Chapter 38

Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hi. Yeah, so your friend passed out at the bar here at Wanderlust and we're closing soon. Can someone come pick him up?"

-----

Daehyun looked at Yongguk in disappointment when he threw him down on the couch. If there was one thing that Yongguk was a master at, it was holding his liquor. He had a high alcohol tolerance as it is but he still knew when to cap off.

What caused him to go get so ing smashed?

Daehyun helped Yongguk out of his jacket before tossing it away. "Seriously, what the hell is wrong with you?"

Yongguk rubbed his face and slowly sat up.

"What does it mean when I don't like her around other men?"

Daehyun looked up, bewildered, he was supposed to be giving him a lecture. "What are you talking about?"

Yongguk looked away, his mind drifting off as his forehead creased. "What does it mean when I miss her when she leaves a room? When she's all I think about and being around her makes me feel jittery."

Daehyun's confusion changed into amazement as he watched his leader confront new feelings. It didn't take a genius to know who he was talking about.

"Why do I feel happy when she's happy? It doesn't make sense. I don't get why she's the only one that makes me soft. " He leaned his head back and stared up at the ceiling. "What does it mean when I care about her more than I should?"

Daehyun looked at him with soft eyes and gave him a small smile. For someone who Daehyun had always looked up to, it was a change to see him so confused.

Like a child.

"It means that you're in love with her."

Silence filled the room  as Daehyun waited to see Yongguk's reply.

He scoffed and shook his head, fear gripping his heart.

No, please, anything but that.

"That's not even remotely true. I don't lo--"

"How would you feel if she left you right now?" Daehyun cut him off abruptly.

Yongguk immediately sat up, Daehyun's words sobering him up as his eyes darkened.

"What?" His voice came out deep and threatening, like a violent growl.

"How much would it hurt?" Daehyun's spoke quietly speaking from experience as he challenged his leader.

So damn much, you couldn't even fathom.

 I don't want her to leave.

I never want her to leave.

Yongguk swallowed the newly forming lump down his throat and looked at Daehyun helplessly. He couldn't possibly fall in love with a girl who liked someone else.

If she left, he wasn't sure how he'd be expected to function.

He didn't want to sound like a spoiled brat, but Yongguk had spent majority of his life getting what he wanted. In his defence, he normally worked for the things he wanted but he still got his way regardless.

Eun Ah? Eun Ah was a whole new world for him to experience. She was a wild card that he needed so badly, but she wasn't just a commodity for him to own.

She was so much, ing, more.

She was someone so amazingly rare and precious that he wanted to hand her the world, because she deserved it. He would give up everything just to give her everything she had ever wanted.

If she were to leave him, he'd have no purpose in life. No goal. He'd have no one to look after and care for.

No one to...love?

"It kills you, doesn't it?" Daehyun mumbled, his own experiences flashing before his eyes. He knew what it was like and he knew that fighting your feelings didn't do anything but cause more pain.

Yongguk never realized how important she was until now. She had just always been around that he never really thought about how much she impacted him.

How she cared about the people around her like her own family.

How she was so poised and y but still the biggest dork.

How her eyes lit up when she laughed.

How she was so strong and independent but still naive.

How she always smelled like raspberries no matter what.

How he'd want to destroy anything that hurt her.

How he had become addicted to just making her happy.

How her touch could make him stop fighting in the middle of a war.

How she had become the center of his universe.

How he couldn't imagine his life without her in it.

Holy .

I'm in love with her.

"I-I"

"What's going on here?" Junhong said as he peeked his head in the kitchen. His face was laced with worry, but his eyes shifted when he saw Yongguk holding his head in his hands.

"I'm-I'm in love with her. I love her so much." He said shakily.

It was true. As apprehensive as he was about it, he was never more sure about anything in his life. Now it all hit him at once and he couldn't help but wonder how he had spent so much time in the dark about it.

He had been loving her for a really long time, but the feelings were so new and foreign to him that he didn't know what was brewing inside of him.

Junhong's eyes widened in surprised and his jaw dropped as he looked at Daehyun for confirmation, who only smiled and nodded.

"S-seriously?" He couldn't mask his excitement. "That's awesome news! Congratulations!"

But Yongguk's face didn't relay the same type of enthusiasm.  If anything, the realization had dropped him into a darker pit of self-loathing.

The girl that he was irrevocably in love with has feelings for another man. It was just as good as having her leave the house all together.

"Yongguk? Are you okay?"

"It isn't good news Junhong, not when she has feelings for someone else. In fact, it's kind of the opposite."

He felt the blood rush to his head, his hangover really taking effect.

Everything good in his life had just caved in on itself.

"It's the worst."

-----

Eun Ah peeled her eyes open after what felt like hours and was welcomed by darkness. Her breathing puffed past her lips in heavy, panicked gasps.

Her consciousness was still coming and going sporadically, so she couldn't figure out what was happening with her. Her head was pounding and his vision was dizzy as nausea curled up her stomach.

She felt so ill and sore that loud groans fell out of her lips as she tried to fill her lungs with oxygen.

She banged her head when she was jolted up and groaned when she bounced around the cramped space.

"What? Where am I?" She mumbled in confusion as she reached for her covered eyes. She gasped and felt her blood run cold when she realized her wrists and ankles were bound by handcuffs.

She tried to calm her heart but she already felt sweat dripping down her face and breathes were getting louder and more frightened as she moved her wrists upward to pull the cloth blocking her eyes off.

She tugged on it  few times before she could shimmy it down to her chin. She ripped her eyes open but it didn't improve her vision. She was still surrounded by darkness but now she was more aware of the confined space she was in.

It felt like she was in a coffin.

The space was so narrow that she couldn't even prop her knees up. She tried to pur the last memories together as her body jolted around int he confined space.

The last she remembered was waiting for Yongguk to pick her up.

But that didn't happen.

He didn't come.

She broke out into a sob as she banged her fists against the ceiling. "Hello?! Is anyone there?"

She paused when she heard cars pass her by.

She was in the trunk of a car.

Desperation filled her bones as her cries got louder and more dreaded.

"HELP!! SOMEONE HELP ME!"

She wiggled her body around the small space when she got no reply back.

"CAN ANYONE HEAR ME?! I NEED HELP! PLEASE!"

She felt around the space around her and felt the cloth lining against her palms. Her muscles tensed and her heart thudded loudly in her ears.

Someone must have attacked her outside the ramen shop and now they're driving her somewhere remote to finish her off.

Her eyes watered as it all came together.

Ryu captured her. He finally got what he wanted.

Where's Yongguk? Why isn't he here?

Eun Ah gripped the chains of the handcuffs as a sense of longing mixed with terror filled her heart.

She wished she was back at home in bed with Yongguk or watching a movie with the rest of the gang.

Does anyone notice I'm  even missing?

Eun Ah wiped her tears and tried to focus.

She could panic later when she was dead, as of now, she was going to use every last drop of en

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter