006

No Bodyguards, Please
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

On our walk to the dining hall, I am once again mesmerized by the beautiful interior of the manor. Junsu smiles, seeing my expression.

"You really do like this place, huh?" he asks, smiling.

I twitch a smile. "Yeah..."

"Well, this is your home," says Seoljun as we continue walking.

I almost stop in my tracks when he says that.

No... No! This is not my home!

I remember my mom. About how she's home alone. I begin to feel furious again, but I bury the thought and continue walking.

"Just how far is the dining hall?" I ask, in attempt to change the subject.

When no one answers me, I turn to Seoljun (since he apparently likes to add onto things), but he is turned away. He turns back around, the grin on his face from earlier wiped off.

"Pardon?" he asks.

"How far is the dinner hall?" I repeat.

Junsu and Seoljun let out a small laugh.

"It'll probably be a couple minutes," they say in unison.

"So... Have you chosen your bodyguard, yet?" Junsu asks.

"Yeah, actually," I reply. "I have."

"That's great," says Seoljun, "that means we can call him in during dinner."

I sigh. "How much longer is it?"

"Almost there," Seoljun smiles.

I feel Heechul's gaze on me once again (the gaze that I felt on me when we were in the car) as I continue to be amazed by the beautiful interior. This time, I catch his eye and smile. He smiles back.

Soon enough, we finally reach the dinner hall and, just as I guessed, is simply stunning. Geez, they weren't joking when they called it the dinning hall. I'm beginning to think senseless thoughts, like whether there is a breakfast hall, or a separate hall for lunch, considering that the manor is, like, massive.

There is a fairly large painting on one of the walls, which looks like a gigantic thanksgiving dinner celebration you'd expect to see in television. I wouldn't know for sure, because I've never really owned a television, I'd always watch news and such at my friend's house. Like I said earlier, I've basically eaten rice and instant ramen all my life.

"Is it going to be like this every time we show you a new room in the house?" Heechul asks me in disbelief, trying not to laugh.

"Pfft, no," I scoff.

He smiles and ruffles my hair.

"Ay, no... don't touch my hair." I shake my head.

But of course, he smiles and ruffles my hair again.

"No~!" I pout.

Junsu gasps.

"She's so cuuute!" he exclaims, bringing his hands up to his face.

"Hey, she's mine!" Seoljun challenges, pulling me away from the other two and hugging me like a teddy bear.

"Mine~~~!" Junsu whines in a childish tone, mocking my pout from earlier. He playfully smacks Seoljun on the back. I guess he is only trying to get him to let go of me (I don't know if he was doing that to help me, but he probably just wanted to hug me too), but Seoljun only hugs me tighter.

"No, mine!" he says.

The two of them begin to argue. I try to wriggle out of Seoljun's grip, but holy macaroni, he's stronger than he looks. He didn't even seem to notice that I was strugging to get him to let go of me. I look to Heechul with puppy eyes, begging for help.

"Yah..." Heechul says, trying to get their attention.

No one listens. Heechul in his cheeks and repeats himself.

"YAH!"

Seoljun and Junsu immediately back off, standing across from me as Heechul swiftly pulls me aside.

"Junsu-ah, Seoljun-ah!" he says to them, "behave yourselves!"

"Sorry, hyung..." they apologize, once again in unison.

I wonder if they do that on purpose.

"Guy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter