008

No Bodyguards, Please
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I wake up the next morning feeling much more stable than the night before. I sit upright and rub my eyes.

I turn to Cheeto who is sleeping peacefully. He turns over onto his other side. I look down. Something was missing. The blanket was nowhere in sight.

The infirmary didn't look much different during the day than at night. There were no windows, so no daylight would come in. But the light was on, so that meant someone had came in this morning.

That explains why I don't see the blanket.

I quietly get up to see if I can walk. Fortunately, I'd recovered from the shock of last night's attack and was able to move around without too much difficulty.

There's a knock on the door.

"Who is it?" I ask.

No response.

I walk over to the door.

Knock, knock.

I know it's not an attacker, since we are inside a room with no windows, and the only way one can enter is through that door. With the events from the night before still clear in my mind, I hesitantly tiptoe toward the door, not wanting to take any chances (although I know I'm being ridiculous), putting my ear against it.

"They must still be sleeping," says a voice from the other side.

"I told you to keep an eye on Chunji and make sure he doesn't take the blanket from them," says another one.

It sounds like CAP and another one of the bodyguards.

I open the door a crack.

"Who is it?" I ask softly.

"Oh, good morning," CAP says, looking at me through the crack.

I open the door wider, revealing a happy-looking CAP. I mean, he was actually smiling.

"Good morning," I reply.

L.Joe pokes out from behind him.

"Oh, you're up!" he flashes an adorable eyesmile.

"Shut up, L.Joe," CAP mutters, returning to his old self.

L.Joe wipes the grin off his face faster than you could say 'cheese'.

"Anyways," CAP continues, clearly trying not to let L.Joe annoy him, "how did you guys sleep?"

"You guys?" L.Joe repeats, his jaw dropping. "Who was she with?"

"Changjo, you idiot," CAP rolls his eyes. "She was with Changjo."

L.Joe gasps. "What were they doing?"

I tilt my head and look at L.Joe.

"What?" he asks, copying me.

"You're weird," I say. "I don't like you."

L.Joe pouts. "What?"

"You totally deserved that," says CAP, trying hard not to smile although it was evident that he was pleased.

"You guys want to come in?" I ask, opening the door for them.

"No, it's fine," CAP tells me, "We just wanted to see if you guys were awake, yet. Oh, and to return this," he adds as he hands over the blanket.

"I'm sorry, Chunji took it in the middle of the night..." L.Joe shrugs. "Anyways, is Changjo still asleep?"

"Changjo?" I raise my eyebrow at him.

"Cheeto," CAP explains.

"Yes, he's still sleeping," I answer.

"Still?" CAP asks, shaking his head.

"He's probably really tired," I say.

"You guys have to leave for the mall soon! You guys have been sleeping for..." he pauses to check his watch, "... 9 hours now! It's 9 am!"

"9 am?" I ask, eyes wide.

"Can you wake Changjo up, please?" L.Joe asks, smiling once again.

I nod and walk over to where we put the two cots together.

"Hey, Cheeto," I whisper, tapping his shoulder. "Get up now, it's time to go."

He doesn't respond. He must be seriously exhausted.

"Here, let me try," says L.Joe, gently pushing me aside as he climbs onto Cheeto's back, rocking sideways to wake him up.

Cheeto pouts, half-asleep. "Hyung..." he moans. "Go away...."

"Changjo, you've to get up!" L

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter