16.

the one. (discontinued)

Chapter 16

 

No One’s POV

 

Aish, why did i go there at the first place.

 

Baekhyun ruffled his hair while stomping his feet to the ground. He received some looks from people who was passing by. But he didn’t care, he just wanted to release his frustation right now. 

 

He fasten his pace to his destination, the only place where he could be alone. His steps stopped in front of an abandoned park, his secret park.

 

He found it the day he moved to the dorm. He was strolling around the neighbourhood and accidentally found the place, um- actually because he was following a cute puppy. The puppy was so small and cute,he looked so fluffy and huggable- don’t judge me.

 

But he was thankful for that puppy, without it he couldn’t have found this place. The place where he could cry, throw tantrums, scream loudly or just stay still in silence.

 

——————————————————————————————————

 

Baekhun walked towards a big tree at the centre of the park. He huffed and punched the tree hardly. The pain when his fist collied with the hard surface of the tree was nothing compared to the pain in his heart. 

 

He leaned his body against the tree. Closing his eyes, he heaved a deep sigh. 

 

“Uh- Excuse me. Are you okay?” 

 

That sounds..

 

“Omo! Your hand is bleeding!”

 

familiar.

 

“Taeyeon-ah?”, Baekhyun opened his eyes and found Taeyeon standing before him. “Baekhyun? Byun Baekhyun? What are you doing here?” 

 

“What are you doing here?”, he asked her in return. “I was-uh.. my dog.”, she stuttered then pointed at something behind him. As soon as he turned his body, something tackled him to the ground, then continued with something his face. “What the- Wait, you! I know you, you’re that puppy, right? We met again little fella~”, he grinned at the small black poodle on his chest and ruffled its head affectionately. The dog responded him with a bark and more . 

 

“You know my dog?”, the almost-forgotten girl asked in confusion. “Uhm, yeah i met him once, i followed him here. By the way, what’s this little fella’s name? Boy or Girl?”, he stole a quick glance at her before diverting his attention back to the cute creature in front of him. 

 

“He’s Ginger. By he, definitely means he’s a boy. Ginger is a weird name huh? I don’t even know why i named him that in the first place. Right, why did i name him Ginger anyway? Was i eating ginger that time? Wait i don’t even like ginger. Not you Ginger, ginger as in edible ginger, so stop barking at me. Why Ginger though? I’m weird. I could have named him Arnold, or Thomas or- or Charles Charlie Charger-”, she blabbered unknowingly but immediately stopped once she heard a chuckle. 

 

OH MY GOSH WHAT DID I DO? GOSH GOOD JOB KIM TAENGGU! CONGRATULATION, YOU’VE JUST EMBARRASSED YOURSELF! /CLAPS/ He probably thinks you’re a weirdo now, well you are actually. But-but still!! /mental facepalm/

 

The-now-standing Baekhyun lifted his hand to his mouth, trying to hold his laughter. “Sorry.” 

 

She slowly looked up at him, and widened her eyes instantly. “YOUR HAND! Wait here, don’t go anywhere. Play with Ginger or something but don’t punch the tree again, why did you punch it anyway? Wa-”, she started to blabber again but smacked her own forehead the next second. “Just, don’t go anywhere” 

 

Baekhyun nodded blankly at her, with that she quickly ran and soon disappeared from his sight. 

 

——————————————————————————————————

 

Baekhyun’s POV

 

“There you go, all good! Ah, don’t forget to change the bandage or else you’ll get infection.”, she said while cleaning up the medications she used.

 

My wounded hand was now bandaged and she did a good job. She was very gentle and careful, which made me fall for her more.

 

“Taeyeon-ah… can i ask you a favor?” 

 

She hummed still busy tidying some things up, “About the kiss and things i said in Jeju.” 

 

From the corner of my eye, i saw her hand movement stopped. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes,

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Please forget it.” 

 

Opening my eyes, i continued, “Please just- just forget everything. As if nothing happened. Can you do that?” 

I turned my head to her and saw that she was already staring at me. I couldn’t help to realise, that there was something in her eyes, 

guilt and sorrow. 

After a few seconds, she nodded her head and squeaked out a small “yeah”.

 

We sat in silence, only the sound of wind blowing the leaves could be heard. I felt empty, as if i was letting a part of me got blown away. And i know, i only can sit there watching it flew away, higher and further away from me. 

 

I heard her turned herself to my direction. “So, friends?” she stuck her hand offering a handshake. With a chuckle, i faced her. With a sad smile i declared “Friends”

 

“Thank you Taeyeon, for doing me the favor.” 

 

Her lips turned into a soft smile, “Welcome and hey that’s what friends are for, right?”. The smile turned into a very cute grin, I bobbed my head agreeing to her statement.

 

“Congratulation about Minseok hyung too. I hope you both will have a long lasting relationship, and. Be happy.”

 

She fiddled with her fingers and pressed her lips. “Thanks Baek.”

 

Her ‘thanks’, ‘thanks’ that hold so many secrets and meanings. And even though so many things were flying through my mind, i managed to say,

 

“Welcome, that’s what friends are for, right?”

 

Feeling the night breeze, i felt so cold both outside and inside. Tonight a lot of things happened, i had to make decisions. I walked away from mom and dad, and now, what kind of decision will i make?

 

I looked at her lovely side profile and with one last glance i convinced myself. I will let her go, i will let her find her happiness. Even if it means i have to let go of my own happiness. 

 

But I won’t walk away, I will still be there by her side and support her, because

 

that’s what friends are for. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n:

 

HYAHAHAHA

HELLOW!

 

I’m back with a short crappy chapter and sorry tho. I was busy last week, i had competition and lot of school duties. But, i’m back and i hope you can enjoy this chapter even though it’s kind of sad.

 

OH! PLEASEEEE CHECK OUT MY NEW STORIES TOO! I think i’m going to update today, so stay tune~

 

Thank you for those who had viewed, read, subscribed and upvoted the story. I LOVE YOU GUYS <3

 

I think that’s it for this chapter. Don’t forget to subscribe and upvote, also feel free to leave your comments below. I really appreciate your supports!

 

See you guys sooooooooooon <3

 

 

 

XOXO,

byunbaekhyun29 

깹송~