Chapter 44

Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yo-you're awake."

Eun Ah stared at him, wide eyed, her breath caught in her dried throat that she was seconds away from wheezing. She was scared when she heard the door creak open since it was after visiting hours and almost gasped out loud when she saw Yongguk slip in.

She had spent so much of the morning crying that her head was pounding, preventing her from falling asleep. She had unwrapped her eye for the night and even though it felt sore, she could see him perfectly.

She was afraid that it was like a mirage where if she tried to go towards him, he'd disappear like a sick trick her mind played on her.

She was in so much disbelief that he was standing in front of her, that she was wondering if she was starting to hallucinate. Her hands started to shake and felt her heart beat so fast that she couldn't keep up with each pump. She hadn't seen him in what felt like years that it almost didn't look like him. Maybe it was the hollowness in his cheeks or the blackness under his eyes, but he just looked so different.

But it was still her Yongguk.

He stood tall, his presence filling up the room with brightness. His eyes filled with panic and surprise but it felt like everything fit together. It was like they were made to just be together.

She immediately threw the covers off her body and tried to jump off the bed, but all she could do was stumble when her feet touched the ground as she held the bed frame to steady herself.

He leaped towards her, trying to catch her weak body as it slumped against the mattress. His hand wrapped around her waist to hold her up, their faces inches apart. Eun Ah looked up into his eyes and felt her eyes glaze over.

It was that same ing warmth again.

She just wanted to bury herself in his chest and make sure that he'd never let go of her again.

Yongguk's eye softened when they traced the pink puckered scar across her eye before noticing how close they were standing.

He let go of her hips and reluctantly took a step away from her. Eun Ah felt the effects of his distance right away until her eyes landed on the flowers in his hand.

The roses and tulips were in that same, exact vase.

It wasn't Yongmi's.

Eun Ah's eyes trailed up from his hands and looked up at him in desperation.

It was yours.

Tears pooled in her eyes as she let out a soft sob, she had missed him so damn much.

"I hate dahlias."

Yongguk looked at her, baffled, tears filling his own eyes and slowly placed the vase on a nearby counter. Her voice sounded so soothing that it fried the ends of his nerves in pleasure, he wanted to hear that voice over and over again in his ear for the rest of his life or else he was sure he'd go mental.

He was trying to think of a way to escape the room without having her chase after him but the pleading look in her eyes almost had him on his knees.

How much pain did he cause her?

"I'm sorry. I should've bought you daisies."

Eun Ah wanted to laugh at the pathetic conversation they were holding, like they were strangers talking about the weather.

They just stood like that, across from each other with words that they wanted to say linger on their tongues, in silence, trying to read each other from the broken looks in their eyes.

Eun Ah wanted to desperately do all things that she had said she would when she was saved. She wanted to confess to him and yell at him, but now that he was in front of her, she couldn't move.

Yongguk took a small step towards her, testing her reaction, but when it looked like she wasn't leaning away, his strides got longer until he was close enough to hold her face in his hands. He cupped her delicately, like she was made out of crystal and pulled her close to him, so her face tilted up.

Eun Ah's eyes widened and her breathing started to fade at the burning gaze in his eyes.

"Yonggu--"

"Please...just let me make sure you're really here."

He bent his head and captured her lips in a kiss that she had been craving for the longest time. He was soft and cautious, like he was worried that if he pressed too hard, she'd evaporate, but after two days in captivity and two days in the hospital, she didn't want soft and careful.

She wanted hard and needy.

She curled her arms around his body and pushed up on her toes to ram ardently against his, letting out a breathy pant as she on his bottom lip, trying to commit his taste to memory.

Yongguk felt himself burning and took her upper lip between his while his fingers slid into her hair massaging the nape of her neck as both of their eyes slipped close, relaxing into each other with a sigh.

His mind was dizzying in delirium as sparks ignited from his toes to the apples of his cheeks. That feeling, that feeling of being sated from the simplest of actions made him pull her closer to him, never wanting them to run out of breath and pull away.

He  tentatively at her lips until she parted for his tongue to slip in. He almost moaned at her warmth and made sure that he tasted ever inch of because he knew that it, very well, was going to be the last time. When she felt his tongue coax hers, she let herself get lost in their agonizing dance.

Eun Ah let out a gasp and moved her fingers to run through his hair, yanking him close enough that there wasn't a single space between them. He just felt so good, his body fit perfectly against her and the way his mouth sent shivers racking down her spine, felt almost unreal. She just needed more of him.

To make up for all the time lost.

The tears in her eyes started to fall down her cheeks as she pressed her lips feverishly against him, like they were battling to prove something unsaid.

Yongguk pulled his hands out of her hair and cupped her cheeks, wiping away her tears with his thumbs as the one heated kiss diminished into small little kisses that left her breathless in his arms.  

He pulled away but left their faces close together while his eyes stayed shut, relishing from the high she had given him.

Eun Ah's hands slowly slid down and her eyes fluttered open as she faced him. She had expected a happy, loving gaze, but instead she was greeted with his closed eyes, almost as if he regretted his actions.

She wasn't sure, anymore, if he had kissed her because he felt something for her, or if he was just worried about her like he was at the raid.

She was so tired and angry from feeling thrown around and having her heart go through ups and downs without a chance to recover. She needed answers or she wouldn't be able to take anymore.

"Can you please tell me what you're thinking?" Her voice was a broken whisper that smoothed past his lips, causing Yongguk to peel open his eyes and stare back at her.

His eyes scanned her confused and hurt brown eyes and felt everything fall apart. He ripped himself away from her and backed away from her, trembling, heading for the door.

"I'm sorry I left you in front of the restaurant. I'm sorry I couldn't find you. I'm sorry I let you down."

Eun Ah watched in pain as he turned to face the door.

"Are you really that big of a coward? Why can't you just face me and tell me what the your thinking instead of playing these stupid mind games with me?! Do you know how hard it was without you? Every day I wanted to see you the most but you kept avoiding me. I know the flowers were yours too. So if you're really sorry, then how about you give me some damn answers!" She snapped angrily.

Yongguk's back tensed and his fists clenched by his side. "You trusted me to keep you safe. I shouldn’t have left you alone at the restaurant. I saw you there but then I just turned around and drove away because of that damn detective and because of me you got shot and tortured. You went through hell and back because I was jealous."

Eun Ah felt her heart sink at the thought of Jaehyun's kiss.

He saw that?

"W-what?"

"What kind of man am I that lets his wife get tortured and  beaten?"

She looked at him with sharp eyes, "I get it, okay? I know you feel bad and honestly maybe you should. But I'm still alive aren't I? I'm going to be fine, these wounds are nothing to me. I'm not blaming you and it's going to be hard to get over it, but I know I can do this. As long as you're there with me."

Yongguk shook his head and ignored her words.

"And even after you went missing I wasn't even the one who found you. I'm a good for nothing failure that let you down and I think it's the best if you stay away from me. I've made plans for you to stay with Jiyong and Dara." He said lowly.

"No."

Yongguk's eyebrows furrowed but kept his back turned to her. "Stop acting childish and just do it. I know I don't have the right to tell you what to do anymore, but this is for your own safety."

"You're right. You can't tell me what to do. I can make my own decisions and after spending four days away from you I'm not going anywhere, even if you paid

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter