The Days

The Illusion's Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Ludovico Einaudi - I Giorni

*That sound. It sounds so familiar.* Hana thought as she heard the sound of a tuneful piano. She took a hold of her body bag's red strap and looked for the music. She is in the music department of the city, she hears a lot of people playing guitar, piano and different instruments. But there's this music that caught her attention. She's here to interview some musicians for her article but her guts told her to look for that person who plays the familiar music.

 

She closed her eyes and tried to hear where the music comes from. *It's in that room.* She thought and opened her eyes. Hana went towards the room and knocked before coming in. She peeked a little and was surprised with the person who was playing the piano. He was closing his eyes while pressing on the keys of the piano. Hana went inside but the pianist did not notice her. Hana felt the emotions through the music, she loved it, this music is so familiar but she can't remember when and where she heard it.

 

She closed her eyes and his hazel eyes welcomed her. This music, it just gives Hana memories of her father, in her mind she thought that she never met him, but it's just that her brain eliminated the beautiful memories of his father because that night when her father was killed, her heart was shattered into million pieces and went to the point that she wants to forget everything about his father.

 

Her father used to play this song to her but she will never remember it anymore. She knows deep inside her that she needs to know the memories behind this music, but she can't. A tear fell from her right eye, she felt happy and sad because of the music and she didn't know why.

 

The pianist ended the music with a heavy heart. He knows she's already beside him listening to the music. "Hana?" He called her.

 

Hana opened her eyes and wiped her tears. "Hello, Xiumin."

 

Xiumin moved at the left side of the seat and tapped the space on the right side gesturing Hana to sit beside him. Hana accepted his little offer and sat alongside him.

 

"I didn't know you're a talented pianist." Hana said but she kept looking on the black and white keys of the piano.

 

"But I know that you are." Xiumin replied as Hana looked at him, confused.

 

"What?" Hana asked.

 

"Hana, please play for me." Xiumin smiled at her.

 

Hana's eyes widened. "Me? But, I don't know how to play this thing."

 

 

"You know Hana, something tells me that you still don't know yourself. I know you can, just try."

 

"Seriously, I don't know how." Hana looked down and frowned.

 

Xiumin stood up from his seat and went behind Hana. He reached out for her hands and put them on top of the keys. He closed the space between them and he put his face beside hers. Xiu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter