Beginning

The Illusion's Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Lin Ji An & Cheng Yu Lun - I am Always Here

Baekhyun sat with a straight back on his comfortable navy blue upholstered chair. He slowly tapped his pencil on his beige desk and studied the picture of the empty lot where he would base the structure of the house. The lot was full of tall grasses and some debris that still needs to get cleaned.

 

"A simple but classy house..." He talked to himself. "...just exactly what I've been thinking of." Baekhyun put the picture inside his brown envelope and put it inside the drawer. The witty boy cleared his desk and flattened his tracing paper and his blank paper on where he should draw the plan on top of it. He got his rulers, eraser, and other measuring tools for the accuracy of the plan.

 

When he finally got an image of the house inside his head, he immediately started to line the blueprint of the house. "Simple yet classy." He kept repeating to his self. "Simple yet classy... just like her." He smiled while sketching the walls of the establishment.

 

He moved his hands as if it was a wave moving freely in the sea. Baekhyun kept lining, measuring, sketching, putting the details and shading his masterpiece. His smile never left his face while doing his work. It was almost 1:00AM yet he decided to stay in the office because midnight times gives him more imaginations and inspirations than what morning gives to him. Midnight times are quiet times that helps him relax and condition his mind to be able to use his talent effectively.

 

One of the trademark works of Baekhyun is that his plans in houses has big windows.  He wants his client to see the outdoor clearly and appreciate it. He started this style when Hana told him that she wants a house with big windows and a wide space because it helps her to write the most beautiful things in the world.

 

Baekhyun drew the details but he did not finish the plan yet, he wants the house to be perfect from the floor plan to everything and he wants to beat the expectations of his client so he uses his time efficiently. "The outlines are done now, I'll just continue this tomorrow." He talked to the air as he rolled the papers and put it inside his big bag securely to make sure that the papers won't be crumpled. He gathered all his drawing materials and put them inside his black bag with organization.

 

Baekhyun made sure he didn't forget anything before going out of the office but he was wrong. He didn't notice his phone inside the drawer of his desk, maybe because of his weariness he didn't realize his phone anymore.

 

The moment Baekhyun got out of the office, his phone beeped and her name popped up in the screen.

 

[[ From: Hana

Sunday, 2:38AM

 

Baekkie, How are you now? You didn't call me since you left. Is there anything wrong? Are you mad at me? Please reply. I miss you, Baek. ]]

 

________________

 

"No, mom. We're not going back to that house." Hana said as if she was scolding her mother. Her mother was admitted to the hospital now, she's healthy and she got her strength back.

 

"But, where will we stay?" Her mother asked as she zipped her jacket upto her neck.

 

"I already rent an apartment near my working place." Hana zipped her bag and carried it on her shoulder. "Don't worry mom, I'll get your things back from the house. I just have to find the exact timing."

 

Hana was about to lead the way out the room's door but her mother grabbed her wrist, she turned around to face her mother. "Thank you." Mrs. Gong said.

 

Hana held back her mother's hands and smiled her beatitude that she feels. "No, Mom. Thank you... Thank you for going back to me."

 

Mrs. Gong pulled Hana into her arms. "Just like the summer time." Finally, she had her daughter back into her arms again. Finally, they are back together again. Finally, she's not out of love anymore.

 

Finally.

 

Hana blinked rapidly to keep her tears from raining down on her pale cheeks. "No more dramas, please." She laughed under her breath as she looked into her mother's eyes.

 

"Let's start anew." Hayoung held her daughter's hand and together they walked out of the hospital room.

 

All the world is made of faith, trust and pixie dust. That's what Peter Pan said, living in a place called Neverland. It signifies that when you're at this enchanting place, your heart will never grow old. Do you know why Michael Jackson named his amusement park as 'Neverland'? Because at an early age he started his career as a singer and he never felt how to play and act like a child that's free from any responsibilities. Back when he was 10 years old, he always cries whenever he passes by a park seeing children play, he never felt that, not until he established Neverland. When he's at this place, he goes back to being a 10-year old boy playing freely and no one demands him what to do.

 

In Hana's case, her Neverland is her mother's love and her mother herself. When she was young, Hayoung taught her how to live in a world made of pixie dust with a fairy god mothers always by her side. Hayoung taught her how to live in a Disney world because her mother treated her like the most precious princess in the royal bloods. But whether we want it or not, everything changes, just like how a flower withers when winter comes. Her fantasy world turned into a nightmare, and her own fairy god mother turned into her own antagonist. But the thing is, her fairy god mother was freed from the spell, a spell she didn't know why and how happened. Atleast they are settled now, finally.

 

Hana and Hayoung went inside the bus and settled themselves in a comfortable seat, Hayoung seated near the window followed by Hana.

 

"Are you excited, mom?" Hana asked.

 

"More than excited." Hayoung smiled to her daughter and then shifted her eyes towards the window and stared at the sceneries. *How will I tell the truth to her? She'll probably get angry to me.* She sighed.

 

"Are you ok, mom?" Hana asked with worriedness.

 

"More than fine." She replied and smiled her sweetest smile. Hana rested her head on her mother's shoulder. Hayoung cupped her daughter's face and started to sing her a lullaby.

 

♬If I could

I'd protect you from the sadness in your eyes

Give you courage in a world of compromise

Yes, I would

 

If I could

I would teach you all the things I've never learned

And I'd help you cross the bridges that I've burned

Yes, I would ♬

 

Hana's eyes started to become blurry as tears of mixed sadness and happiness grew in her heart listening to her mother's beautiful voice. She closed her eyes to make her stone heart's door open and let the song's words come in.

 

♬ If I could

I would try to shield your innocence from time

But the part of life I gave you isn't mine

I've watched you grow

So I could let you go ♬

 

Hayoung quickly brushed her left point finger under her right eye to erase the tear that fell on her cheek, but she continued to sing.

 

♬ If I could

I would help you make it through the hungry years

But I know that I could never cry your tears

But I would

If I could ♬

 

Hana smiled with her eyes closed, but a tear fell from her right eye. She feels safe now, resting her head on her mother's shoulder. No more heartbreaks, no more lyings, no more bruises.

 

"Are you asleep now?" Hayoung asked and rested her head on top of Hana's head.

 

"I'm too happy to be sleepy." Hana slowly and quietly wiped the tears that fell from her eyes. She doesn't want her mother to see her cry again. She opened her eyes and sat back with a straight back. "We're almost there." Hana was talking about their new apartment.

 

They both know that their new house will be a true cozy house now. No more shoutings and no more demandings, just a fresh start of love and peace. Finally, Hana's fairy god mother in her world made of pixie dust came back, and she's about to grant her wish. Her wish to be happy and in peace.

 

"We're here, mom." Hana smiled from ear to ear. She stood up from her seat and grabbed the big bag and carried it on her left shoulder. She suddenly felt her knees and joints shiver in coldness. She grew a little bit sick because of stress and the changing weather, and she doesn't have any immunity towards the upcoming winter.

 

"Sweetie, are you okay?" Her mom supported her back.

 

"Yes, mom. I just need a little rest." She lifted her right side lip and continued to walk out of the bus.

 

They continued to walk towards the third street where their apartment is. They were a lot of street food vendors everywhere and a fast food chain near their place. The supermarket is just a 50-meter distance away from their house and Hana's company place is just a 20-minute walk away from the apartment.

 

Hana fished out the keys from the small pocket of the bag and when she found it, she immediately fitted the key towards the door's key hole and twisted it open.

 

"Home sweet home." Hana said with a hint of smile in her face. She ducked down to get the big bag and turn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter