Chapter 23

Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eun Ah stared at him incredulously. "Excuse me?"

He frowned and looked at her bare finger. "Why aren't you wearing the ring?"

She scoffed, "I wasn't going to let Halmoni think I got married. I wasn't going to lie to her, I still know how to respect people."

He narrowed his eyes at her, "Really? You think you have the right to take that tone with me right now? After you ing went against my orders and snuck out without any protection to go to a place where Ryu's men know you'll be at? You have some ing nerve Hwang."

Eun Ah was too tired to argue with him. She was just sick of everything right now.

"Whatever." She tried to walk around him to get into the car  but he blocked her way.

"What the hell is wrong with you? Do you realize the risk you took? Do you realize how insanely idiotic you were? Why are you mad at me when you're the one that made me run around town looking for you?"

"Really? You were looking for me? Are you sure that your girlfriend wasn't your first priority?"

Yongguk knit his brows in confusions. "What are you talking about?"

Eun Ah just shook her head and pulled out the key to the Porsche and started walking to it.

Yongguk moved faster and ripped the key out of her hands. "I don't know what you think you know and honestly, I don't care, but you're riding with me. If you think you'll have any sort of freedom after this stunt, you are severely mistaken."

He lifted her over his shoulder and dropped her in the car before storming to the driver's seat. Eun Ah was just too angry and too drained to fight back. She was sure that she was in no condition to drive anyways.

Eun Ah laughed dryly when he buckled his own belt in. "Freedom? You think I had freedom? No, I had leash that you held, I'm just your stupid pet that you order around. You can shamelessly make me marry you and ruin my life while you run around and try to get back with your ex."

Yongguk twisted his face in confusion, "Hwang, you're kind of coming out of left field here. You must really not know me because I have no idea wh--"

"I know okay! I know that you were in a relationship before. Bohye, right?" She saw Yongguk's face harden at the mention of her name and she couldn't help but sigh as they got closer to the house.

"I heard that you were dating her and when she broke up with you, you went crazy and wanted her back and that's what you spent all your time doing. Don't you think that it's a bit unfair? That I can't talk to anyone, but you not only forced me to marry you but you're trying to win her back as well. I'm the only one that's losing here because it's looking like a win-win for you."

"Where did you hear this?" Yongguk's voice deepened and she swore that she heard a growl mix in with his voice as his fingers squeezed the steering wheel.

"That's not important. What's important is that you still have feelings for her, so I think it's best if we annul this thing now." She felt panic squeeze her chest when those words left .

"I'm not going to ask again. Who told you this?"

She turned her head and looked out the window, ignoring his question, "You better call you little friend and get them to throw out the documents."

The car screeched  to a halt and Eun Ah noticed that they had reached their place. A normally 30minute drive was cut down to 15. She could only imagine how fast they were going and how many speeding violations he caused.

"That's not happening." Before she could respond, he was already out of the car and opening the front door to step in.

Eun Ah stared after him in fury.

Who the hell did he think he was?

She exited the car and stormed through the front door, slamming it shut, sending vibrations through the house and shaking the walls.

The members all came down when they heard the loud noise but stopped by the stairs when they saw the married couple out for blood.

" YOU! What right do you have telling me what to ing do when you're only concerned about making your own life right? You're being selfish. You know, before I found out about Bohye, I kind of felt bad for you too. I thought that you also had to get married to a stranger so at least we we'd be on the same boat, but you had a backup all along didn't you? Were you just going to get Bohye back and then leave me for Ryu? I must have been the biggest burden to you. A stupid hiccup in your grand plan to win her back."

"Do you even hear yourself talking? You're just sprouting nonsense out of your with no knowledge of the truth. You decided that everything someone random person told you is true and you ran and made your own dumb assumptions. This isn't as simple as your making it out to be and you are nowhere near the truth." Yongguk's voice was mocking, like he couldn't be bothered to hold this conversation with her.

"Do you like juggling two girls? Or is owning a better word?" She spat with a scornful smile on her face.

"Noona-"

"Don't you think it's a little pathetic to be chasing after a girl that broke up with you? Don't you have a shred of dignity left? She clearly wants nothing to do with you and you're still fawning after her with everything you've got."

Yongguk laughed, "This is unbelievable." This whole thing seemed unreal to him. The fact that she was giving him for something she knew nothing about when he was the one that was supposed to be angry with her.

"You think this is all worth it? You think at the end of the day she's going to still want you back? That you obsessing over her is actually going to change anything? Will you still be satisfied even if it doesn't turn out your way?"

Himchan blinked at her words. He was starting to grasp where their argument was going and to him, her misunderstanding was kind of amusing, but he was starting to find some of her words relevant.

Yongguk paused at her last statement.

"You must have hated putting that ring on my finger. It must have ate you alive having to give it to some random girl that you met a little over 2 months ago when you really wanted it to go to someone else." She raised her voice as they faced off.

That was when Yongguk lost it.

"SHE'S NOT MY EX GIRLFRIEND!" His voice boomed and made everyone in the room except Eun Ah jump.

W-wait.

What?

Tense silence hung in the air as no one spoke a word.

Suddenly Eun Ah didn't feel the confidence to yell at him that she had moments before.

"I don't know where you got that absurd idea, but it's not true. And you think I'm playing with you? You think I care enough to play around with you?"

He walked up to her and ripped the jacket out of her hands, he searched the pockets until his fingers touched metal and pulled out the silver ring.

He yanked her hand and jammed the ring back on its rightful place and glared at her.

"Don't take it off again."  He turned to walk away but felt his body jerk back when something cold encircled his wrist.

Eun Ah gasped when the same sensation hit her.

"I don't like it when umma and appa fight."

Yongguk turned his head, his eyes ablaze and stared at the handcuffs that were locked around his and Eun Ah's wrist.

"Zelo, you better have the ing key."

Junhong laughed fearfully when he heard Yongguk use his street name. "Yeah, well I do, but Yongmi noona paid me an undisclosed amount of money to hide the key the next time you guys fight."

"You've got to be joking." Eun Ah whispered.

Yongmi slowly started retreating up the stairs when the floor board creaked under her foot.

"Bang Yongmi, don't you dare take another ing step." Her brother's voice was threatening and had her gulping in fear.

"Well, um, it's obvious that there's a misunderstanding between the two of you, so I just figured that you need to spend more time with each other to clear things up and I didn't think you guys would do it on your own."

"I have work tomorrow." Eun Ah stated. She loved Yongmi and Junhong to death but right now, she just wanted to strangle them.

Yongguk laughed, "You think you're still allowed to go to work?"

She harshly yanked at the cuffs, making his hiss in pain.

"Yongmi, you have three seconds to get that key and unlock us. Now."

"Bu--"

"NOW."

Yongmi sighed and nodded at Junhong who kicked off his shoe and reached for the key. The cuffed pair watched expectantly, as the young boy frowned when his hand couldn't find the key in his sneakers. He gulped while pulling off his other shoe and checked under the padding.

Junhong glanced uneasily at Yongmi and turned his both his shoes upside down and shook them, but nothing came out.

"Junhong."

The boy looked at his leader and shrugged helplessly.

Yongguk launched forward at the boy, trying to grab his collar.

"WOAH!"

"Hyung calm down!"

"Hyung!"

Everyone jumped between them, even Eun Ah used her free hand to pull his arm away from the younger boy.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter