It Takes Time

The Illusion's Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

SNSD - Dear Mom

"Forgotten promises are remembered."

"Please wait for me. I love you Nana."

 

*I will. I love you too Baek.*

 

Hana was just 8 minutes late. 8 minutes. She kept repeating it to herself, now she knows how much she'll miss her partner in crime. Yes, they can still communicate with each other because of the modern world we're living but she'll surely miss Baekhyun's physical contact with her. Who will hug her now when she needs the comfort she begs for? Who will kiss her forehead when she wants to feel the respect that her father never gave to her? It's true that one step can lead you to a decision that you'll either be contented for, or the other way around. In Hana's case, she chose to step away from Baekhyun the night she asked him to settle his mind. She never knew that would be the last time he would hear his voice personally before he left.

 

She was just 8 minutes late.

 

Hana hugged the yellow and almost crumpled paper close to her heart while walking inside the hospital. She hates herself so much right now. She thought that she's so irrational and immature on what she did to Baekhyun.  Why didn't she check her phone? Why didn't she come on time? The girl did not have the chance to say to him that she already forgave him. He's Hana's bestfriend. He's her mother, brother, safe haven and her everything, of course she'll always forgive him. She hates herself for acting cold-hearted to Baekhyun, and she doesn't know how to eliminate that ice cold heart of hers.

 

"Where did you go, Hana?" Someone interrupted Hana from her thoughts. She turned around to see the single eyelid boy raising his right brow.

 

"Why do you care? Just go. I need some privacy. Please." She turned around and almost walked away when Xiumin called her name.

 

"Hana." Xiumin waited for her to completely turn around and finally face him. "Your mother is waiting for you." He smiled the sweetest smile.

 

"You mean my mom is--" Hana was just about to make sure that her mother is awake now when Xiumin cut her off.

 

"Yes. Go to her now. She needs to talk to you."

 

Hana folded the paper and deposited it inside her pocket and hurriedly went to her mother's room. She felt water forming in her eyes but she didn't understand the emotions forming inside her pumping machine. Excited? Scared? Happy? She doesn't know. All she wants right now is to see her mother aroused and it's a good thing that the awakening of her mom is a fortuitous event.

 

*She needs to talk to you.* Xiumin's voice kept repeating inside her head. It gave her the valiant heart to ask for the answers to her questions that she longed for.

 

Hana gently twisted the doorknob open and the first thing she saw when she entered the room was her mother's diabetes-causing smile. Tears started to rain down on Hana's cheeks. This is the most beautiful scene she ever saw in her life; to see her mother smiling again, and this time, her smile is just pure happiness. No lyings, no heartbreaks.

 

"Mom..." How she missed to call her mom with honesty and love.

 

"Sweetie. Come here." Hayoung with a white bandage on her head said and tapped the space beside the bed. Her eyes that was full of sadness before is now filled with enlightenment. Hana missed it, she missed the good memories, and she missed her mother calling her "Sweetie", not "". She just missed her mom.

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter