Forgotten

The Illusion's Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Younha - There Was Spring

Xiumin and Hana set their foot inside the bantam café yet a worth spending time spot.  The moment they entered the place, the smell of Hana's favorite cappuccino lingered in the air. There were just exactly 6 tables with maximum 4 sitters each, there weren't much people these days in this cafe, Hana didn't know why because this place serves the most ambrosial coffee that approved her taste.

 

Xiumin led the way to show his gentleman-side. Well, of course for Hana he will always be a gentleman. He stood at the center table of the café because 'middles are always the best'. He pulled the motley upholstered chair and waited for Hana to sit down. He took a glance on where she's loitering because expectedly, he didn't see her beside him. He pushed back the chair when he finally saw her.

 

Hana was sitting prettily with her legs crossed while tapping her right fingers on her knee. "I guess you think that middles are always the best because I saw you there." Hana smirked. "Your tastes really ." She .

 

"How did my tastes went up in this conversation?" Xiumin scratched his head and then pulled out the chair to sit athwart towards Hana and pulled the chair back in so that his body is close to the table.

 

"Well, if you sit at the middle, you'll just see the tables, the counters and the walls, but if you sit here at the corner near the window, you could see the grassy park across here." Hana stated as she made some gestures to make sure that Xiumin understood every word she said.

 

This is one of the traits Xiumin loves about Hana, being random and peremptory. "I guess you're really sensitive about places huh?" Xiumin rested both of his elbows above the table and rested his head on his knuckles and looked at Hana straight to the eyes.

 

"Are you trying to act cute? Stop it, Xiumin. It doesn't suit you." Here goes Hana again, talking randomly. She didn't mean it, in fact, she just denied it to herself that Xiumin really looks like a cute chipmunk when he does that, especially when he blinks his eyes rapidly.

 

"What? I'm not trying to act cute!" Xiumin removed his hands over the table and placed them over his lap. "I'm just really cute." Xiumin smiled with his full teeth and his eyes closed.

 

"Yuck." Hana made a vomiting sound effect to piss him off. "You know what..." She said as she fished out her money from her pocket. "...Just go to the counter and buy me cappuccino. If you want to buy your own coffee, pay it for yourself. I'm not treating you anymore." She said as she handed Xiumin 4 Dollars.

 

"But, you handed me money for two people." Xiumin replied and got the money.

 

"You're such a slow-head person. Just buy me two coffees and I'll drink them all." Hana rolled her eyes.

 

*This girl is really aberrant.* Xiumin thought as he stood and went towards the counter. He never wanted Hana to be the one to pay the bill but he knows that Hana is a stubborn woman, so he accepted defeat but he promised to himself that he will pay Hana back.

 

Meanwhile, while Hana is waiting for him, she turned her head to her left and stared at the scenery. She always wanted this spot near the glass window because she can see the grassy park which reminds her of summer time, but she felt disfavored when she saw the grasses and flowers almost withered because of the upcoming winter.

 

Hana shifted her head back to the table where her hands were resting and the first thing she noticed was her bracelet which Baekhyun gave to her. *I wonder what Baekhyun is doing right now.* She asked herself as she brushed her left hand against the hand-made bracelet which was navy blue in color and has ornamental blueprint. Baekhyun knew how Hana loves flowers and the blue sky, that's why he made that bracelet as a birthday present for her.

 

'Navy blue color represents Hana's personality'. That's what Baekhyun thought while picking a color for the bracelet. The color is not plain nor too attention seeking, just like Hana. He chose the ornamental blueprint because that's just exactly her. 'Hana' means 'flower' and flowers are meant to be took care of so that they'll bloom beauteously in the right season and place.

 

"Excuse me, Ms. Gong?" Someone interrupted her from her thoughts. Hana looked up to see a standing man in brown uniform holding a tray on both of his hands and two cappuccinos on top of the tray. "Two cups of cappuccinos for table number 3." The waiter continued as he put the cups of coffee in front of Hana.

 

"Thanks." Hana shrugged as she lifted her right side lip and the waiter bowed 45 degrees in respect.

 

*Where is that Xiumin?* Hana asked herself as she jerked her head up to see a glimpse of the single eyelid boy. *Aish. That man. He just suddenly pops in and out of nowhere.* She scratched her head and sat back with a straight back.

 

"Did you wait long?" Hana heard Xiumin's voice behind her. She turned her head around and saw Xiumin walking fastly towards her. "Sorry, nature called me." Xiumin grinned and his cheeks became ruddy because of the mousiness he felt as he sat back down across Hana.

 

"Seriously, you're gross." Hana made a face and sipped her coffee. "Don't touch me, ok?" She smirked.

 

"Alright." Xiumin smiled and eyed Hana's hazel eyes and sipped his coffee loudly to show her that he's really gross.

 

"Aish. Stop doing that!" Hana loudly whispered.

 

Xiumin just laughed it off to keep up the bright mood. When he smiled, the edges if his lips almost touched his ears in enjoyment, his eyes disappears when he laughs and the sound of his laughter is the most euphonious melody your ears will ever hear.

 

"I wished that the flowers in the park are still blooming." Xiumin looked at the park and sipped his cappuccino.

 

"I'm thinking the same too." Hana replied and shifted her eyes back to the park. "I really hate winter."

 

"After the rain comes the rainbow." Xiumin quoted his left hand and put his coffee back on the table and looked at Hana who looked back at him.

 

"What are you trying to say?" Hana asked.

 

"Just see the good in it... You see, when winter comes, the plants wither but after the downtime, they'll just go back and bloom beautifully again. It's like they are leaving their unattractiveness in the winter and they'll come back with a fresh start when summer comes."

 

Hana was astounded with the words he said. How can he compare the two contrasting seasons in life? Although he said it indirectly, Hana felt the words. It's like Xiumin is trying to say the words in a roundabout way.

 

"See the good in it? How can I?" She finally asked.

 

"You know Hana, sometimes it's okay to receive help from people around you..." Xiumin fished out something from the pocket of his leather jacket. He enclosed his fist and reached out for the free hand of Hana. "...Let them help you." Xiumin put something on Hana's hand and closed her fist.

 

Hana took back her hand and slowly opened it. She was mesmerized on what she saw. It was an antique heart-shaped locket given to her by her mother with her initials 'GHN' which meant 'Gong Ha Na'. "H-How did you have this?" She closed her fist again and held it close to her heart. "I searched long for this." She furrowed her eyebrows.

 

"You really don't r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter