015

No Bodyguards, Please
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I open my eyes in time to see that Changjo had protectively brought me to the ground and covered my body with his, while CAP and Ricky grabbed Shae by the arms. He broke free of their grips and charged toward the broken windows in which he'd used to enter, and soon he was gone.

"What's with this guy?" huffs CAP. "Like really, what kind of attacker comes, spends- what, like five minutes here- then just runs away?"

"Wasn't even five minutes," mumbled Ricky.

Changjo pulls himself off me and onto his feet, then helps me up to mine.

"Come on, let's get you out of here," he mutters.

He picks me up wedding style and carries me out of the ginormous ballroom, his feet moving remarkably fast, considering the fact that I was probably ten pounds heavier with the dress.

Once outside,he places me down and we begin walking normally. We're stopped in our tracks by my brothers.

"Have you gone absolutely mad?" Heechul scolds as we approach. "Offering yourself as hostage like that! What if something happened to you?!"

He then lets out a long, long stream of profanity.

"Hyung!" Junsu gasps, much louder than his normal, soft tone. "Wash your mouth out with soap!"

"Actually, we should use prune nectar instead," suggests Seoljun.

We all turn to him with an arched eyebrow.

"What?" he shrugs innocently, "it's worse than a mouthful of soap."

"Sorry, sorry," Heechul apologises hastily, shaking his head as he does so. "It's... it's just... what were you thinking?"

I shrug and look away.

He sighed and pulled me into a tight hug.

"Thank you... thank you, Changjo. Without you, I'd probably have lost her."

"Don't thank me, Chief. It's just my job."

Changjo smiles.

"Was the attacker from the party the same attacker from the mall?" asks Seoljun.

"Yes," I reply in a muffled voice. "... I can't breathe!"

"Oh, sorry."

Heechul lets go of me and I almost stumble backward, luckily being caught around the waist by Changjo. He gently pulls me up so I could stand straight.

"We need to get her home, she looks exhausted," frowns Junsu.

He was right. I was feeling awfully sleepy.

"But it's too dangerous to be taking her home at this hour," says Changjo, who now had his hands on my shoulders to keep me steady. I could feel the body heat from his chest through the thin material of the dress on my back.

"It's not safe enough in the manor, either," replies Heechul.

"She can stay with Junsu and I," suggests Seoljun, "whichever bed she sleeps in is big enough for two people. So Changjo can stay, too."

"Excuse me, who gave you permission to allow guests into our room?" Junsu leaned forward to glare at Seoljun, who was standing on the other side of Heechul (Heechul was standing in between them).

Seoljun shrugged. "The only other place for them to go would be the bodyguards' lounge, but really, why should we make her sleep on a couch? And where would we put Changjo? He also needs to be healthy."

Changjo let out a quiet whimper that only I could hear as he shifted his weight to his other foot. Is he still hurt from the night of the break-in?

"Okay, fine," Junsu agreed, "but we have to get her a night suit... also wash all that make-up off."

He scrunched his nose as he examined my face. Did I look that bad?

"Niel completely overdid her face." he added.

"She looks like a cake," chuckled Seoljun.

The two of them began laughing. One by one, Heechul, Changjo and I joined in. Soon, we were all melting into hysterics.

Man, it feels good to laugh it out sometimes.

Eventually, we calmed down and Changjo helped me up the stairs (hey, laughing doesn't always make you feel less sleepy), and Junsu called from behind us:

"Changjo, are you limping?"

I looked at Changjo, and he looked at me before turning back and giving a bitter-sounding "no."

Junsu watched us expressionlessly as Changjo (he was most definitely limping, that little liar) who now instead of climbing the stairs beside me, was behind me.

Once we reached the bedroom, Changjo limped away as quickly as he could and soon returned with the same pair of pajamas I'd worn the night of the break-in. They were warm, which meant they'd just been taken out of the dryer. Niel approached us as Changjo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter