I Got A 'Boy'

Inside the Life of Jessica Jung
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(A/N: So first and foremost. I would like you to know that I'm wtiting this with a broken heart. Just found out that my crush likes my former best friend. People. It . So sorry in advance if this is another crappy chap. BTW, I'll start IGAB era now. Let's have some progress here. Credits to allkpop and wikipedia for articles. PS. The first part of this chapter are just pure articles about IGAB so if you don't want to recall it, just scroll down)

 

No one's POV

 

Months passed by and it's already the time of the year that the 9 girls will make their precious comeback.

 

"It's finally here! Girls' Generation have dropped their 4th full-length album "I Got A Boy"with a powerful title track of the same name. Since its release on January 1st, the girls have been dominating charts and are continuing to rake in millions of views!"

 

said an article

 

"Such a long time away from the scene could prove disastrous for any act in the constantly mutating K-pop world, with acts' popularity dependent on a constant stream of top-notch singles. Yet Korea has proven the love for Girls' Generation (known as SNSD) is strong even without the ninesome promoting domestically together. Their massively dedicated fanbase (named Sones) has kept them one of the top-tier groups in Korea -- as exhibited when sub-unit Girls' Generation TTS not only made the history on Billboard but also found success on the competitive Korean music programs.

"I Got A Boy," their fourth full-length album, is a confident return home with polished K-pop confections that combine elements of foward-thinking EDM, classic and modern R&B, 80s new wave, and more. It should more than satisfy not only K-pop fans but also listeners of all types of popular music."

 

said another,

 

After  S.M. Entertainment revealed the group intended to return in January 2013, MBC announced on December 11, 2012, that the group would be receiving a separate broadcast depicting the album process in preparation of the album's release in January 2013.

 

On December 20, 2012, SM released a teaser image through their official Twitter account. The text on the emblem reads, “Girls' Generation 2013", with the date and time, “2012. 12. 21 10 A.M.”.This was later revealed to be the pre-release single, "Dancing Queen", which was released on the corresponding date. On December 20, 2012, SM Entertainment posted a teaser image containing the words "2012. 12. 21 10 A.M." on their official Twitter.

 

After the release of "Dancing Queen," the group began the release of teaser pictures, with the first member being Hyoyeon, who changed her hair into a multi-colored rainbow. Another picture of Hyoyeon was released, which featured the album title tattooed on her neck with a male face and the group member names  

 

The album was then formally announced to be released on January 2, 2013, after the release of Dancing Queen,with a total of ten covers set to be used; nine of which will be individual jackets that show a single member of Girls’ Generation and one which will be a group photo.

 

Seohyun was the next member to have teaser pictures revealed on December 22, 2012, with a comeback message from Taeyeon as well On the same day, the group's teaser images were leaked causing SM Entertainment to release all the teaser images via their official Facebook account and Korean site Naver Comeback messages from the group continued with Yuri on December 23, 2012 

 

On December 24,Sunny's comeback message was released along with teaser pictures of herself,TaeNySic and Yoona. On the same day, it was announced the group's MBC special entitled  "MBC New Year Special – Girls’ Generation’s Romantic Fantasy" would be broadcast on the first day of 2013 

 

Following the announcement of the group's Korean comeback, . Tiffany's comeback message was released on Christmas Day, she wished fans a Merry Christmas and told fans to "look forward to our wild rap"

 

Seohyun greeted fans from the "I Got A Boy" music video set for her comeback message on December 26, 2012 

 

The official teaser for the drama version of the music video was released on December 26, 2012 while Yoona's message was released on December 27, 2012. 

 

SM revealed on the same day that the group would not be wearing high heels during promotional performances for "I Got a Boy" as members plan to focus on the choreography and performance.On December 28, Hyoyeon's video message was released along with a new teaser picture of the group. 

 

Jessica's message was released on December 29, 2012, assuring fans the group had been practicing for both the upcoming album and their Second Japan Arena Tour

 

Lastly, Sooyung and Seohyun's messages were released on December 30 and 31, respectively A highlight medley of the album was released on December 31, 2012, as well.

 

 

***

 "MBC New Year Special – Girls’ Generation’s Romantic Fantasy"

 

Jessica's POV

 

"Things are getting pretty dull for me." This is the thing that's going inside my mind while playing with my newly dyed strawberry blonde hair. Yes. Me and Taeyeon have somewhat the same hair color now. But what's shocking is Sunny's hair..it's like a bubble gum, a cotton candy or whatever you think that's colorful.

 

Even though everyone's excited for our comeback, I'm actually bored..no scratch that. I'm tired. From the musical, preparing for comeback. Still, they call me lazy. Whatever. Right now, we are preparing for our comeback stage. Come on, it's New Year. I should be spending my time with my family yet I'm here...filming. 

 

Then it already started. We first perform 'Dancing Queen' wearing colored jeans and oldies disco outfit. What is going through my mind while performing? None. Actually. I just want this broadcast to be finished so that I can lie down on my bed. After that we change our oufits while the video that we filmed a while ago is playing.

 

The video wherein we are discussing things in front of a table full of foods. I am situated beside Yuri.. Oh, Yuri..she's been really helpful these past few days. She lights up my mood everytime I come home exhausted from the musical. She's just...all that I want.. all that I need..

 

Everyone's getting ready for the next performance. But Yuri suddenly approaches me.

 

"Sica." she smiles brightly

 

"Yul~"  I smile back.

 

"After the broadcast, please come with me." 

 

"To where?"

 

"It's a secret~" she winks

 

"Sica. Yuri. Get ready." Taeyeon scoffs behind us 

 

We get onto the stage, performing a ballad song. 'Promise' I really like performing ballad songs since I don't need to release so much energy especially that there's Taeyeon, the main singer and Tiffany who's now 'more active' in terms of being a vocalist.

 

After that, we have our talk on stage. well, I am beside Yuri again. I really hate talks to be honest that's why I just follow my script. Tiffany enjoys the crowd and spotlight while being playf

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter