Pretender

The Illusion's Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

EXO M - Moonlight

XIUMIN

I told him not to tell her. I don't want Hana to misinterpret my words, she'll never know the reason behind those. She'll never know because she never knew that I love her. I just want her to be safe and loved and I know Baekhyun can do that, I'm just a ghost. I can't be here forever.

 

I saw her crying on Baekhyun's shoulder and it hurt me a lot seeing her like that. This was just the second time I saw her cry and I know it was because of me. It was because of those words I thought Baekhyun would never say to her.

 

I continued to follow her on the other side of the street while she kept on wiping the tears that fell on her cheeks. I know she's thinking about me, about how bad I am. I know she would never forgive me for what I did, I know she thinks that I see her as a toy that can be given to anybody. I hope she'll understand everything soon.

 

She just looked straight on the white ground without looking anywhere, and then she decided to cross the street at the green traffic light and I never knew why. And I never knew that I was too late to save her. She was hit by a car in front of my eyes and I felt the pain she felt.

 

People started to go around the incident and they chatted about it. Damn these people, why won't they call 911? The ambulance? I tried to go after Hana but I can't move my feet, I can't move my weightless soul and there's nothing I can do to go after her. What's happening to me? I feel my body as heavy as a hundred kilogram rock and I can't explain why. I just looked at the people chattering but I can't see Hana anymore because of too much crowd.

 

I felt a strong wind and I closed my eyes to stop the air from drying my eyes. And I saw the most wonderful thing that happened in my life.

 

"Hana?" I asked Gu Hana wearing her favorite Cole Vintage Athena dress and her long burgundy hair in a finger wave style and placed on her shoulder's right side.

 

It was our fifth year anniversary and this is the day I've been waiting for. She was prettily sitting across me and slicing the small piece of meat on her plate.

 

"Yes?" She smiled at me.

 

I stood up from my seat and went towards the radio and pressed the play button. I went back to her and reached out for her hand. "Can I have this dance?"

 

She held my hand and stood up. We went on the center part of the dining room and I held her waist with my right hand while her left hand held my shoulder. And the other hands were holding each other. Our feet moved like a falling leaf freely moving with the wind. Our moves were so connected that we won't step on each other's foot.

 

♪ ♪ ♪

God bless the day I found you

I want to stay around you

♪ ♪ ♪

 

We smiled at each other because the song emphasizes our story. From the day we met each other until this day that we won't let go of each other. I looked straight to her eyes and sang with the song with all my heart.

 

♪ ♪ ♪

And so I beg you

Let it be me

Don't take this heaven from one

Well if you must cling to someone

♪ ♪ ♪

 

Hana held my hand tightly and sang with me.

 

♪ ♪ ♪

Now and forever

Let it be me

♪ ♪ ♪

 

I hugged her tightly and made sure her right ear was placed next to my chest. Her hands were hugging me back even tighter."Can you hear my heart beating?"

 

"Hmmhmm." I felt her nodded.

 

"As long as my heart beats, it will always beat for you."

 

♪ ♪ ♪

Each time we meet love

I find complete love

Without your sweet love

Tell me, what would life be?

♪ ♪ ♪

 

She broke the hug and looked at me. "Kim Minseok, I love you."

 

I smiled at her and kissed her forehead. And instead of replying those three words back, I asked her something.

 

"Gu Hana, will you marry me?"

 

I opened my eyes and a tear fell from my right eye.

 

As long as my heart beats, it will always beat for her.

 

But my heart already stopped beating. It stopped beating for this girl in front of me. It stopped for her, and I don't want it to happen to her. I don't want her heart to stop beating for me. I need to do something. I have to do everything.

 

The loud sound of sirens started to appear. More and more people started to come and chatted about Hana and the car that hit her. I followed the two rescuers that lifted Hana and put her on the stretcher and went towards the ambulance. Of course I will follow her, I went inside the ambulance and sat on the seat right next to Hana's right shoulder. And of course, he wouldn't be absent especially on what happened with Hana.

 

Baekhyun.

 

He quickly went to the seat next to Hana's left shoulder and I can see the worriedness in his eyes. "Hana, please hold on. Don't leave me. You said you won't be gone for so long, right?" I saw Baekhyun cry and he wiped out the blood for Hana's face with his bare hands

 

The paramedics started to check on Hana's blood pressure and heart rate as the ambulance started to go all the way to the hospital. I want to hug her right now and I want to take away all the pain from her. Pain that she feels physically and emotionally.  I should be the one suffering right now, she's innocent and she doesn't know anything. Why should the innocent ones suffer? Why should Hana suffer? I don't want to see her this way, an oxygen mask was placed on her face and one of the paramedics kept on resuscitating her to keep her heart beating.

 

I held her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter