012

No Bodyguards, Please
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There is a feminine shriek on the other side of the closet door.

"Ricky?!" I hear Changjo exclaim.

I poke my head out of the door.

"Come out, Miss, don't be scared!" beams L.Joe, who was standing behind Ricky.

I hesitate for a moment. Changjo puts his pistol away and extends a hand to me. I take it and step out.

"Guys, you scared her!" says Changjo, "you should have called out!"

"Sorry," says Ricky, "we thought we'd make a surprise appearance."

Changjo sighs. "I thought they found us here, too."

"We're sorry," repeats Ricky, "but you scared us too by pointing the gun and jumping out of the closet, so I guess we can call it even."

"Ricky, you scared the baby," L.Joe pouts, stepping forward to my cheek.

I step back and stand behind Changjo.

"Where are you going?" L.Joe whines.

"Hyung, stand back," says Changjo.

L.Joe pouts but steps back beside Ricky anyway.

 

 

"So... what'd they say?" asks Ricky, once we'd all came back down to the first floor (yes, Changjo actually lived in a house).

Changjo explains the whole story about what had happened the night before.

"Oh my gosh," gasps Ricky, "how's your leg now?"

"It's fine," replies Changjo, taking a drink of water from the water bottle he had taken out from the fridge.

"Are you sure you don't want water?" Changjo asks as he turns to me.

I shake my head, "I'm fine."

He frowns and s the water bottle into my hands.

"Either I can get you another bottle or you can drink from this one."

He continues to frown at me until I finally agree, unscrewing the bottle cap. I take a small waterfall, close the bottle and hand it back to him.

"Aww," coos L.Joe, "look, they're already sharing water bottles."

Changjo blinks slowly, pursing his lips as he turns to L.Joe, who was sitting on the other couch beside Ricky.

"I'm just about ready to throw you out the window," he snaps.

L.Joe pouts, "I'm sorry!"

Ricky claps a hand over L.Joe's mouth.

"Did something happen at the mall, too?" he asks.

I whimper in memory of how frightened I was when Shae threw me over his shoulder, and the knee I fell on began hurting again.

Ricky pouts seeing my reaction then gives Changjo and inquisitive look.

Changjo exhales before answering, "there was an attack at the mall."

I whimper again.

"Is she really that traumatized?" gasps L.Joe, showing a serious side I didn't think he had.

Changjo allows me to cling to his arm as he explains the mall incident.

"That's scarier than the attack from last night!" gasps Ricky.

"Please don't talk about it anymore," my voice wavers slightly.

"Shh," says Changjo, rubbing the back of my hand, "it's okay... everything will be okay."

Will it, rea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter