Sad Promise

The Illusion's Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Leo & Lyn - Blossom Tears

Bbbuuuuzzzzzzzzzzzz!!

 

The alarm clock rang several times before Hana finally opened her eyes and prepare for the cold day. She tapped the loud silver alarm clock to stop it from annoying her. She sat up with her hands supporting her and rubbed her still sleepy eyes. She yawned several times and pinched her tiny nose. Hana sat with a straight back and stretched her hands and feet out. The sleepy damsel looked at the clock that was pointing at 5:31A.M.

 

*Aish. Isn't it too early?* She yawned and stretched her hands and quickly lied on her back. *The bed is still calling my name.* She closed her eyes with a smile and tried to take a nap even if it was just for fifteen minutes.

 

Rrriinnnggg!!

 

Her eyes and shoulders jolted and she hit her head on the wood part of the bed. "Aish! Who's calling me this early?!" She squealed in disgust and rubbed her head. Hana sat up and reached out for her cellphone that was at the top of her desk that was just beside her bed.

 

Calling... Baekkie~

 

She rose her eyebrows and swiped the green button of her phone. She cleared her voice and spoke. "Baek, what made you call me this early?"

 

"Oh, did I wake you up?" Baekhyun said on the other line. He pressed the 'speaker' button of his phone and put it on the top of his desk, the speaker side on the top.

 

"Uhm... kind of? But that's okay. If it wasn't because of you I'll be probably late for work today."

 

Baekhyun who was topless and just a white towel surrounding his waist opened his black closet and searched for a good pair of winter clothes for today. He can't feel the winter inside his house because of the heater he installed last week and it's just that, his body is used to this weather. "Oh, I called you because I will pass by your house before heading to work." He loudly said as he got his blue winter jacket and thick black pants with their hangers and threw them on top of his bed and he did not forget to close his closet.

 

"Oh? Why? Is there something wrong?" Hana replied as she stood up and wore her fluffy slippers.

 

"Oh, I'm just going to give you something."

 

"Is that so? Oh, alright then. I will wait for you." Hana smiled.

 

"Alright. See you."

 

"See you." Her smile grew wider and decided to hang up first.

 

Hana went straight to the bathroom to clean herself up, after a 30-minute shower, she dried up her hair and went to her closet and picked the clothes she prepared last night so it won't be hassle for her to decide on the clothes she'll wear today. Blue winter jacket plus thick white scarf and she paired them with gray thick pants that's enough to warm her cold body and she wore a pair of black winter boots. She took a last glance on her mirror and brushed her long lashes using her right point finger. "This will do." She smiled at herself. Hana grabbed her red body bag and wore it on her thin body. The hazel eyed girl headed to the kitchen to give herself even a little portion of bread or whatever her mom prepared for her. But in her surprise, there he was, sitting and waiting patiently for her.

 

"Baek?" Hana looked at the living room's wall clock that was hands' were pointing at 6:42A.M. Her eyes widened, "Why is time so fast today? Aish." She shifted her eyes to Baekhyun, "I'm sorry, Baek. Did you wait long?"

 

"A little." Baekhyun made a pinching gesture and smiled at her. "Your mom let me in before she left. I hope you don't mind?"

 

"Why would I mind? You always barge in here even without anyone's permission." Hana chuckled.

 

"Well, this is the first time I barged in this house."

 

"Hmmm... You said a while ago that you're going to give me something?"

 

"Oh, yes. I almost forgot." Baekhyun knocked his head and grabbed the brown paper bag beside him. "For you." He handed it to Hana.

 

"Hmm? What's this?" Hana accepted it and gently opened his gift. Her eyes widened when she felt what was inside.

 

"I passed by the clothing store two days ago and saw that on the front of the store and I immediately thought of you."

 

Hana removed the gift from the paper bag to see it clearly. "Wow, Baek. This is so pretty." Hana held the white jacket close to her heart. It was soft, soft as Garfield’s fur and literally, it was made of fur. What stood out the most is the stitched blue flower that was handmade and it was encircled with thick black thread.

 

"I bought that for you so that when I'm gone, atleast you can always feel me beside you with that jacket. Oh, that blue flower represents you, and the black thread around it is me, that means I will always protect you no matter what."

 

Hana eyed Baekhyun with a confused feeling. "What's with the sappy words? I really don't like people saying words as if they are going to die soon." Hana knocked on top of the wooden table, a superstition that her mother told her to do when she talks about someone dying.

 

"I-I don't mean anything about that." Baekyun waved his hands. "I don't even know why I said those words."

 

"Whatever." Hana rose her nose in the air and rolled her eyes. "Next time I don't want you to talk about something like that again, okay?"

 

"Yes, ma'am!"

 

Hana looked at Baekhyun who slowly stood up from his seat. She walked towards him and hugged him tightly. "Thank you, Baek. I will make it up to you, I promise."

 

Baekyun hugged her back, but his hug was different, it was not a hug of a bestfriend but rather a hug of a man loving a woman. "You don't have to make it up to me, Nana. As long as I know you're fine and happy, you already made everything up to me." *As long as I live, as long as you live, I will always love you, even though you only think of me as your friend, that won't stop me from loving you. I won't care anymore.*

 

 

"Thank you, Baekhyun."

 

*I love you, Hana.*

 

Hana pulled out from the hug and looked at the time. 7:02A.M. "Omoo! I'm already late!"

 

"I can drive you to your work. No excuses, just say yes."

 

"Who said I would say no? It's your fault that I'm going to be late today, so you really have to drive me to my work." Hana stuck her tongue out towards Baekhyun and they both bursted out

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter