Chapter 18

Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yongguk took a shower and changed into some clothes before heading downstairs, to the kitchen. They were still in the house alone and the silence made him uneasy. He walked in and saw Eun Ah standing by the stove, still in her purple dress, whisking something in a bowl.

He padded closer to her when she heard on his incoming footsteps.

"Make your own damn breakfast." She didn't look up at him and poured the eggs into the pan, glaring at it sizzling.  

Yongguk sighed and poured himself some coffee, "I didn't ask you to make me anything."

He leaned on the counter behind her and watched her hunch over the pan, poking at the frying egg.

"You should get changed, your clothes are in my room."

Eun Ah didn't reply and just flipped the egg, she let it cook for a few minutes before turning off the heat and going to pick up a plate.

He gently grabbed her arm and pulled her towards him. "You should change your bandage."

She yanked herself away from him and glared as fiercely as she could. "Don't touch me."

He slowly let go of her hand and took a step back when she brushed past him to grab a plate from the cabinet.

"You may hate me now, but it's going to benefit you in the long run."

"Shut up, just shut up. Nothing you say or do will ever make me think that." She dug her fork angrily into her egg as she hissed.

His eyes automatically fell onto the ring that fit perfectly on her finger.

At least she's still wearing it.

She glanced at him through the side of her eyes, "Is it done? Is it legalized?"

"It will be soon."

Her hand gripped the plate, "Can you please do something about it? Can you stop it?" Her voice broke down as she gave him one last plea.

Yongguk creased his eyebrow and picked up his mug, "Don't ask questions that you already know the answers to."

"I'll be in my study, you should change your clothes and shower." He walked away, leaving her upset.

Yongguk felt irate, he and her had something good going on before, he could even call them friends, but now it felt like they were back to when he first met her: Her hating him and him getting annoyed at her.

When he reached his door, he inspected the wedged lock and pulled out a butterfly blade to pick at the screws until the knob came loose, letting him into his sanctuary.

He placed his mug down and opened the secret compartment in his desk. He pulled out a few papers. His eyes scanned the dotted line that had Eun Ah's signature forged from her health card.

He perked his head up with when he heard his shower running. He was glad that she at least was changing out of her dress and into some fresh clothes.

He gave the document a last once over.

 "This is it."

-----

Himchan came barrelling through the door, his vision had bled red, searching for Yongguk.

Once he heard the truth from Yongmi, he had never been more disappointed in his leader when he learned the about the purpose of the date. The rest of B.A.P tried to catch up with him when he stormed up to Yongguk's study.

The door knob was screwed off but the door was tightly shut. Himchan slammed his body into the door until it swung open. Yongguk looked up from where he stood in front of the fax machine, feeding the papers through it.

"Is it true?"

Yongguk blinked at him before raising his eyebrows, "What are you talking about?"

"Drop the act, did you really do it? Are you two married now?" Himchan's grip tightened on the door frame.

Yongguk waited until the fax was successful before turning to him. "I just sent the licence in now, it's official."

Himchan laughed in disbelief, "You must really hate her since you're so dead set on ruining her life."

The other members gathered behind, trying to pull Himchan back away from Yongguk who approached him with equal antagonism.  

"You've been really testing my nerves man. What goes on between me and  her does not concern you. Just because you said that you care about her, doesn't mean that you have any right to get involved. Not unless you have feelings for her."

Himchan laughed it off, "Trust me, I don't have to worry about my feelings but I do care about her because it seems like no one else is treating her like a human. You on the other hand, need to learn how to separate your emotions from a job. Because at the end of the day, that's all she is, a job."

Yongguk glowered at the boy and grit his teeth, "Stop running your mouth." 

Himchan smirked and stepped closer to him, "Does controlling people get you off? Do you enjoy forcing her to stay in your room? I'm starting to think that you take pleasure in telling us what to do."

"Hi--" Youngjae tried pulling Himchan back, but he just shook him off.

"If you hate it so much, then why don't you just leave." They were in each other's face now, fatality spitting out of their eyes.

"Why? So that you could make another mistake like when she got kidnapped or would you rather have a repeat of Bohye?"

Yongguk snapped.

His fist connected with Himchan's jaw and the two of them launched at each other, throwing punches, and shoving each other against the walls.

"STOP!" Yongmi screamed while Daehyun pushed her out of the way and the other boys leapt forward, trying to pull their hyungs apart, but it didn't do much good. Himchan clocked him across the face before Yongguk slammed him on the ground and repeatedly pounded his face until his lip split and blood started spurting out. His weight sat on Himchan's stomach as the boy tried fighting back.

"What the hell is going on in here?" Eun Ah stood by the door with wet hair as the guys stepped aside for her to see Yongguk wailing on Himchan.

"WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING? STOP!!" Eun Ah ran over and wrapped both her hands around Yongguk's arm, pulling against it. He kept hauling his arm forward so she shoved at his torso until he tumbled off of Himchan.

"Are you out of your mind?! You're going to kill him!" Eun Ah panted and lifted Himchan up and scanned his face. "Are you okay?" She winced at the sight of blood over his face.

Yongguk sat up on the floor and watched his 'wife' fuss over another man. "Are you kidding?" He stared, stunned, as she helped him to the medical room.

Suddenly he felt his anger reappearing.

What is she doing? He clenched his fist and felt his wedding band press into his finger.

She turned her head and glared at him, "You're insane."

She's mine.

-----

Himchan shook his arm out of her hold and dropped down onto the bench.

Eun Ah scoffed and pulled out Yongjae's first aid kit, "You're welcome."

He poked his swollen lip and flinched in pain. "I don't remember thanking you."

She shoved his hands away and applied rubbing alcohol to clean his wound. She wasn't delicate and made sure she used more pressure than necessary to clean it up.

"Sit still you baby." She swatted his hands away.

"Ow! You're hurting me!" He whined when she prodded at his black eye.

Eun Ah smirked, "Then maybe try to  win the next time you get into a fight."

He tried to glare at her, but the pain made him groan instead. "He surprised me okay, I wasn't prepared, he's lucky that I was caught off guard. You don't know what I'm capable of, porky."

"What were you two even fighting about?" She murmured as she placed an ice pack on his cheek

He leaned away from her and watched her pack up, "You seem awfully put together considering you're a married woman now."

Eun Ah froze and her eyes snapped to her ring finger. "It's not exactly in my power."

He looked at her pitifully, "Why are you letting him do this?"

She sighed and leaned on the bench beside him, "I think, beneath all my anger, I know that what he's saying makes sense and that he wouldn't do any of this without good reason to. It doesn't mean I like it or that I'll accept it but I think, subconsciously, the trust that I put in him outweighs the rest. But it still makes me mad as hell."

He blinked at her, surprised at the amount of faith she put in his leader and behind the cold way she treated him, she depended on him.

Himchan stood up and walked towards the door, feeling confused.

Eun Ah snorted, "That's it? I saved you from getting your assed kicked and patched you up and this is the thanks I get?"

Himchan smirked with his inflamed lip , "Whatever, cob roller." He closed out the door behind him.

"I bet he just looks up different words for pig just for these moments." She mumbled to herself.

She heard a knock on the door and yelled over her back, "What? Are you going to start calling me pig in French too?"

"I need help with the wounds." 

Her eye twitched when she heard the familiar deep voice ring out in the room.

Yongguk

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter