me and made a face.

I gave him a mock expression in reply.

He chuckled.

"You look like a bunny!"

"Hey!"

"Aww!" he teased.

"Quit it with the bunny stuff, will you?"

Changjo laughed a little louder and I crossed my arms.

"I'm sorry," he said, "usually I'd drop a topic if it was useless; but this- absolutely not!"

He grinned that stupid, arrogant, smart- grin.

Deciding it'd be better to ignore him, I let out the yawn I had been trying to hold back.

"What...what time is it?" I asked.

Heechul checked the time on his phone.

"Well, it's definitely time for you to be going now," he said, "You're going to your apartment, right?"

"Right."

"Changjo, go with her."

I groaned.

Ignoring me, Changjo stood up. "Yes, Chief."

He bowed, then turned to Dad. "Sir."

He bowed again.

I waited in the doorway for Changjo to get his hoodie and put it on.

I pointed to his collar.

"Cheeto, you got a little something on your shirt."

Changjo raised an eyebrow at me.

I shrugged in reply.

He looked down and...

"Ha! Gotcha!" I cheered.

"Hey....hey, wait! Come back here!" he called, and by that time, I was almost by the elevators.

I stopped at the elevators and turned around to see Changjo running behind me.

Needless to say, he caught up rather quickly. Unfortunately, though, he was a bit too quick. He didn't stop in time, and would have almost crushed me between himself and the wall unless he used his hands and put them up against the wall.

To be brief, my bodyguard unintentionally had me up against a wall.

"Oh..." he said as he grinned awkwardly, "...hello."

"Get off, Cheeto."

He didn't move. He just sighed and just smiled at me like I was a puppy.

"Don't smile like that, you look like a clown."

He stepped a bit closer. Okay, now I was beginning to feel nervous. And I did what I always did when I was nervous. Say stupid, foolish things.

"Hey, Cheeto the Clown! I'm brilliant!"

Of course, I just said that. But, of course, he just kept smiling.

I sighed.

"This is the part where you tell me that I'm clever, and then we leave. Right?"

But no, the guy wouldn't reply.

He stepped even closer, and he leaned in a bit. A bit too close, that is.

I chuckled awkwardly as I felt heat rush to my cheeks.

This was oh-so embarrassing.

"Uh, hey...heh...all you really need is that round, red nose! It-it'll match your hair, too!"

I pinched his nose. "Boop!"

That did the trick. He stopped smilling and blinked. He looked at how close he was to my face, then he looked down at our feet. He blushed.

"I'm-I'm sorry! I'll just...uh..."

He stepped back and, with impeccable timing, the elevator beside us opened and a few people stepped out.

"Come on, let's go," I said, pinching his sweater sleeve and tugging him along behind me.

 

In the elevator, Changjo got a call.

"Huh? Yeah, Chief. Oh, they are? Alright. Yep. Yeah, she's okay. Yes. Yes, Chief. Alright. Feel better. See you soon. Okay, bye."

Beep.

The elevator door opened.

"What did he say?" I asked as we stepped out.

Changjo smiled. "Don't worry about it."

He began walking and at the entrance he realized I wasn't walking with him and he walked back over to me.

"Hey, don't make me waste my energy, okay? Let's go!"

He grabbed my wrist and tried to pull me. Surprisingly enough, I didn't budge.

Changjo looked back at me and sighed. "What's the matter?" he asked, crossing his arms.

"My brother calls and you don't tell me what he told you, and I'm pretty sure it was something about me because you said 'she's okay'."

"I'm only going to tell you what you need to know. Any unneccessary information will probably cause you to panic, so excuse me for looking out for your well-being."

"Yeah, cause I'm totally not worrying in a panicking state right

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter