A Secret Revealed

The Illusion's Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

K. Will - A Slip of the Tongue

Baekhyun pressed his eight finger nails hardly against his palms. His almost-tintless eyebrows met at the center and bit his lips. He loosened his grip towards his hands and went nearer to Hana who was still in the midst of adapting to her surroundings as she did not shift her eyes from the room's white ceiling.

 

"Who's Xiumin? Tell me, Hana. Who is that person?" He cooed. Baekhyun swore if that 'Xiumin' was the one who did this to her, he will kill him instantly. *No one hurts my Nana. No one!* He shouted inside his head.

 

"Baek, let Hana rest first." Hayoung demanded.

 

Hana's right hand gripped onto her mother's hand and Hayoung did the same gesturing that she's always here beside her.

 

The damsel blinked her eyes a few times and eventually came back to her senses. She pinched her eyes close for the reason that her stitches aren't healed yet.

 

"Is there something you need, Hana?" Hayoung asked.

 

"I need Xiumin."

 

*Who's that Xiumin?!* Baekhyun asked her inside his head. "Did that Xiumin hurt you?" Baekhyun said, his breath uneven.

 

"Where is Xiumin?" Hana continued to ask. "I need him." She turned her head slowly and saw her mom, her eyes widened. "How long have you been here, mom?" Finally, she came back to her senses.

 

"Two weeks ago, Hana." She smiled. "Is there anything you need? Water? The nurse?"

 

"Nana..." Baekhyun called her before she can answer.

 

Hana slowly turned her head a little to see who was calling him, and deep inside her was expecting Xiumin.

 

"B-Baek?!" Hana smiled from ear to ear. "You're back!" Hana said with her hoarse voice and tried to sit down but failed and she hissed in pain.

 

"I came home for you... What happened back there, Hana?" Baekhyun felt guilty although it's no one's fault why she ended up here lying on a hospital bed.

 

"Everything is so blurred." Hana answered. "I can't recall everything yet." She frowned.

 

"When you woke up a while ago, you were calling someone's name. Is he the one that did this to you?" Hayoung worriedly asked her.

 

"Someone's name?"

 

"It was 'Xiumin', I think." Baekhyun answered and Hayoung nodded.

 

Hana needs to see him right now. Why isn't he here? He must be here to see her awake now. He must be the one holding her hands and comforting her. Where is he? Won't he come?

 

Those were the questions that flooded Hana's mind the moment Baekhyun said his name.

 

"No, mom. I think he's the one that brought me here in the hospital. If it's not because of him, maybe I'm a cold corpse now."

 

The room's door slowly opened and all three heads turned to see who it was.

 

"Good afternoon, Hana." Her officemates said.

 

Hana just smiled in response. They were happy to see her hazel eyes again, they were happy to see her alive and kicking.

 

"We brought some fruits for you."

 

Baekhyun sighed at the scene. He quietly plumped himself on the maroon upholstered soft sofa inside the hospital room. *I should be the one chatting with her right now. Not them.* He frowned. *Hello, Hana? I'm still here. Didn't you miss me? It's like you're not seeing me.* He rolled his eyes.

 

He ran his hands towards the blue bracelet he wore on his right hand which he fixed a few days ago. *I shouldn't have left. I should've just stayed here and protected her.*

 

"You okay, Baek?" Hayoung asked and sat beside him.

 

Baekhyun faked a smile and nodded. "I'm fine."

 

"...Hey Baek, come here!" Hana called him.

 

Baekhyun pointed himself and walked towards her and her officemates. He was wearing a pair of stylish jeans and stylish gray sweater and partnered it with a good pair of white rubber shoes that made some of Hana's girl office mates’ heart flutter.

 

"I want you to meet Byun Baekhyun. Just call him Baek, whatever. He's my father, oh I mean my bestfriend." Hana joked.

 

*Bestfriend.* Baekhyun thought.

 

"Baek, meet my officemates. Hebi, Kiko, Mina, Minyoung and Mary."

 

"It's nice to meet you all." He smiled.

 

"Hana... You know what?" Hebi stated.

 

"What?" Hana replied.

 

"You two looks good together... No joke."

 

Baekhyun laughed under his breath and Hana saw him. She chuckled silently and said, "We're bestfriends. We have t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter