The Hazel-eyed Girl

The Illusion's Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

IU - The Story I Didn't Know

"Hana?"

 

"What are you doing here?" Hana's eyebrows met at the center. She seemed to be troubled and hurt. *Why do you always come out of nowhere?* She thought to herself. She wants to own this house, protect this house and she hates it when someone abruptly steps in and presumably they'll destroy the beautiful antediluvian designation of her so-called home.

 

Xiumin showed his trademark expression, he rose both of his eyebrows at the same time and made a shape of letter 'O' in his lips. "Uhm... Loitering?" He replied shyly and still holding the rusted golden doorknob. He knows deep in himself that he's not staying here because he has no particular reason, this house called him. He knew that.

 

"Loitering? And then what? All of a sudden you'll just vandalize here and there? I know people like you." Hana rested her hands on her waist and made the 'So-What?' face. Her straight lips were pale, and her skin is as white as snow.

 

Xiumin left the antique door open, he doesn't want to creep Hana out. He started to walk slowly towards the vandalized wall made by some people and brushed his right hand against it. "I hate it when people do this things. I can sense that this house has some good memories, but people can't see it. I just hate it when all they think of is their happiness." Xiumin looked at his feet and then his eyes shifted to Hana, his back facing her. "So don't worry, I'm not like the people you think of. You don't know me."

 

"You think you can bribe me with your words?" Hana said with her hoarse voice.

 

"I'm not bribing you." Xiumin turned around and finally faced her. "Well, I can't do anything if you don't want to believe me. I'm not controlling your mind, though."

 

"Why can't you just get out of here? I want to be alone!"

 

"This isn't even your house." Xiumin shrugged. He didn't tend to say it offensively, but of course for Hana it would mean something else.

 

Hana rolled her eyes, grabbed her bag and started to walk towards the house' door. Xiumin followed her quickly and grabbed her wrist before she could leave.

 

"Ouch!" Hana hissed in pain.

 

Xiumin immediately removed his hand from Hana's wrist and apologized sincerely. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to--" His words were cut off when Hana's hand began to bleed, it came from her wrist. Hana lifted her long sleeves up and her eyes widened when her bandaged wrist began to release a big amount of red liquid. She slowly felt the pain and hissed.

 

Xiumin didn't know what to do. He fished out his blue handkerchief from his pocket and tied it above the wrist of Hana to stop it from bleeding.

 

Hana pulled away her wrist. "You don't have to do this."

 

Xiumin held her and gently pulled back her hand. "I have to. It's my fault." He quickly but surely tied the handkerchief on Hana's hand. "I have to bring you to the doctor." Xiumin eyed her with loving and worried eyes.

 

"You don't need to. I just want to go home." Hana's head began to ache. Her bruised body reacted to her sudden reply, that's why she wore long sleeves and long comfortable pants to hide her bruises. She was feeling terrible even before Xiumin came. Of course, it's her father's fault again. *It's not even your fault.* She spoke to Xiumin in her head.

 

She pinched her eyes close for the reason that her vision started to double. Xiumin held her gently like she was a beautiful fragile vase.

 

Hana's knees became weak, all of her joints became weak, she opened her eyes and the next thing she saw was darkness.

 

"Hana!"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter