Chapter 62

Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"But why would he even ransack her place? What would he get out doing any of this to her?" Yongguk said as he tried searching Jaehyun up online.

"He was probably looking for the same thing I was. Proof. Proof that she is Ah Min and Hae Yong's daughter."

"I just don't get it though, why would your partner care?" None of it was making any sense to Yongguk.

What connection did Jaehyun have to Eun Ah to want to do any of this to her?

Woon stared at Jaehyun's blood chart and felt the hairs on his arm stand up. The numbers looked familiar, not identical, but still reminded him of something.

Or someone.

"There's something weird about his blood work."

"What do you mean?" Yongguk asked as he searched Jaehyun's name up on his laptop.

"His blood work looks familiar. I've seen these same content percentages on someone else."

"I know you're a good detective and all, but I doubt you have every criminal you have ever arrested's blood work memorized." Yongguk said sarcastically as he slammed his computer shut. There was nothing online that helped him.

He grabbed his keys and his gun and headed towards the stairs.

"You're right, I don't." Woon's voice started to shake. "There's only one person that I've been after for long enough to have stared at his blood to the point of memorization. There's only one person whose blood work is important enough for a cop to know by heart."

Yongguk frowned as the wheels in his mind started to turn. "Ryu?"

"We got a rare sample back in '90 it was the one lead we had on him but it did us no good, I stared at the chart for hours, committing it to memory."

"So what you're saying is that they have similar blood patters?"

"Yes. but too similar to be a coincidence."

Yongguk slowed down and stared wide eyed at the front door. "You don't actually think…"

Woon walked over to Jaehyun's desk and pulled his drawers open. He shifted through all of the young man's junk, most of it random paper work or trash, until he found something hidden under a false bottom of one of last drawers.

Another passport?

It looked nothing like the one he had submitted to the bureau and human resources when he first got hired. The binding was different and it looked like it was printed longer ago.

Woon opened the passport and noticed all the different stamps, listing all the different countries he had traveled to.

He told me that he's never gone out of Korea.

He flipped to the last page with his name and photo and stared at the smiling two-face visage that was staring back at him.

"I think I just found Ryu's only living relative…Ryu Jaehyun."

-----

"You could've avoided all of this if you just accepted me, I gave you a chance but you turned me down. Hyung just wanted you dead but if you accepted me, I could've brought you on our side. You would've been safe but you chose the wrong guy." Jaehyun said as he tossed the knife strapped to her calf to the side.

Eun Ah scoff in disbelief. "You're doing this because you're hurt I rejected you? What are you going to say next? That 'good guys finish last?' Please, that's pathetic."

Jaehyun's eyes darkened and his fists clenched. "No, I'm doing this because I have hated B.A.P since the day I was born. There is no one more despicable than Bang Yongguk and his little pack of minions. They are the lowest form of life, but it was my mission to help my brother take them down."

Ryu watched him proudly as Jaehyun continued with his rant.

"It's a shame that you became one of them. Admittedly, you were just a mark at first, but after watching you for so long, I have to say you grew on me."

Eun Ah's eyes widened in fear. "You've been watching me? For how long?" She was horrified, she was being stalked and she never knew. He was insane.

He was a psycho.

She couldn't believe that she had gone on dates with and thought he was attractive. She had kissed him and was even staying at his place.

How could she not know so much about him?

He laughed a little manically as Ryu watched with a raised eyebrow and a cocky smirk.

"Oh Eun Ah, it's wasn't a long time, when you started getting involved with B.A.P's maknae and the restaurant owner, I had to make sure your memories stayed hidden."

"Memories? What memories?" She asked, scared to hear his answer.

Jaehyun shrugged nonchalantly."I couldn't let you remember me being at your parents accident so I had to keep a close eye on you. I had to get close enough and try to bring you over to our side but you were just too stubborn, so it had to lead to more drastic measures. We had to make sure that you didn't remember me so that when you saw me around Woon, you wouldn't foil our efforts in taking Yongguk down."

Eun Ah finally glanced at what he was wearing. An official police uniform. It was the type of uniform that officers and detectives only wore on rare occasions.

Like inducting ceremonies.

Medal or award ceremonies.

And funeral ceremonies.

That's when everything clicked.

Eun Ah gasped, "You, you were there that day, at my parents funeral and right before I passed out when I saw their car. You're the one that kept asking me if I noticed anything out of place at the scene of the crime."

A proud smile graced his face."Yeah, I had to make sure you didn't see me rig and explode your parents car and who do you think was able to get into the police records and write that your father was driving drunk? You were so disorientated that you couldn't tell me anything useful when you regained consciousness and I didn't have that much time before the actual cops came so I had to wait until your parents wake."

"But how could you do that? You were so young." She gasped out, unable to understand how someone so young could act so callously.

Ryu laughed as he stepped into the conversation, "Yes he was18 and with so much ambition. I've never been more proud."

"I have to admit it hyung, I was almost scared when the old hag made it out alive. It was nice to hear that she died. Very satisfying."

Yumi and Daeho just hung out at the back with lazy looks on their faces. They were watching the three of them like they were watching a sitcom.

Are any of them sane?

Eun Ah's hands began to tremble and her body started to feel cold despite the sweat dripping down. "You-u did that to Halmoni? You befriended her just to kill her?"

"Well I had to gain the trust of the person closest to you. But kill her? Oh I hardly think I killed her. You killed her when you chose to get involved with B.A.P. You chose to marry him which was why she died. Luckily, you reacted just like I expected you too…you turned against your only and greatest ally."

She couldn't argue with him there.

She blamed Yongguk for something that Jaehyun had done all along.

She did exactly what he wanted.

-----

Woon hung up right away, telling Yongguk that he had to make some calls before they did anything active.

But Yongguk couldn't wait.

Eun Ah was living with the blood relative of the man who wanted her dead.

He needed to get to her.

Now.

If it was the last thing he did.

He knew that she was in danger and the fact that she wasn't answering any of his urgent calls or texts just reinforced his assumption. 

He had to hurry.

Yongguk frantically yelled for everyone as he got to the foyer, bringing their attention to where he was. He spoke slowly and clearly, his mind was far too invested on the task at hand for him to get his emotions mixed up in it.

If he wanted to get her back, he had to do his best to keep a level head.

No matter how badly he wanted to raise hell.  

"Where's Himchan?" Youngjae called from the top of the stairs, itching his head.

He's out for a run." Daehyun as he walked towards everyone else. Yongguk filled them in on what he learned as they all started to get geared up.

"So he didn't take anything out of the armoury?" Yongjae asked suspiciously.

Yongguk looked up at Yongjae as he zipped up his jacket. "Probably not, except for his knife."

Youngjae glanced back at the door of the armoury before slowly moving down the stairs. "Huh."

"What?" Yongguk said as Yongjae passed guns around.

"It's just that a bunch of guns and weapons are missing."

Yongguk frowned as a flashback of earlier today played in his mind.

"Their bag fell onto the ground with a heavy thump as he pressed his body closer and leaned forward to get a better view of their face in the darkness."

He thought that the duffle bag she had with her was her clothes since she said she was coming to pick up stuff she left behind.

But her bag fell too heavily to be a bunch of clothes.

What the hell is she thinking of doing?

This was the girl who followed Bohye to a drug front on her own. He wasn't sure what she wasn't capable of doing.

", okay, call Himchan and make him come down as fast

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter