Epilogue

Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2 Years Later.

It was one of the grandest wedding venues in all of Southern Korea.

The railings going up the stairs were wrapped in tulle, fairy lights and flowers and the tall standing pillars were given the same treatment.

The tall wooden front doors were open to let the cool spring breeze fill the building. People were mingling about, but these weren't your regular wedding goers, these were some of the biggest names in the Korean underworld, dressed in suits and summer dresses.

Everyone moved in and around the banquet hall, but there was one group of the most elite that were standing in the middle of the foyer, forcing everyone to walk around them.

"For someone who had no affiliation with the gang  world, she had gone through a lot. She deserves this more than anybody, she must be so happy. She's one of the strongest people I know. I'm so proud." Dara said as she stared at the couple's engagement photo.

From what he heard, she was something special.

Kris followed her gaze and stared at the photo as well.

It was a beautiful one. it was a picture of the two of them, standing shoulder to shoulder. Eun Ah had her hair put up in a bun, some strands falling elegantly down her face with a sparkly headband pushed her bangs out of her face. She wore a simple pink dress that made her skin glow. Maybe it was the lighting, or maybe it was just the side effects of being in love.

Yongguk had the same glow with his black hair, that had grown out, pushed of his forehead. He wore a white button down with a few of the top buttons undone. It wasn't their looks or clothes that made the picture stunning.

It was the love that was captured in a single photograph.

Sure, there were all sorts of engagement photos of theirs throughout the front foyer.  Some of them were cheesy but they all still looked elegant, glamorous, cute and intimate all at the same time. however this one was different.

This one was candid.

It was of Eun Ah who had her hand covering her face but her sparkling brown eyes and bright wide laugh still shone between her fingers. Her face was tilted to Yongguk and her eyes were pinned on him with a look of disbelief and love. Yongguk's eyes were turned up into little crescents and his smile was bright with his mouth open, mid laugh. It was obvious to anyone that it was a photo captured between takes. He had probably said something funny or stupid that made the both of them laugh.  But whoever saw this picture would be craving to know what made the two of them look so happy, but the answer was simple.

It was each other.

It was a relentless gang leader who fell in love with an innocent loud mouthed civilian.

Kris looked away, unable to stare at it for any longer.

It was like déjà vu.

-----

"You look stunning."

Eun Ah turned around and squealed when Halmoni came up to her with her arms wide open.

After constant checkups and a surgery, the doctors told Halmoni that she didn't need the oxygen tank anymore and that she was able to breathe on her own now.

"Just...gorgeous."

"You and Yongmi have great taste." Halmoni said as she made Eun Ah spin around in her wedding dress.

Eun Ah knew that she'd be indecisive when she went wedding dress shopping so she dragged Yongmi along and the younger girl was more than excited.

It was 2 years of gruelling, detail orientated wedding planning with ups and downs but she had finally made to D-Day.

She was finally going to get married. 

Even if it was infront of 350 people, none of that mattered as long as she would leave the hall with Yongguk as her husband.

And if she heard the word tulle or centerpiece one more time she was going to blow her brains out.

"Do you think he'll like it?"

Halmoni snorted, "You could literally wear a trash bag and he'd still marry you in it and call you beautiful."

Eun Ah blushed and looked at her feet. She hadn't seen Yongguk for over 24 hours since they decided to follow tradition. She stayed with Daehyun and Yongmi and  Yongguk stayed with Himchan, neither of them taking the house.

He was getting ready at the Himchan's place because he had claimed that he wouldn't be able to stay away if he knew that she was in the same building as her so he wasn't showing up until later.

Even though she would be seeing him in a few short hours, she was already missing him like crazy and the speed her heart was beating wasn't helping either.

She felt like she hadn't seen him in forever.

Can we just get on with it and get married already?

"I have something for you." Halmoni said as she reached into her purse.

Eun Ah tilted her head in confusion, "No! You don't need to get me anything! I'm just glad that you agreed to be my matron of honour."

Halmoni rolled her eyes, "Of course I agreed. Now hush up and be grateful."

She handed Eun Ah a thin, filmy piece of mesh, "Something new…from Yongmi."

Eun Ah took the cloth and unfolded it curiously.

A garter.

Ohmygod.

Eun Ah's eyes widened as she tossed the cloth on the vanity table.  "Uhhh, heh, um, I think I'll put it on later."

Halmoni snickered at Eun Ah's red face and stood behind her. She got up on the small stool and slowly place a veil over Eun Ah's head. "Something old."

"Halmoni?"

"This is the veil I wore when I got married. It may not be the fanciest, but I thought you'd like it." Eun Ah traced the hem of the veil and tried to hold her tears in.

Suddenly she felt so much more relaxed . She was hit with warmth and comfort knowing that she was wearing it.

"I love it. Thank you so much."

She pulled out a small blue, crystal hairpin and pinned it in Eun Ah's hair. "Something blue."

Halmoni bent down and pulled Eun Ah's leg out from under her dress and wiggled her heel off before slipping in a small silver coin. "And a silver sixpence in her shoe."

She helped Eun Ah put her shoe back on before standing up to hold her hands. "There, I think I got them all."

"What about something borrowed?" Eun Ah asked as Halmoni turned her around to make her face herself in the mirror.

She glanced at Eun Ah's ring before meeting her eye in her reflection, "Trust me, you already have it."

Eun Ah reached up and fixed Halmoni's veil properly over her pinned up hair, making sure it fell proudly over her shoulders. She had a nice smokey but subtle dusting of makeup, making her eyes pop, her lips look softer than normal and her skin glow with her hair up in a curled bun with wavy strands strategically framing her face. She had small diamond studs and was wearing a necklace that Yongmi and Junhong had chipped in to get her. 

"I'm getting married Halmoni." Eun Ah said breathlessly as she stared at herself, wrapped up in soft white cloth. "I'm getting married."

It just felt like a whole new experience, especially compared to their last wedding where he forged her signature and shoved a ring on her finger and called it a day.

She was going to get married for real, in love, and it was making the butterflies in her stomach spin around like crazy.

The woman laughed and rubbed her hands over Eun Ah's shoulders. "You sure are honey, and you make a beautiful bride, might I add."

"I just wish Umma and Appa got to see me." She said melancholically to her reflection.  

"How do you know that they aren't looking down at you right now, wondering how they gave birth to an angel?"  Halmoni gently her hair and Eun Ah felt like she was standing beside her own mother.

"I really hope so, Halmoni."

"Are you excited?" Her tone turning giddy.

"I'm going crazy on the inside. I can't wait but I'm nervous at the same time."

"That's just the nerves. It's a big step, so of course you're nervous, but you two were basically married already, this shouldn't be anything too scary. Nothing between the two of you is going to change. You'll still be in love and completely happy."

Eun Ah let out a light laugh, "I guess you're right."

"And what do you have to be scared about when you have your second family right here with you?"

As if on cue, the door swung open.

"Guess who demanded to see the bride?" Yongmi said as she barged into Eun Ah's bridal suite with the rest of B.A.P in tow.

"Speak of the little devils. I'll head out and see if there's any last minute things to do." Eun Ah nodded and gave Halmoni a kiss on the cheek.

"Thank you Halmoni, for everything you've given me, ever since I was 16.  You were always there for me. I'm so grateful for you. Thank you."

She the young girl's cheek before giving her a hug, "If anyone's blessed it should be me because God gave me a daughter."

Halmoni gave her a squeeze and hugged all the others before gracefully slipping out of the room.

"Noona!"

"Omo! My ring bearer is here!"  Eun Ah exclaimed when she saw Kyung.

"Joori is with Chaerin and Dara doing bridesmaid stuff so we took Kyung off her hands." Jongup said with his hands tucked into his pockets.

"Noona! You look so pretty! You're like a princess." Kyung said as he clung closer to Yongmi. She was dressed in her bridesmaids dress which was a lace navy blue dress with tight long sleeves.

Chaerin, Joori and Dara along with some of Eun Ah's other female gang friends were wearing the same dress but theirs were a lighter shade of blue to stand out from the maid of honour, Yongmi.

Eun Ah bit back her smile when she saw Daehyun shoot lasers out of his eyes at Kyung who rested his head on his girlfriend's shoulder.

Yeah.

Girlfriend.

He was officially, publically dating Yongmi.

Daehyun inched close enough to Yongmi to wrap his arm around her waist and kiss the side of her head, staking his claim while glaring at the 7 year old boy who seemed too big to be getting carried.

If anything, dating Yongmi only made Daehyun more possessive and clingy around his girlfriend and a little softer too.

It was a hard and definitely frightening conversation but Yongguk had finally caved in, letting the two of them see each other.

See each other…and live together in their own little apartment.

The second part involved Eun Ah begging, bribing  and reasoning with Yongguk to give the couple a little privacy before he finally agreed to letting them live together.

Although, there were a few threats thrown in, Daehyun had gladly accepted them all, just happy that he got to finally be with Yongmi, which was a plus for Eun Ah whom he laid off on teasing.

"You guys all look so nice." Eun Ah said with her hands clasped together when she saw them all walk in.

"Duh. I mean, have you seen the way we look on a normal day?" Daehyun said with a roll to his eyes.

Eun Ah ignored him and turned to Junhong and Jongup. They had grown up so much in the last two years. The young boys that she had grown so fond of had turned into tall adult men looking handsome in their fitted suits.

"How are you guys liking school?"

"It's a lot of fun and we're meeting a lot of cool people, but all these girls keep asking Junhong out. They're like vultures." Jongup said with a shiver.

Daehyun and Yongmi weren't the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter