First Night (Part 1)

★✩Sparks Fly✩★

[Hye Na POV]

"Hye Na! Remember the lotion!" Key hurried into my room, holding a tube of lotion in one hand and a toothbrush plus toothpaste in another. 

"Nah, it's okay. I don't really need that.  Anyway, it's only a 3 day 2 night stay." I took the toothbrush. 

"What? Nonono! A girl must take care of her skin!" He shoved the lotion into my hands and went off to help Onew. I laughed to myself. Key is so motherly at times.

[Onew POV]

"Here! Bring this!" Key presented me with a tube of facial wash. 

"Key! I already have one!" I held up the one I was intending to pack in. 

"What excuse! You need to wash your face more often! Especially after sports and outdoor activities!" He warned, shoving it into my duffel bag.  I laughed to myself. *This is going to take a long time...*

[Hye Na POV]

"Hye Na? Are you done?" Onew shouted. 

"Coming!" I shouted back as I hauled my bag down the stairs. I had to change my bag 3 times because of all the extra items Key had made me pack. 

"Woah. Did Key made you pack extra stuff?"  I nodded.  He laughed.

"Me too. He made me pack an extra for almost everything.... and Key! We are leaving!~" Onew announced. 

"Wae? Hold on!" We stopped in our tracks. 

"What is it now?" I smiled as I turned towards him.

"Here! Cookies! Build up your strength arrasso?" He replied, obviously satisfied with his culinary skills. 

"Neh..." I grab the boxes and gave Key a quick hug. Key's chocolate chip cookies are the best. "Bye Umma!" I joked. Key waved until we closed the door behind us.  "Let's ride the bike~" I placed my jacket into the basket, reached into my pocket for the keys and asked Onew to ride in the passenger seat. But he refused. 

"No way! I want to cycle!" 

"Nope! Seat in the passenger's seat!" I argued. 

In the end, Onew won the argument. I sighed in defeat I sat in the passenger seat. "Off we go!" he exclaimed. 

.....................................................................

When we reached a slope, I could see that he was already panting. 

"Here, let me take over..." I offered. 

"Nah. It's okay!" He declined my offer almost immediately.  But when we go down the slope, it was definitely not okay. The bike wobbled and I could tell that Onew was losing control of the bike. 

"Yah! Yah!" I tugged at his shirt.  

"Yeah?" He turned to look at me. 

"Focus! Focus! The lamppost!" I warned, pointing towards the lamp post that we were going to crash into.  He snapped his head back to the front the second the words left my mouth.

We fell off the bike. At first I was a little angry at him. But slowly, the frown on my lips lifted to form a smile. And soon enough, I started laughing. Looking at it, it was actually funny. Onew's priceless expression made everything funnier. 

"Come on. Let's go. We are going to be late already. And yes, this time I'm riding the bike. You sit at the back." I got on the bike. 

"Yeah yeah..." Onew mumbled as he climbed on behind me and off we went. 

.............................

"Since today is the first night, let's have a party!" Someone suggested. "Yeah!" a bunch of people agreed.

 .............................

"Now. Now, hold on. Two people need to stay back and clean up the mess." Mrs Jung announced as she held up the duty roaster. "and today is.... Minwoo and Hye Na. They are arranged by the seating positions in class. No complains!" She turned her heels and left the room. *Man!* I watched as the rest of the class filtered out of the room. And when they all were gone, I stared at the floor. Potato chip wrappers, peanut shells, and crumbs of all sorts were scattered on the floor. 

"I'll stay and help out. We can finish earlier and go back together." Onew emerged from behind the door and took a rag off the teacher's table. 

"Neh! Gomawo!"  I cheered up a little

"Is there a dustpan over there? I can't seem to find one!" Minwoo shouted across the room. 

"I'll go get it! I need one too!" I set the broom aside and got to the door.

"Need me to help?" Minwoo offered. 

"Nah, it's okay. I'll be back soon!" I open to the janitor's closet and searched for an extra broom and dustpan. I walked deeper and deeper into the room, but the broom and dustpan are still nowhere in sight. Then, the light got switched off and the door shut behind me.  *Darn!* I scrambled to the door in the dark. I reached for the doorknob and turned it desperately.

Upon realising it was locked, I pressed myself against the door and shouted for Minwoo and Onew, banging the door helplessly.  After a few minutes of doing so, no one came. I leaned against the wall slided down to the floor. No one is coming. 

As moments pass, I couldn't help but think of Jinki, my one and only childhood friend, who was always there for me whenever and wherever. 

Dear Jinki, Do you remember..

...What you promised me under that tree that we called "our tree" when we were only 7?

...How you picked me up and stood up for me whenever others picked and look down on me?

...How we would get in trouble for laughing too loudly during classes?

...How you would comfort me when I'm down? ...How you became my friend although others repelled me?

...When you said that you'll come and save me whenever I need help because you had super powers?

I still remember all of that. But the question is, do you? I need you now. Will you come and save me? I the old charm he gave me the day he left and closed my eyes. "Jinki, where are you?" 

Hey hey guys! I'm so sorry for the late update.... I was sick. ><   and also, I couldn't get hold of the com cause I haven't finish my holiday homework...blah. GEEZ.

Yeah, so.... School's starting soon in Jan here and I don't think I can update as much... But I'll try my very very best to update as much as possible. Alright? >< 

Subscribe and comment!~ 

Ppyong! :D