009

No Bodyguards, Please
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Changjo looks around warily for any suspicious behaviour. I walk closely beside him and he puts his hand on the back of my shoulder until we safely reach the inside of the mall.

"Where first?" he asks.

"I... um..." I look down at the ground. I glance up at him. "I kinda needed to buy... uh..."

The look on his face told me he knew.

"I'm not going in there with you," he says, shaking his head.

"But, Cheeto, I need to buy those!"

"Changjo," he corrects, "but anyways, I can't possibly go in there with you, no way."

"Well, I'm not going to drag you into the fitting room with me," I retort.

"Fine," he sighs, "but, I am not coming inside with you."

"Okay, then don't! Now, lets go!"

We walk further into the mall.

"Don't... cling... to me..." Changjo mutters, gently pushing me away. 

"Sorry," I pout.

After taking a couple turns through the mall, we finally reach the... lingerie store. The one that Changjo refused to accompany me in. Well, it's understandable that he wouldn't want to join me in a store like that, but I was a little uncomfortable going in by on my own. I mean, I have never been in a lingerie store by myself.

I browse around for something that is my size and is not too fancy, when I catch someone staring at me through the corner of my eye. Unsure of what I would do next, I hesitantly step out of the store, not making it too obvious and, once I reach the outside of the store, I run over to Changjo. 

"You're done already?" He asks me, looking up from his phone. 

"There's..." I bite my lip nervously.

"what? Someone in the store?" He asks, shoving his phone in his pocket.

I nod. "Come with me, please!" I pout. 

Changjo sighs. "Do I have to?"

I nod and tug on his arm. 

He sighs again, and obediently follows me into the store, keeping his head down. A few other girls in the store walk past us. 

"That girl is so lucky!" one says.

"Her boyfriend is soo handsome!" squeals another.

"If only our boyfriends weren't so embarrassed about it," a third one with a squeaky voice adds.

Changjo and I exchange a glance, mouthing 'boyfriend?' to each other.

"He's dressed better than she is!" a fourth scoffs.

I feel my cheeks flush slightly in embarrassment. Changjo pats my shoulder, shaking his head. "Don't listen to them."

I nod and continue my browsing.

"Do you think I should get something fancy or plain?" I ask, looking through the racks, although I would never buy a fancy pair of underwear.

"Huh?!" Changjo looks up at me and blinks then returns his gaze to the floor.

"Which would you prefer?" I tease.

He ignores me.

"Fancy..." I pause to lean close to his ear, "... or plain?"

I step back from him as he looks up at me, his face flushing with embarrassment.

I flash him a wicked grin as he continues blushing. I turn back to the racks.

"I was just joking, don't get any ideas."

Eventually, I'd found a few  sets my size that were plain. We went to pay and, forcing Changjo to walk with me and telling him that he looked like a chicken walking with his head down, he avoided looking at anything in the store at all costs.

He quickly paid with the card, took my wrist, and we flew out of there (with my stuff, of course). Once we left the store, he let go of me and puffed his cheeks as he exhaled.

"How can you even bear looking at all that?" he asked.

"Well," I shrug, "I'm uncomfortable in there too." I wasn't about to admit that I have never been in a store that sells mainly underwear by myself.

"There was no one dangerous in the store," says Changjo as we begin walking through the mall once again.

"I thought there was," I frown, "I'm sorry for dragging you in there, I was just..." my voice cracked as I did not want to admit that: "... I was scared."

He shakes his head. "It's fine," he assures me, "I'm just a bodyguard, after all."

"Thank you."

He smiles. "Don't thank me, its just my job."

There is a silence as we continue walking.

"So..." Changjo finally asks, "Do you need to buy anything from the drug store?"

I shake my head, no. "Just a deordorant stick, that's all."

"Nothing else?" he asks me, tilting his head.

"Nope."

"Not even..." he begins.

"Nope," I interject. "Not required."

We go in and buy the deordorant before making our way to the final stop, which was the department store.

This time, Changjo hadn't hesitated to come in with me.

I begin walking toward the boys and mens' section, when Changjo calls from behind me: "There girls' section is the other way!"

I turn around and gesture for him to follow me.

He shakes his head and walks over.

"Why are you buying from the guys' section?" he asks.

"Where do you think I get these fabulous pants from?" I reply, gesturing to my beautiful soccer pants.

Changjo smiles as I start toward the pants. I grab one that's my size and hand it to Changjo, then I begin heading toward the hoodies.

 

Once I finish, with a pair of jeans, a pair of them pants, a few plain t-shirts I found on clearance and, of course, the main: two hoodies: a black one and a blue one, we go to pay.

Changjo swipes the credit card and does the other stuff (like I said before, I don't know anything about credit cards), and takes the bag of clothes, dumping the other

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter