Chapter 32

Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Daehyun swung open the door and smirked at Eun Ah, "Hey Lost and Found, good to see you're still alive."

She rolled her eyes and brushed past him before kicking her shoes off.

She smiled when Junhong and Yongmi tackled her with a hug while the rest of them, with the exception of Himchan and Jongup, who weren't there, crowed around.

"Eun Ah, ,, you scared us half to death!"

"Seriously, never do that to us again."

"I'm glad you're okay." Youngjae finished.

Daehyun looked away from Eun Ah and choked on his spit when he saw the little creature snuggled in Yongguk arms. "Holy !"

"Watch your mouth." Eun Ah hissed as she flicked him on his forehead.

"Sorry, but seriously? You guys were gone for like one hour, how do you two already have a kid together?"

Yongguk gave him an unamused look before walking towards the stairs with a sleepy Kyung.

"Is this him?" Yongmi whispered as she moved closer to see him.

Yongguk hummed in response. He had texted his sister from the car, knowing that she'd be the most mature about it, so that she could open up Eun Ah's old room and set up a small space for Kyung to sleep in.

"How long can we keep him?" Junhong asked when Eun Ah handed him Kyung's backpack.

"He's not a pet dog." Eun Ah said as she stepped up beside Yongguk.  "And he's staying with us for two days until his mom comes to pick him up."

Yongguk looked around, "Where's Jongup?"

Youngjae sighed, "He's holed up in his room. I think seeing her really shook him up."

Eun Ah felt bad for the boy, she could only imagine how betrayed and hurt he was feeling.

Having that sort of trust broken.

Youngjae stood by the door and peered at the kid curiously. "What's his name?"

"Kyung.  And try not to scare him, you guys."

Daehyun gasped dramatically and held his heart, "We would never!"

Yongguk rolled his eyes and was about to carry Kyung to the room when the young boy started wiggling in his arms, waking up.

Yogguk turned and faced him, "You're up?"

He slowly put him down and faced him towards everyone there. "Greet them, Kyung, they're your hyungs and noona."

Kyung rubbed his face cutely, making Yongmi squeal as she knelt down. "Hello, My name is Kyung and I am 5 years old."

"Hi, Kyung-ah! I'm Yongmi noona!" Kyung immediately smiled at the pretty girl and touched her soft hair.

"Noona, you're really pretty." He said shyly.

Daehyun made a face and rolled his eyes in disgust. 

"Hey little man, are you hitting on my sister?" Yongguk said jokingly as he ruffled Kyung's hair.

Eun Ah looked over and smiled when she saw Daehyun childishly pouting and huffing in the corner.  She slid up to him and poked him in the shoulder.

"Getting jealous of a five year old, are we?"

Daehyun scoffed at her, "I forgot about your big mouth, I wish you stayed missing, fatty." He pushed Eun Ah away and sulked up the stairs.

Eun Ah looked over and saw the other three of them huddled around Kyung, cooing over him.

She smiled at the sight and was positive that Kyung was surrounded by the best people, the best family, until his own came.

She looked up when she felt someone watching her and saw Yongguk staring back intensely.

When they met eyes he mouthed, 'Let's go upstairs', at her.

She glanced back at Kyung before nodding and slipping up the stairs with Yongguk following closely behind.

They stood together just as Himchan stepped out of his room. He glance between the two of them before his sights landed back on Eun Ah.

"You get why I treat you like an incompetent child now, right? You refuse to follow the simplest of orders."

Eun Ah rolled her eyes and waved her hand casually, "Yeah, yeah, I know you missed me and were worried sick about me."

Himchan balked and glanced at Yongguk who was trying to hide his smile.

"You know you could've died?"

Eun Ah turned to face him and felt guilty when she saw the concern laced lightly in his face.

"I know, and I'm sorry. I won't do it again."

Himchan huffed and walked to her, pushing her forehead back with his finger before turning, towards the stairs. "Damn right."

Eun Ah turned to Yongguk and giggled when Himchan was out of sight. She bit her lip when Yongguk raised his brow at her in amusement as she held out her fingers.

"In 3...2....1....."

"WHOSE ING KID IS THIS!?"

-----

Eun Ah followed Yongguk who led them to their bedroom. When she retreated to the bathroom to change, Yongguk laid flat on their bed, his mind reeling.

He had no idea what was happening to him.

He wasn't sure, but he had an inkling that it had to do with the woman a few feet away from him.

He couldn't pin point the time their relationship had become so amicable, but she didn't feel like a friend to him.

She felt more confusing than that.

Yongguk covered his eyes with his arm and sighed.

He was scared that he was getting attached.

He wanted to handle her threat with Ryu with a level headed mind, but if he let personal biases get in the way, he was sure that he'd jeopardize her safety.

He needed a clear head if he wanted to continue acting rationally.

At the end of the day, he was still keeping her here against her will. Just because she was being friendly, didn't mean that she actually wanted to be here. Once she's safe from Ryu, she'll be going back to her apartment, living her life normally like it was before they had intruded.

And if he kept his promise, he was sure that she'd be living normally....with that cop.

His mind flashed to the kiss that neither of them spoke about.

He wasn't sure if he could return back to his normal life, pretending that she was never a part of it.

He wasn't sure if he could forget.

Could they go back to being strangers again?

If he let her affect him like that, he didn't know if he could let her leave so easily.

The thought of her permanently disappearing from all their lives suddenly made him sick and he started wondering if it was too late.

If he had already grown attached.

-----

Himchan was sitting across the table from Kyung who was shooting daggers with his eyes at the older male.

Yongmi had filled him in and he just felt his migraine growing with every word she said.

How about next time, we adopt the whole freaking zoo?

Yongmi, with the help of Daehyun, placed bowls of jajangmyun in front of everyone except Eun Ah and Yongguk who had snuck off together, leaving them in charge.

"Noona, who is this guy?"

Yongmi coughed in surprise. "He isn't a 'guy', he's your hyung."

Kyung took a bite of his food and stared at him, "I don't like you."

Himchan's jaw dropped at the younger's audacity while the others stifled their laughter.

"Yeah? Well I don't like you either."

Kyung leaned forward with a blank face, "I'll get over it."

Himchan just looked at this boy, speechless. He was going to get outwitted by a five year old.

"You're a bad man."

Yongjae couldn't hold it in anymore and just started clutching his stomach in laughter. It wasn't long until the rest joined along, but the whole time Kyung kept a straight face.

"What're you going to do about it? Fight me? Maybe in a few years piglet."

"I could beat you up. You don't look very strong."

Eun Ah  walked into the kitchen and Kyung jumped out of his chair and ran to her. "I missed you!"

Himchan made a face when he saw the kid get hyper around her.

Is he bipolar or something? Jeez.

Eun Ah had spent the last while getting changed and telling Yongguk what had happen at the daycare before she felt her hunger kick in.

She laughed and lifted him up. "Are you eating?"

She slipped into the chair beside Kyung and set him down as Yongjae handed her a bowl. She leaned over and cut Kyung's noodles into eatable pieces before picking up her own chopsticks. She looked over and saw Himchan staring at her.

"What the fu--" She looked down at Kyung who was contently munching away. "What the heck are you looking at?"

"Nothing, just learning that piglets are no better than the full grown pigs." He said quickly before looking away.

"Don't be mean to noona, ahjusshi."

"You tell him Kyung!" Eun Ah said with a high five.

Himchan squinted his eyes and sighed loudly.

"Birds of a freaking feather."

-----

Himchan walked into Yongguk's study after dinner and paused when he was two steps in. He lifted his head and sniffed the air.

He hadn't been in this room in a long time but he could sense that it didn't smell like normal.

It smelled familiar.

He blinked confusedly and just ignored it before sitting on the couch with his feet up on the table.

"Elephant in the room."

Yongguk looked up, not surprised that Himchan used his stealth to get in. "Do you normally announce when you're in the room?"

Himchan pouted, "I get it, you're calling me the elephant. Hardy har har, you're so funny."

Yongguk chuckled, "What elephant were you talking about?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter