018

No Bodyguards, Please
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Changjo, Junsu and I went inside the manor to collect our things. Changjo came with me, and I was done packing before he was. We were down in the lounge and he was in the other room.

"Come on, Changjo," I called, "what's taking you so long?"

Changjo walked into the room I was in.

"There you are-"

"Okay," he interjected. "Which shirt goes better with these pants? Also, should I take the black tie and white shirt with my black tuxedo, or should I try a little more colour? Do you think I should take my black sunglasses, too? Ooh, actually, I might as well take the red tie... it matches with my hair..."

I sighed and decided to go upstairs.

"Come up when you're done, Cheeto," I called behind me.

I turned to go upstairs.

"Wait..."

Three steps up the stairs, he took my wrist and turned me to face him.

"Help me, please?"

He looked up at me with puppy eyes, and really, you can convince practically anyone when you look as cute as that.

"Fine," I grumbled.

Changjo grinned.

I eyed him suspiciously.

"Now, tell me-" he began.

"The light blue shirt. Blue is my favourite colour and it works. Yes, use the black tie, and take the red tie as well, since we really don't have time to decide on it now. Oh, and what else if not the white shirt? And why would you even consider whether or not you should take your sunglasses- you should know that you should have them with you all the time."

"Oh," he smirked, "so you were listening?"

"Yes, I was."

I rolled my eyes at him.

"Don't roll your eyes at me like that, Princess."

"I'm no princess, you're the princess."

"I'm not!" he whined as he feigned disappointment, pouting.

No. Changjo, no. Stop. No. Nope. No cuteness. Doesn't work on me. Stop it. Stop right now. Enough. Nope. No. Enough. Quit it.

"You're the one acting like you have a million choices of clothes to wear, like you're Barbie or something, okay? Don't call me a princess."

"Oh...oh yeah? Huh, well, okay. Meanwhile you, little missy, are the one acting like a princess in every other way."

I wriggled my nose.

"No," I responded childishly, crossing my arms.

He smirked and stepped closer to me.

"What?" I asked.

He poked me.

"Ouch! What was that for?" I frowned.

"For making me mad before."

I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Well, you just made me angry, Cheeto."

I tried to sound intimidating, but with no luck. He just at the clothes he was going to pack and shrugged.

"Stop it!"

"There's that princess behaviour I was talking about, see that, bunny?"

Bunny? I whined inwardly.

"Don't stand so close."

I tried to push him but he didn't move an inch. An inch away, that is.

He sniggered.

"What's so amusing about this? Why are you standing so close? Step back, bucko!"

I crossed my arms and stared at him with as angry of an expression as I could manage.

"Haha, what is that? You look like a constipated bunny rabbit!"

"HEY!"

I punched him in the arm.

"Oh, you want to go? Huh, girl?" he teased.

"Bring it on, Cheeto."

Bad move on my part.

Changjo enveloped me into a crushing bear hug and I could barely breathe. I wrestled and tried to wriggle away.

I'm telling you right now, Changjo is secretly an evil little maniac.

Okay, so anyway, my squirming ended up serving no purpose. In my benefit, that is.

"Changjo!" I squealed as he began tickling me. "Changjo, no!"

I squirmed even more, which didn't help at all. I lost my balance and Changjo picked me up. He threw me- literally- onto the couch, and I screamed.

"I'm calling my brother!" I said as he trapped me on the couch.

"You think that's going to work?"

As I was about to reply, I was caught off guard and Changjo had pinned me down on the couch. I stopped squirming concluding that it wouldn't help at all and only make everything worse, and at the same time Changjo stopped wrestling.

His smirked was suddenly replaced by an innocent smile. He looked at me completely differently than he was two seconds ago.

I couldn't help but stare back at him. He started leaning closer but suddenly there were the sounds of footsteps on the stairs.

He stood up quickly, taking my hand and gently helping me off the couch. He turned away and brushed his clothes off. I kneeled and fixed my shoelaces.

"What's all the noise about?" Junsu asked as he stepped off the last stair.

"Nothing," Changjo responded quickly, blinking innocently at Junsu.

Junsu arched an eyebrow.

"Alrighty, then," he exhaled, "we should get going now."

I picked up the bag I packed my clothes in- Junsu lent it to me- and Changjo quickly began stuffing clothes into his bag, and I decided to take the advantage of a head start and seek protection from my brother before Changjo could start tickling me again.

I followed Junsu up the stairs and held his pinkie finger.

"What happened, kiddo?" he asked, looking down to where I took his finger.

I shrugged. I always held Mom's pinkie finger whenever we left the house together.

He gave a small smile and then led me up the stairs. We were about to exit the manor when Changjo caught up to us.

I braced myself just in case he decided to poke me or tickle me, but fortunately for me, he walked straight ahead and fell in stride with Junsu. I trailed behind them, but honestly, I didn't mind.

Outside, Junsu and Changjo went to their separate cars, and I stood on the porch. I mean, really? Did they both forget me?

"Hey, come with me," Junsu called.

"It's alright, I'll take her."

Changjo came back up the steps and took my hand.

I smiled. He'd forgiven me.

He gave a small smile in return. He turned to look at Junsu and his smile faded. I followed his gaze and saw that he and Junsu were staring at each other. It was as if they were communicating through their eyes, and eventually Changjo dropped his gaze.

"Go with your brother," he said quietly.

Before I could reply he hopped down the stairs of the porch and got into his black BMW. I raised an eyebrow at him and went over to Junsu. He opened the do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter