Don't Allow Me To

The Illusion's Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Younha - Waiting

"Are you sure about this?" Xiumin asked Hana who was stretching her neck as long as she could so that she can take a glance of her father.

 

"Don't worry. He won't see us here." She said as she took a hold of the strap of her body bag and tiptoed her feet. They were outside their old house' gate and didn't dare to make a single sound. "I just want to see if he's ok." Hana felt a sting of pain from her words.

 

Xiumin rose his brows. How can she say those words after all what happened? How can she still care for her evil father even if her father doesn't care for her? Xiumin looked at Hana's eyes who was still peeking through a small hole in their gate and he found the answer to his questions. It was love that kept Hana care for her unmindful father.

 

"I guess he's not home." Hana loudly sighed and frowned her breath visible in the air. She opened the unlocked gate and went to the main door and tried to twist the doorknob open but failed. "It's locked." She muttered and ran her right hand that was wearing a mitten on her burgundy hair and felt a pin that kept her bangs from falling and helped her to cover her scar on her forehead. She meekly smiled and went at the other side of the house while Xiumin kept on following her.

 

She ran her tongue on her dry lips and bended the black hair pin and entered it inside the keyhole of her window. She bit her lower lip and managed to open the window. A little turn to the right, to the left, another turn to the left and voila! She tried to lift the window but her elbows and hands are freezing in coldness, and the window itself stuck too because of the ice forming beside it. "Aish." Hana furrowed her eyebrows.

 

"Let me do it." Xiumin offered and Hana went aside and let him do the honor. He lifted his thick long sleeves upto his elbows and held the edges of the window. Xiumin bit his lower lip and counted. "1, 2, 3!" At the count of three, he successfully lifted the window up and the ices formed cracked and slowly melted on the white cottony ground.

 

"Bravo! Bravissimo!" Hana soundlessly clapped her two hands together and smiled ear to ear.

 

"Grazie!" Xiumin bowed with his hands placed on his belly. "Come in." He held out his hand and supported Hana to go inside her cold room as he followed after her.

 

"Home sweet home." Hana whispered under her breath.

 

"It's amazing that you still call this place your home." Xiumin looked at her and lifted his shoulders as Hana eyed him with lion eyes. "No offense..." He shook his hands. "...it's just that, you amaze me."

 

"Whatever, Xiumin. Stop with your excuses." Hana sarcastically rolled her eyes and started to roam around her old room. Her blue upholstered bed is still there, soft and done. The wall clock is still there but its hands stopped at 2:39. Her closet, drawers, beige desk, m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter