Memories

★✩Sparks Fly✩★

Later at night

[Onew POV]

I rubbed my eyes and switched off the light in the bathroom.  I started walking towards my room, wiping my hair dry on the way. I was about to open the door to my room when I noticed that there was a streak of light from beneath Hye Na's bedroom door. *Its so late... Is she still awake?* I knocked on the door.

"Come in!" 

I poked my head in. 

"Yeah?" Hye Na turned to face me. Her face fell instantly. "Can I help you?" she asked coldly. 

I rubbed the back of my neck awkwardly. "It's...it's about today.." I started. 

I wanted to talk to her once school ended but she did not take the car with us and she skipped dinner because she said that she "is not hungry and do not have a much of appetite anyways" and went straight to her room. 

"Stop. It's okay," She stopped me before I could continue any longer. Tears were b in her eyes. 

"I..I" I walked closer to her. She shut her eyes and gripped her pen so tightly that her knuckles turned white.  "Never mind...Nights." I said half-heartedly and closed the door behind me. 

I sat down on my bed and messed up my wet hair. *Argh! What had Jessica done?!*  I shut the door, on the air-con and laid in bed to think.  *Why am I so concerned about how Hye Na looks at me? Why do I feel so guilty?* 

Unable to think anymore, I walked to my bookshelf and pulled out a book. Books are what comfort me whenever I'm down. I picked out the thickest and most boring book u could see, hoping that I can fall asleep reading it. 

I flipped to a random page and started reading. 

Flip...flip...flip...

I flipped to the next page and an old photograph was jammed between the pages. The photograph was a bit yellowish. Probably from the careless care through the years.  I stared at the photo and smiled. It was a photo of my childhood friend and I at the orphanage. We were holding each other hands and smiling widely. I rubbed my fingers at her face. I missed her. Her face looked so familiar yet distant. 

{Flashback}

"Jin Ki! Today's your birthday arraso?" The noona at the orphanage smiled at me. I nodded excitedly. "Want to take a photo with anybody?" She asked as she held up a camera. 

"Neh!" I exclaimed as I went to find her.  "Hye-nie~" i grabbed her hands and pulled her to Noona to have our photos taken. When she realised what as going on, she grinned at me. We did endless poses and goofy faces until Noona said that the memory was going to run out. Later, when the photos were developed, we went crazy on the markers and started writing notes on the back of the photos. At the back of the photo, was a promise. We made promises to each other and wrote promises to keep for the both of us.

 {End of flashback}

I flipped to the back.  

Hye Na + Jin Ki = Best friends forever.

We promise to remember each other forever and ever.

 

And at the end, there was our signatures. I smiled at the childish promise. It was written in my wobbly handwriting. Messy, but readable. 

Then it struck me. I released the photo and let it float to the ground. *Don't...don't tell me that Hye Na was the Hye Na from my childhood days?* I slumped to the ground. * How could I not realise that? Her angelic face..her smile...Don't tell me..that I have already broken one of our promises?*

Hey hey!~ I updated! On a Wednesday night ^_____^

Sooo...how do you guys find it so far? :) is it getting to boring? If it is, feel free to stab me with a knife. Not literally. comment and tell me and i'll try to erm, un-boring you. *is here such a word as 'un-boring' in the first place?

Tralalalala~ I'm seriously bored nowadays..cus the exam period already passed and there's nothing left to do except to eat, sleep, slack, and well...update. .___.

As usual, gomawo to all the subbers and commenters of this story! You really encourage me! :) Love you guys sososososososo much! <3

Ok then, c'ya the next time I update. Byeeeeee~