007

No Bodyguards, Please
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The two dark figures seem dazed for a second, supposedly recovering from jumping through, like, 30cm of thick glass, but they soon come back to their senses without too much delay. They slowly make their way towards me.

"Well, well, well," one of them says.

"Who've we got here?" the other one continues. "The Prime Minister's daughter?"

"CHEETO!" I manage to call.

The door rattles. One of the two that came in through the window stand in front of the door, blocking it.

"Awe, you think your bodyguard is going to come save you?" the other one says, grabbing me by the arm.

I try to speak but I can't say anything. I try breaking free, but whoever this is has a grip of iron.

The one who is blocking the door tries hard, clearly struggling to keep the door shut. I could hear Cheeto on the other side, trying his hardest to get the door to open.

Suddenly, the door stops rattling.

"Well," says the one who was leaning against the door. "Looks like they're not comin' for ya' after all, are they girlie?"

He leans off the door and grabs my other arm.

Someone kicks the door open.

Cheeto and CAP come inside and quickly take over the situation.

Cheeto kicks one in the face while CAP grabs the other by the neck and drags him away.

As soon as both my arms are free, Cheeto calls to me.

"Go hide!" he says.

"Where?" I ask.

"JUST GO!" he replies as he punches one of the attackers across the face.

I look around the room frantically, in full-on panic mode.

I run over to the bed and lie myself down underneath it.

I'm more than surprised when I can hear more glass shattering over how loud my heart is pounding. My head is throbbing.

"AGH!"

From under the bed, I can see blood dripping out from a wound on someone's leg.

"CAP hyung, help!"

It's Cheeto.

I can hear another masculine scream that fades.

Thump.

"You can come out now, Miss."

I peek out from under the bed, to see Cheeto kneeling beside me. I turn onto my side and allow him to pull me out.

He picks me up and places me on the bed.

"She's so shaken," CAP says, walking over towards us.

"Miss, are you okay?" Cheeto asks politely, tilting his head.

I continue shivering, unable to move or speak.

Cheeto and CAP shake their heads.

Suddenly, my brothers burst into the room.

"Clover-ah!!!" Heechul exclaims.

He rushes over to us, Seoljun and Junsu following behind him. He sits beside me and pulls me into his lap, patting my head and hushing me. His breathing is heavy.

"Are you okay?" he asks. "What happened?"

I shiver in response.

"Two attackers managed to break through the glass," says CAP as he gestures toward the broken glass. "We managed to get one unconscious and cuffed, and the other one...well... we threw him out the window."

I just sit there, still in shock about the incident, whimpering.

"Shh, shh," Junsu sits beside us and my hair.

"Her hands are ice-cold," says Seoljun as he holds my hand, taking a seat as well.

I hold his warm hand tight, desperate for heat.

There is the sound of wincing on the other side of the room. We turn to see CAP helping Cheeto sit down on the other bed.

The wound on Cheeto's leg has opened a little bit wider, causing his leg to bleed more.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter