Chapter 64

Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Why are you looking at me like that? Am I that good looking?"  Yongguk said with a smirk. The oxygen mask was hanging around his neck as he pulled his hand out of her hair.

"I'm dreaming." Eun Ah mumbled as she stared, wide eyed at him.

Yongguk laughed lightly, "No you're not, baby girl. I'm real."

"Oh my god. Oh my god." She chanted as she scramble up on his bed, climbing over him. She gently touched his head, making sure he was real. He carefully wound his arms around her waist, but she was too busy giving him an inspection to notice.

"I can't believe this. You're alive, you're okay." She breathed out.

She scanned his head and noticed that the bullet wound was healed up nicely, although a small patch on the back of his head was shaved. Eun Ah started shaking, happy tears streaming down her face.

She wanted to laugh because she felt so lucky that she still had him and she wanted to cry because she was scared that it was all going to be taken away at the same time.

"If I knew that you'd be all over me like this, I would have gotten shot a long time ago." He said jokingly when he noticed her body draped over his.

She shyly ripped her body away from him and sat back on his legs while wiping her tears. He still smelled like sandalwood, even after lying, unmoving for a month, it warmed her insides. She gulped and looked at him, a blush raging across her cheeks.

Yongguk couldn't fight the smile on his lips and reached out to brush the light pink hue. She jerked back when he touched her and tilted her head down, away from his burning gaze.

Yongguk's smile faded off his face when she leaned away. His heart cracked at the thought of her moving away from him.

She told him that she still loved him but did that change? He couldn't keep dealing with her running away from him. He needed to keep her near him or he'd go mental.

"I'm seeing you for the first time in what feels like forever, don't you have anything more to say to me?"

She looked away but kept silent.

"Hwang, I don't like asking you for much, but I need you to talk to me again or I don't know what I'll do. I've dealt with enough days away from you to handle anymore."

Eun Ah kept her eyes down before mumbling softly, "I met Halmoni. I know she's alive and I know what you did for her. For me." She looked up at him and met his gaze with her own teary one. "You kept your promises. All of them and I was wrong about everything."

Yongguk shrugged, relieved that she was talking to him again and finally knew the truth.

He couldn't keep anything from her.

He leaned against the headboard, "I'd do a lot more for you Hwang." He reached his arm forward and brushed the tears off her face.

She sighed at the feel of his soft hands, "Then can I ask you for one last favour?"

He her cheek and smiled. "Anything you want, Hwang."

She fisted the corner of his hospital shirt and begged, "Will you give me another chance, please?"

He blinked at her in confusion, "What do you mean?"

"I'm so sorry for everything I did. I'm sorry that I blamed you for Halmoni's death and accused you of not doing anything to protect her, when you really did the opposite. I'm know the worst. When you didn't wake up, I was so scared. I was scared that I might have lost the best thing to ever happen in my life." She blurted out.

"Eun Ah,I--"

She couldn't hear him and just continued on her rant. "I know I don't deserve you and that I've messed up a lot, but I love you Yongguk, I never stopped loving you for a second. I'm just so sor--"

Yongguk scoffed and shook his head, making her nervous. "When will you learn?"

"I know, I'm so--"

"How many times do I have to tell you? I can never stay mad at you, Hwang. I love you too much to do that. I never blamed you for how you acted. You didn't know what I was planning, I kept a lot from you so for someone who lost someone important to you, it was kind of expected for you to flip out. You fiercely protect the people that you love and you just proved that to me. If anything, I'm impressed."

She bit her lip and timidly blinked at him. "So you forgive me? You'll take me back?"

Yongguk snorted, leaned up and stared  into her eyes. "How can I take you back, if I never gave you up?"

"God, you're amazing. How can you still forgive me after everything I did?" She asked breathlessly as he laced their fingers together.

"You don’t know everything you have given me, love. Everything that I do for you isn't even close to what you've done for me and who you've made me. You need to stop apologizing for things you didn't do wrong. Just remember that I'd never do anything to hurt you and you can always trust me."

She reached up and touched his cheek, "Who else would I trust if not you?"

Yongguk laughed, "I hope I didn't scare you too much."

"I'm just so glad that you're okay. I was so worried that I'd never see you again." She said, thinking back to the times she had sat beside by his comatose body.

"Pfft, please, you have to do a lot more to get rid of me. We're really stuck on each other and I couldn't be happier." Yongguk said teasingly.

"Same here." She said with a smile.

"Hwang Eun Ah I need you to do something for me." He mumbled as his eyes lingered on her lips.

"What is it?" She worried that he was still in pain from the accident.

"Kiss me."

Eun Ah opened in shock and stared at the longing in his eyes. The same look she was sure, that she was mirroring.

When was the last time that she kissed him?

Yongguk winced when she didn't move and was about to laugh it all off, when her cool hands slowly grasped either side of his face. His breath got caught in his throat when she moved her face close to his. It looked as if in the month he was gone, she had just gotten more beautiful. He could feel her breath scattering over his face when her nose barely grazed his.

Nothing was ever going to change with her.

She would always feel so good.

She let her lips linger right over his and trailed her eyes up the slope of his nose to meet his eyes. His beautifully heavy lidded eyes. His impatience melted. It was a kiss that had been exchanged over a thousand times between their eyes before their lips even met. It was the best kiss either of them ever shared.

"I missed you." She whispered into his mouth with a loving smile.

"I couldn't exactly leave you behind, could I? I was too busy racing to wake up to you." He said huskily.

"Never scare me like that again." She pleaded softly.

He raised his eyebrow and challenged her, "I thought you said I didn't scare you."

"Which is why you should never do it again." She said with narrowed, threatening eyes.

"Kiss me and we'll see."

Eun Ah laughed brightly, "Deal."

She bent down to press her lips against his as their eyes slipped close. She shivered at the taste of him that never seemed to change. It made her head spin in the best way possible and it made her heart scream. She couldn't believe that she almost threw this feeling away.

How stupid was she?

She was never going to take their relationship for granted, not when life was so frail. She'd rather spend the rest of her life arguing with him than kissing someone else. Over the last 6 months, he had tattooed himself onto her.

She never wanted to look back at their time together and wish she acted differently.

Yongguk reacted immediately, like a man starved. He was unconscious for over a month and it felt like he was asleep the whole time  with her name on his lips. He angled his lips from his position under her and made sure that he kissed her so deep that she forgot whose air she was breathing.

She sighed and felt her body relaxing into him with a mewl. She was trembling as sparks burned from her toes to the apples of her cheeks. It had just been too long with the both of them and they were going through withdrawal.

They felt their hearts burning as they moved their lips ardently against each o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter